TheBalm Nude 'tude Eyeshadow Palette

4.2

on 6/24/2018 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Bought this and 2 other Nude palettes last summer during an online sale via The Balm. Love The Balm products for their pigmentation and longevity and blendibility. A neutral leaning cool palette, 6:6 ratio of metallic to matte formulas. Buttery soft and well pigmented. Typical The Balm packaging, sturdy cardboard with kitschy graphics, generous mirror and a mini dbl sided eye brush ( which I’ve nvr used). Great for travel if you like the shadow colours. There are 12 sm shadow pans which I have yet to hit the bottom on any of the 3 palettes I own. Each shadow name starts with an ‘S’ after some nice and some not so nice attributes. My fav shadows are the shimmery metallic shades Sassy, Snobby, Stubborn, Stand-offish, and Selfish. Gorgeous high sheen shadows, make for some awesome eyelid highlight looks. The matte colours can be patchy on application but not terribly as you’ll need to give a lil more work and I would recommend a shadow primer. Serious is the darkest colour in this group (deep charcoal black matte) can be quite patchy but needs lil work, adds great definition to some eye looks. Overall I like this palette, although I should disclose I tend to use the metallic shades more than the matte colours in this group.

on 12/22/2017 6:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Best eye palette on the market, it has matte most black eyeshadow I have ever used, matte brown, a transition shade and lots of beautiful shimmery colors. I wouldnt buy it again only cuz I get sick of using same eyeshadows. In my opinion, It is a bit pricey according to its weight but I buy it on some holiday sale. My only critism is that it has 2 shimmery pinks, they look different on the pan but exactly same on the eyes. But overall, I highly recommend.

on 12/8/2017 3:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

The packaging is super cute as with all of thebalm’s product. I generally really like thebalm’s products especially their face products like blush, bronzers, highlighters but with the shadows and this palette, I am just so frustrated with it. Just the colour selection itself, I’m a little peeved that there isn’t a lighter matte shade to put down as a base, but i’m quite happy with the warm-neutral shade range. The metallics and shimmer shades are extremely beautiful but I am however very disappointed that the wear time of the matte shades, they just fade so quickly - even the darker shades. Luckily, out of 12 shades, only 4 of them are mattes and at least the metallics and shimmers are decent. I’m knocking one point off for the tragic wear time of the matte shades, and another point for the ridiculously tiny pans (this palette is not cheap at all at where I am from).

on 4/3/2017 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

The shadow formula is very nice. Mattes and shimmers are pigmented and blend out nicely. I just find myself struggling to create full looks with this color selection. I only grab for this to use certain shades but need other palettes/ shadows to really make it work. I wish they switched out one or two of the brown shimmer shades for lighter transition colors.

on 3/12/2017 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

My actual rating for this palette is 3.5 but I decided to be brutal and go for 3 stars, mostly because I think the amount of product you get for £30 just isn't worth the money. The pans in this palette are really small. As for the actual eyeshadows... I like the colour scheme a lot, as you can see this is definitely a nude palette, with a few subtle pops of colour, which is a colour scheme I really love in an eyeshadow palette. The shades are:
Sassy - white shimmer that works beautifully as an inner corner highlight!
Snobby - yellow gold shimmer. I haven't used this on my eyes yet as I prefer true golds but it is still a pretty shade when swatched.
Stubborn - pink shimmer, really pretty!
Stand-offish - like Stubborn, but lighter and more shimmery. Also really pretty.
Selfish - silvery shimmer, a really gorgeous colour.
Sultry - one of the 4 totally matte shadows in this palette, a nice medium brown shade.
Sophisticated - dark brown with subtle shimmer.
Seductive - really nice bronze shimmer shade.
Sexy - a purpley-burgundy shade, imo, really lovely colour! Another matte.
Silly - a dark brown with random specks of gold (I think?) shimmer. Barely any pigment to this shadow. I hate it.
Serious - matte black.
Sleek - matte dark brown.
I actually like every shade in this palette, apart from Silly. My faves are probably Sassy, Selfish and Sexy, but I really like the pinks and the browns/bronzes in the palette too. The pigmentation is really good and the shadows are pretty easy to blend too. The packaging is also cool.
I may upgrade my rating to 4 in the future when I've played around with the palette a bit more! I said I'd repurchase but probably only if it was on sale. Overall, a really nice palette let down by the tiny pans and the terrible pigmentation of Silly.

on 2/21/2017 8:30:00 PM

I don't get the hype around this at all. The packaging is super cute, I'll give it that, but the shadows themselves (you know, the reason we actually buy the product) were lacklustre to me.

Firstly, they're very small, I'm terrified of touching them because I'm just waiting to hit pan. For the price I was sort of expecting more, and the reviews I saw didn't really but it in perspective.

The shades themselves look pretty in the pan but only a couple translate that we'll onto the skin. They are somewhat buildable but I don't really want to use 6 layers to get a decent payoff (this is with primer). Sassy especially seemed very lacking in pigment, and I reach for my elizabeth arden over it every time.

The two shades I did like are standoff-ish and Sexy. Both came up well with one layer and look great on.

I will say the shadows themselves all feel quality, they aren't chalky or messy, but this doesn't make up for all the downsides I see. I'd be wary of you plan on getting this, definitely go and check it out before you buy. It's been banished to the back of my vanity and I don't know when it's next appearance will be.

on 1/22/2017 6:35:00 AM

This palette is not worth the full price nor half price. The size of each eyeshadow is small and the majority of the eyeshadows are soft/powdery so a brush kicks up a lot of product. I threw away Sassy, Snobby, and Silly as they performed the worst and depotted the rest. Even though Stubborn and Stand-offish swatch nicely, they are powdery and the colors do not show up like in the pan. The buttery shimmery shades are so soft that they crease and look greasy after several hours. The rest swatched fine but after some blending, the colors just fade away and do not last long.

on 12/29/2016 8:44:00 PM

Nice colors, I really enjoy playing around with eye shadow. So, I enjoy trying all kinds. I love the names for all The Balm products. I guess that's my favorite part about them, the names and the packaging. I used these shadows probably under 10 times and one of the colors I dipped into with a brush was already at the bottom where it's silver. I have lots of eye shadows and they usually last me years mostly because I only wear eye shadow on the weekends. So when this shadow was already at the bottom I knew this is a no go for me. I would never purchase it again just because it ran out so quickly. Of course it the main blending color so basically once that's gone I really won't use this pack anymore. Total bummer cause I really enjoy how catchy there brand is. I wouldn't waste my money on this again. Half the colors are really pretty on and some just don't really show up at all.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I bought this palette about 3 years ago, for a year and a half I was using it multiple times a week then I rotated it out and something else in but not because I didn't like it anymore, if anything I liked it too much and was always using the same shadows and getting a similar look. It's a excellent go to for the looks I like..."workplace friendly", brown smokey eyes, that kind of thing. I've taken this on trips multiple times and it's perfect for that as you have tons of eyeshadow combos to choose from. The fallout isn't the worst but it's there with some shades, that's my only complaint. Shadow fallout annoys me a lot in general but I still really like this palette and would recommend it.

Pigmented, blendable, all the basic colours you would ever need! Great for everyday use.

Popular Palettes