Cle de Peau Teint Naturel Satine Silky Cream Foundation

Cle de Peau Teint Naturel Satine Silky Cream Foundation

4.5

on 3/15/2016 9:46:00 PM

Best foundation out there, and I've tried all kinds of foundations from Chanel, Chantecaille, Dior, Burberry, Armani, MAC, Bobbi Brown, Tom Ford, Dolce Gabbana...

It is dewy and covers everything without looking even slightly cakey. I am NC25 ish skin and the color O20 works perfectly for me. The only downside is cost, but honestly a small tube will last you a long time.

on 12/31/2015 1:25:00 PM

My skin is a combination skin with oily on the t-zone and dry elsewhere. This is my lazy-day foundation because I don't use any brush or sponge to use it. There's a time where I used this foundation everyday for about 2 weeks and my face didn't break out and it looks really nice everyday.
It's so easy and quick to use. First I use the Cle De Peau primer of the teint controle blanc and then I use this foundation. I just dap dots on my face and just blend it with my hands and it works just fine. I didn't even powder my face because the foundation is not making my skin oily. It's hydrating and yet it is not so dewy. I love this foundation for traveling as well because of the packaging that is a tube. Easy to carry and small enough to go through airport security. Love this foundation!

To Read all 17 Reviews, Login or Join

on 12/18/2015 4:56:00 AM

I think the price is just for shock value there is nothing in this to justify it. I bought this foundation but ended up returning it. The shades were a little off for me. This foundation is too much money to buy two and mix. I found the texture of this foundation very nice, but the overall look on my face I was not in love with. I have found other "high end" foundations I think give a nicer look. Maybe this comes back to not having a perfect shade in this line. (love the concealer though lasts forever and worth the money). For me for the cost of this product it could never be an everyday foundation but special occasion.. but even then I did not love this enough for that. ken gen do is better if I'm honest.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My skin is normal/dry but since moving to a desert-y climate its mostly on the dry side. I have some acne scarring, but have mostly faded it, and wanted a foundation to even out my skin tone without looking mask like. I use a damp beauty blender to apply this, and use about a 1/2 of the amount I typically use in previous foundations, it does last me longer than other foundations as a result. It is pretty pigmented and you can definitely obtain full coverage. My love for this foundation is mostly due to the fact that it acts like LM silk creme in terms of coverage, but LM emphasized every dry area on my face and was very mask like no matter how much I tried to sheer it out. Silky cream gives my complexion a healthy glow, evening my complexion out without looking like I'm wearing foundation. I'm about NW10 and have this is O10, which is the lightest of the available shades, although it is supposed to be neutral it does lean slightly warm. I do wish it was a tad lighter, but it's still workable. Although this is ridiculously expensive, I will continue to rebuy.

on 3/1/2015 5:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

To be fair here, I'm only on my sample packet of color B20. It was given to me last weekend at the Neiman Marcus counter in Chicago when I purchased the most coveted concealer. I LOVE IT SO MUCH that I was going to purchase it today, but couldn't score a parking space on the street. Every time I circled the block, I would miss an open spot by seconds-erg!!! So maybe that's my sign to use the other packet all next week. Just to be sure. My skin tone comes to life. The texture of my skin is extra smooth especially on my nose. Sometimes products will produce excess oil on my nose and make it look like orange peel texture. That is not a pleasant sight in the middle of my day. It wears all day flawlessly, I'm not a "touch up" kind of lady. I apply my makeup in the early a.m. and move on with my day. No time for fussing over myself all day.

I will follow up next week with my final verdict!!

UPDATE: 4/10/2015
My my my, how time flies! And so does my $$ out of my handbag. I will buy this. I do really, really think this is one excellent foundation that doesn't accentuate my yuk. AND I will add one of their primers to it while I'm at it.

on 8/25/2014 1:52:00 AM

I do love this foundation, it feels silky, gives full coverage and the best thing is that it doesn't feel heavy! beautiful glowy coverage - yes at first it does seem to sit on our skin but after around 5-10 minutes it melts into our skin and looks like a perfect second skin. Feels luxurious and never too thick- love it, and would definitely repurchase!

on 7/25/2014 11:54:00 AM

LOVE this foundation. I have dry, dehydrated skin and foundations just don't sit well on my skin, or they wear off rapidly.
This foundation is just beautiful. I wear O20 for NC25ish skin. I was worried that it was too peachy, but it works just fine (i am very golden/yellow). At first I felt the wear was heavy, but after a 15-20 mins the foundation settles onto the skin and just looks glowy and beautiful. The only con to this foundation is that I never feel that it dries down. It always feels dewy, and for me it defeats the purpose to put powder since that makes me look dry again.
I have used the cream foundation as well which i love, and which works in the summer when i use a heavy moisturiser first, and it completely dries down and also looks perfect (but definitely be careful if you're dry).
I have tried almost every higher end foundation under the sun and this one is a true HG. I always fall back on it. Highly recommend. I hope it's not true about the formula changing...

on 6/23/2014 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Coarse

I do use the Silky Cream foundation in 110 but am one of the people who much preferred the version that came in a jar. However, due to my colouring, and despite trying every other possible foundation out there, I finally gave in and bought the I10 in its current formulation.

Note though that I need to use a lot more of it than I did the product in the jar.

However, imagine my horror to be told by 5 different reps at different stores in the U.S. last week that this foundation is going to be reformulated and that it was unknown at this time whether the new formulation would be similar to the previous version - or not. And whether it would come in I10. The stores were sold out in I10 (and in most shades) but one store managed to find 2 in another part of the state and had it sent overnight to NY so that I could buy it and add it to my supplies. I live in Canada - and did try and phone my Cle rep - but of course I reached the answering machine for the store and gave up. If I hadn't purchased the two tubes that were brought in someone else would have and I did not want to take the chance of running out.

I have since spoken with my Toronto beauty advisor who has not been made aware of any changes to the current formulation. The fluid foundation - definitely. However, when several different counter advisors in NY all told me the same story - about this foundation and other products, I felt I had better listen. My Toronto beauty advisor is now contacting her Cle rep. Murphy's Law being what it is, I might well prefer the newer version - but then maybe not. And I have found that many of Cle's products are being reformulated to be more suitable to a younger skin than mine - or at least to skins not as naturally dry as mine.

So those of you who have skin/colouring/acid issues and need this foundation, now might be the time to start a search.

on 4/8/2014 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Expensive, but worth every penny.

I'm a MAC C2 (slightly yellower than NC25) and I use BF20. O20 would also work but is a tad darker and is not as yellow, which provides a more natural look, but I do prefer the clean look with BF20. This foundation provides excellent coverage, a nice sheen finish but not oily, and lasts really well for me. My skin is on the drier side but can be slightly oily in the T zone.

In a word, I love this foundation except for the price tag. But I will repurchase anyway.

The other foundation I love is Tom Ford traceless foundation stick, which I have in Natural. These two are currently my HG.

on 4/3/2013 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I wanted to love this after hearing about how great it is. I'm super fair and I10 was the closest match, but it has too much yellow in it for me. It has decent coverage but I didn't see anything incredible-- not enough to warrant the $120 cost, anyway. I mainly need foundation to even out the redness in my face, and this formula didn't reduce redness much. Koh Gen Do foundations have worked well for me, have lighter shades and are half the price, so I'll likely stick with those. I think if you don't have redness and just need the skin tone evened, this will work for you... but not if you're super fair or dark.