Chantecaille Gel Liner Pencil

No Image

3.1

on 3/31/2016 10:04:00 PM

I have this in Geode which is a gorgeous grey color, slightly metallic. I think this color may be discontinued as it is on eBay at quite a discount. It makes a lovely smudgy line and I use it almost more as an eyeshadow. the color is quite a sophisticated grey and makes a lovely simple daytime eye for me. I have bought many to give as treats to friends and have a few backups. It is frail, the color part of the pencil and it pays to sharpen with a sharp and good quality sharpener. Already used up one and halfway through my second and I have a third stashed away!

on 5/15/2014 4:31:00 AM

I really wanted to like this eyeliner but it smudges a way lot more than regular gel eyeliners. I sometimes rub my eyes and I do expect my eye makeup to smudge a bit when I do. But when I rub my eyes while wearing the Chantecaille gel eyeliner, almost 80% would come off. Such a shame because when I tested it on my hands I loved the texture/color.

on 3/7/2014 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hmmm, not too sure about this one yet! I purchased today from Mecca Cosmetica (Australia). It is a dual pencil- gel liner pencil on one end and eyeliner brush on the other end. I purchased jet black. I tend to struggle with a perfect winged eye liner look so the mua was very helpful and suggested this product. I personally find it difficult to draw a perfect 'flick' with this product, but in saying that I have been rubbing some of the gel onto my hand and picking up the product with the built in brush. I then draw on a guide line and proceed to use my Nars liquid liner to perfect the line. I got good results today when practising. But I guess time will tell!

on 4/27/2013 6:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I'm on the hunt for an e/l that won't budge when applied to my lower lash line. This one seemed great in theory b/c it's a gel but still looks soft, and doesn't require a separate brush. Unfortunately after having SA try it on me, it sought refuge in the lines under my eyes in about two hours. Not gonna cut it. Glad I didn't buy it.

on 1/26/2012 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had high hopes for this pencil. I was sick of fiddling with brushes and jars for gel liner. I wanted a pencil to give a softer definition to the eye, liquid seemed too harsh for everyday use, and shadow just did not stay on me.

I tried this with primer underneath in hopes of increasing its longevity. The one plus is the color, hematite, its a dark grey that compliments my brown eyes well, it has a soft metallic sheen but not overly metallic. However, this pencil is very creamy and it smudges if I even touch it with my pinky finger. I hoped it would set and stay, but as with most pencils, it starts to smear and any tears or touch of any kind smears it. For it's price, it's not worth it. Still on the hunt for a waterproof eyeliner. :(

on 1/18/2012 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

It just doesn't work on me. I have really hooded eyes and the liner just transfers to my crease in the matter of minutes. But I do have to say this liner is very intense and pigmented. If you don't have hooded eyes, I think it would work wonderfully on you.

I was intrigued by this product, mostly because I am a big fan of gel liners, but find them a bit cumbersome to use at times (having to use a separate brush). Also, I like the effect that you can get with pencil (smudgy/smoldering) vs. a very defined line, so I thought this pencil might be the best of both worlds.

I purchased the Hematite color, which is an off-black with a hint of green sparkle to it that is very pretty for brown eyes. The color is dark enough that it defines the eyes, but has just enough brightness not to be another boring black liner.

It applies smoothly, without skipping or tugging. There is an angled brush at the other end of the pencil which can be used to smudge the line. The liner is smudgable like other pencils, but sort of "sets" without cracking or flaking, and it stays for a good 6 hours or so without smudging. I do get a bit of smudging on the lower lashline by the end of the day, but it lasts all day on my upper lashline.

This retails for $32 which is pretty pricey for a pencil, especially one that doesn't come with a sharpener, but at least it does have a useful brush at the end.

Overall, I would definitely repurchase.

P.S. As a note, I was told by the SA that this pencil is not to be used in the inner rim/waterline of the eye. Only kohl pencils should be used in that area. continued >>

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

These are awesome. I've tried a lot of eyeliners, these go on smooth, last all day without creasing, and are perfectly blendable with the high-quality angled brush at the end. It makes a nice line for winged liner in about 3 minutes or less, which is very convenient. No more mess with washing brushes every day, dabbing them into pots and hurry up and blend that liner before it dries crap. These definitely give the gel eyeliner smooth look with none of the hassle. Excellent product, I will never be without these. Bought in Jet & Hematite, I think I may prefer the Jet more; it's a very rich, deep, yet soft black.