Algenist Regenerative Anti-Aging Moisturizer

Algenist Regenerative Anti-Aging Moisturizer

3.3

Water/Eau (Aqua), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Pentylene Glycol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Sorbitan Stearate, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, DI-C12-15 Alkyl Fumarate, Algae Exopolysaccharides, Malus Domestica Fruit (Apple) Cell Culture Extract, Bambusa Vulgaris (Bamboo) Leaf/Stem Extract, Tetrapeptide-21, Pisum Sativum (Pea) Extract, Enantia Chlorantha Bark Extract, Alaria Esculenta Extract, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Biotin, Glucosamine HCL, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Ergothioneine, Oleanolic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Stearic Acid, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Lecithin, Mannitol, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Disodium EDTA, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Aminomethyl Propanol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol.

on 10/31/2015 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got this product as part of a sun safe set from Sephora. First of all, I gotta say that this product have a really strong and off-putting smell. It does stay a bit on the skin but after a while it goes away so that's fine.

Also, there's something in my experience that differs from the reviews I've read below: On me, this cream is greasy and makes me shiny and doesn't sink it easily, and I have a dry sensitive skin so not even a oily one. It does sink in after a while, but it does take a long time. If I'm doing sports outside on a hot day, this will melt of my face and burn my eyes, so it's definitively not my first choice for a hot, humid and sweaty day.

With that said, it's moisturizing, it doesn't break me out and it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin.

All-in-all, that's an ok cream, not worth the price for me. Also, I don't know if the full size of this product is in a jar, but the sample size was and I HATE jar packaging so much I get angry when I see one lol. They are not hygienic, they do not keep the products stable and are simply a mess. I don't understand why business still makes those kind of thing.

on 6/20/2015 8:06:00 PM

My combo skin seems to love this stuff. I have absolutely no break outs from this. It also makes my skin feel smoother and softer. Love it. Hate the price.

To Read all 21 Reviews, Login or Join

I think this product is breaking me out a bit but I spent so much money I hate to waste it. I am beyond my return period and got it as part of a set. I like the eye cream but this moisturizer is not a great match for my skin. My skin feels great and I wake up looking refreshed until I see a little bump here or there. I am getting small pimples in places I NEVER breakout in and this was he only change I made to my regimen. Too bad. I was hoping for a great product especially at this price point.

on 4/18/2015 10:50:00 PM

I absolutely love this product. It's made my face so soft. I've been using it for over a year and it doesn't break me out. Love!

on 3/15/2015 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Cannot get past its horrible scent to trial product for any length of time.

on 9/3/2014 3:06:00 AM

I like this moisturizer. It does it's job without being greasy. And it absorbs into the skin. Not just sit on top of it like others do. My face feels nice after using it at night. The complaints I have are 1. I do not like the smell. It's not horrible but I just don't care for it. 2. I wish they'd put it in a pump. Even though I wash my hands before using, I still feel that it's unsanitary. 3. The price is a little high but it's the best thing I've found that works for me. If they'd put it in a pump bottle I'd buy it again.

Broke me out badly...,I tried the regular and the spf 20. I couldn't trust if they both gave me lil pimples or if it was just one over the other. Too bad cause I liked the product, but for 90$ I would be a mess if I kept using this. Got great samples at sephora, used this product for 10 days. Might be the "Algae" sea product in the ingredients that did it, idk. This is a highly acne causing ingredient. Most sea extract stuff breaks out skin.

on 5/13/2013 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This was marketed to me as something that would calm down, and moisturize my skin (even though t was an anti-aging product). I have oily, acne-prone skin, so I don't know what I was thinking when I purchased this. But I thought, hey, this person sees my face right now, plus I told her what I was looking for. She definitely knows what she's talking about. Too bad for me, I guess. Bottom line, didn't work at all for what the representative at Sephora told me.

on 5/2/2013 7:50:00 PM

I received a sample of the Overnight Restorative Cream if rom Sephora which I loved. I bought the full Algenist line thinking I was set and I will love them. Unfortunately, I did not love the Regenerative Anti-Aging Moisturizer with SPF20. It did not love me back as well. In fact, it gave me a really really bad thrashing reaction on my neck, only used on my neck to try out. My neck looks like a cat went psycho on me and scratched it like a scratching post. I returned everything I bought from the line, fearing for my poor skin.

on 3/28/2013 9:22:00 AM

Excellent product. I absolutely love this. I have been trying out different Algenist products via gwp's and samples for the past year now. For some reason there have been loads of Algenist freebies in circulation from Sephora, Birchbox, etc. Well, aside from the cleanser (which I haven't made up my mind about yet) I can say the Regenerative Anti-Aging Moisturizer is their only product that I would pay full price for.

What sets this moisturizer apart (for me) is that there is a visible difference when I use it vs. when I don't. This moisturizer makes my skin glow. I look healthy, rested, and younger. Honestly, younger!

I put this product up there with Creme de la Mer, but unlike La Mer the texture is somewhat lightweight and so much easier to deal with. I think this is the stand-out of the whole Algenist line and I do plan to repurchase.