NYX Professional Makeup Butt Naked Eyes

NYX Professional Makeup Butt Naked Eyes

3.7

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

In order of worst to best:

Eyeshadows: there is every single neutral colour you will ever need in this palette, too bad they're all unusable since there is next to no pigmentation. Even the black only shows up as a pale grey!

Illuminators: visible, but still if you like blinding highlighters these aren't for you. They would even be hard to use for daytime natural looks because of how powdery and glittery they are.

Blushes: the true stand out products. All four were incredibly pigmented, you get two shimmer and two mattes, and all managed to still look very pretty and flattering even though they seem very bright. My complexion is neutral-cool and even the coral looked gorgeous. Unfortunately I can't find the official shades that were used.

Thankfully I was able to get this 50% off, and $13 for 4 blushes is still a good deal. If I had paid full price I would have been more upset. I ended up depotting the blushes and throwing the rest of the palette out as I felt the shadows and highlighters performed too poorly to give away

on 6/16/2016 12:46:00 AM

You know how you buy a palette and only use one or two colours??? Guess what? This isn't one of them!!!!! I cannot believe I got lucky with this. I found it on special in Target and thought it might make a good addition to the travel kit I was compiling. It is now an everyday staple for me. I use the blush, bronzer and highlighter along with several of the eyeshadow shades. The gaudier shades of blush are a bit yuck, but overall this is a really, really useful palette. I have already hit pan on one of the shades and I am really hoping I will be able to find another palette when I am finished with this one.

on 11/27/2015 1:07:00 AM

This is my favourite makeup purchase of the year. Went back and bought a second for backup. Such a great value...I actually bought this initially thinking it was just an eyeshadow palette...wasn't even aware it also contained blushes and highlighters...booyah! I love NYX but usually end up hating their eyeshadow palettes because they never seem to be pigmented-but this one is. Very soft powder though...turns creamy on me by the end of the day. I love the second shadow in the second row so much I probably would've bought it for that color alone. Blushes are great. Very convenient. Yay

on 1/29/2015 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I loved this product for everyday easy to apply before going to uni and makes me look more awake around the eyes and not half asleep the colour's are perfect
it last all day and has full coverage even without applying a primer beforehand.
its has a nice texture and isnt to heavy on the eye.

on 11/20/2014 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Is this a terrible palette? Not at all. Would i consider this an HG palette i would repurchase over and over again, ehhhh not so much either. It does the job forsure, it has some really nice smooth silky colours, i'm a huge fan of the Nyx blushes so that was a huge plus for me. The bronzers and highlights are gorgeous too, but the eyeshadows were such a let down, the colours to me werent "naked" they were ashy colours, i gave it a shot anyways because dont get me wrong i LOVE the colour selection but i wouldnt classify this under "naked." I havent used this without a primer but i use it with my Urban Decay primer and i use the Nyx eyelid base in skintone and i have no issues with fallout/creasing/fading. The price for this palette was not so great, i think i paid around $34.00 canadian, and YES you get alot of stuff with it but it again, the eyeshadows themselfs arnt super strong or buildable.

All-in-all i have to say i dont love this or hate this, i probably wont be running to the store to get another one anytime soon.

on 5/28/2014 11:53:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a hit or miss product for me. I was SO excited to get it from hautelook because at that time, I had not tried anything from NYX. I think this palette would be great for beginners because it includes so much, for a great price. You get 15 eye shadows, 4 blushes, a bronzer, and 2 highlight shades. The quality of the shadows themselves are okay. Some of them can be e a little bit powdery, but they are easy to work with and blend. The pigmentation is also pretty good, but not on par with higher end palettes. I enjoy having this palette in my collection because I like the shade range it offers, but it is definitely not one of my favourites, or the best quality I own. The blushes are highly pigmented, as well as the bronzer so that is a plus!

Here is a video showing me using this palette in a "get ready with me" type of video, hope you enjoy!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This used to be my Holy Grail product before I moved onto the infamous Urban Decay Naked palettes that this NYX kit is mimicking. I'm normally a big fan of NYX products but my love of this has faded to indifference the more I compare it to something like Naked 2.

The eyeshadows: The pigmentation varies really. Even with good quality brushes I find quite a lot of the shadows hard to apply. I think this is the same with a lot of NYX palettes, but I would wholly recommend their singular eyeshadows which are super good quality, smooth and often very pigmented (again, depends on the shadow). Generally speaking, I only really use the darker colours for filling in my eyebrows as it saves on the need to buy a new palette for that. I would actually recommend the palette for eyebrows rather than for eyelids - I have the perfect match for my eyebrows in the darkest brown of the Butt Naked palette! Good selection of shimmers/mattes.

The blushes/bronzer/highlighters: Unlike the eyeshadows, the lower shelf actually seems a lot higher quality. I use the dark rose for my everyday blush mixed in with the sparkling bronze highlight.

Packaging: I really like the packaging with the mirror and two shelves, very convenient for quick makeup touches. Unfortunately, my palette did not survive for long and now I have three separate parts! It ain't the toughest packaging out there but it was cute while it lasted.

Price: Got Butt Naked for $24.99 at Ulta - not bad for 15 eyeshadows, 4 blushes, a highlighter, and two bronzers (one matte and one shimmery highlighter hybrid) from the reputable NYX!

Overall: Butt Naked is a good basic palette for someone who doesn't want to shell out for the Urban Decay model as it still has a good selection of mattes/shimmers and is pretty versatile. The eyeshadows just aren't as good quality as I was expecting from my favourite brand!

Overall I really like this palette <3. I would give this palette an extra star if the shadows weren't so breakable. I am careful with my makeup, always. And the box it comes in as well as a few shadows broke pretty easily :( They aren't long-lasting at all, either. Oh well though... For the price this is great, and the colors are BEYOND amazing. I love the greys, browns, taupes that are included. PLUS all the highlighters and blushes are really pretty. I approve :) This is a palette you can really have a lot of fun with. Blends easy. So beautiful. Thanks NYX. <3

on 12/17/2013 8:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was excited to try this product because the the shades are so pretty. Unfortunately, they are not near pigmented enough and barely show up. I usually love NYX products but I had to return this one.

Everyone raves over how well NYX products are, I feel this one fell short. It's not highly pigmented. I have other products by NYX that are great but this one just disappointed me.