Victoria's Secret triple drama mascara

No Image

4.3

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I've tried so many mascaras, ranging from inexpensive ($5CAD) to what I would call expensive ($35CAD). This one is somewhere in the middle at $18 or so. I have tried all of the VS mascaras and this is my second favourite. I love how it creates thicker and longer lashes and really curls my lashes (that's probably my favourite feature, as it makes my lashes more dramatic) but when I put even the slightest amount on my lower lashes (I have fair lashes) as the day wears on, I find that it smudges a bit and leaves a dark smudge under my eye. Without any type of exertion that might be expected to cause some smudging. The brush has an interesting wavy twirl pattern to it which I generally like. Occasionally I find that too much mascara is on the brush and it can lead to too much mascara being applied at one time. I solve this problem by wiping the brush clear of mascara and then inserting it in the tube again and that solves the problem. Overall, it is a great mascara for me: dramatic, well-defined lashes that have a great curl to them (normally quite straight lashes) with very minimal clumping. Only con is the slight smudging.

on 4/28/2012 3:03:00 AM

I bought this with my Rewards certificate. There's no way I would've paid $14.50 for a mascara otherwise.

PROS
~Doesn't smudge/run (unless you're swimming of course)
~Doesn't flake
~Can build up volume
~Didn't cause lash fallout for me (a lot of mascaras do)

CONS
~Expensive!!!
~Iffy brush...can create clumpy lashes

I went through about a dozen mascaras this year and I have to say, I'm finally satisfied. The only drawbacks for me are the brush and the price. I would only buy it again if it went on sale. I make do with the brush by allowing my first layer to dry before applying the second one.

on 12/15/2011 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

It was pretty good but nothing too special it was a little pricey. Good on volume, adds a little curl not too much length. It is nearly impossible to find both in a mascara. It seemed to dry out quickly.

Popular Mascaras