TheBalm Nude 'tude Eyeshadow Palette

4.2

on 7/18/2016 3:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I love most products I own by theBalm, but the Nude 'tude palette is for sure a winner. The packaging is really one of a kind; not like anything else you see in many other makeup brands. It's super old school and unique, and paints a sexy and strong image of women. The formula for all the shade are super pigmented, even the more shimmery shades.
The only reason this product doesn't receive 5 stars is because I'm a girl that lives for mattes, and there's sadly only four in the whole palette. However I must be truthful and say that my favourite shade is 'Silly', it's a beautiful chocolate brown that looks like its been infused with gold specks of glitter - ABSOLUTELT STUNNING! I also tend to lean more towards warmer and darker colours, which there isn't a whole lot of in this palette.
Although, the colour pay off is just flawless for a brand that is a little cheaper in comparison to high end ones. Would definitely recommend!

on 6/27/2016 8:13:00 PM

I was very impressed with this palette and with theBlam in general. They make great eye shadows. They shadows in this palette are very pigmented and velvety smooth. They blend beautifully. The shadows are small but none of these palettes are limited edition and if you did by some miracle end up using this whole palette, you can buy another one. They are always on sale for 1/2 price on overstock.com or hautelook.com will have them cheap every few months. I really love the color selection in this palette. There is a good mix of shimmer and matte shades. Their shimmer shades are stunning. All the colors are in neutral brown shades with some shimmery creams and taupes. If you are pale, taupe is very flattering. I am pale and use this palette all the time. I prefer this palette to the naked palettes by urban decay. I find them to be more blendable and softer in texture so it's easier for me to work with. I really love this palette.

To Read all 119 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/24/2016 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is a lovely eye shadow palette. The shadows are pigmented, creamy and blend well. I've dropped marks for a number of reasons: 1. The palette is a normal size but the pan sizes inside are tiny. 2. There are no matte eyeshadows in this therefore you need to use other palettes for transition shades. If you're looking for a total shimmer palette then this is for you but I wouldn't repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Have always loved the packaging from the balm. Formula is also good. But its pretty pricey in my opinion

on 6/8/2016 3:14:00 AM

The Balm Nude 'Tude.

This cheeky product ended up making it's way into my make up bag during a bored-3pm-itis-online-shopping-break at work. I had heard good things about this brand, and seeing as it was on special on Catch Of the Day I thought I would give it a try. My hopes were high due to the good reviews.
And you can't hate on a product that has cartoon people on it.

Hear me when I say, this product is one for everyone - young, old, vampy or classic you name it! The palette's colours range from the very very dark to the (highlighter-like) very very light. There truly is something for everybody. They also have cool names such as 'Sultry' and 'Stand Off-ish'. Both of which describe me pretty well.

The colours blend perfectly and compliment one another. I recommend not using the brush that comes with the palette and instead use a proper long make up eye shadow brush. The colours are suitable for both day time and night time. I personally wear Sultry/selfish/standoffish during the day and Sophisticated/selfish or Seductive/Silly/ for night time.

All of the colours are very pigmented and awesomely awesome at first. Note: AT FIRST. Maybe the first hour or 2. Then unfortunately throughout the day it slowly fades into a smear of colour that isn't really noticeable anymore if you are wearing the lighter colours. Close up you can still see a fair sparkly shine but the lovely pigmentation that was previously there now disappears. This could also be due to my oily-as eye lids. They are pretty gross sometimes.

I took off 1 star due to Nude 'Tude being on the pricey side but I feel like variety, lovely colours, sassy packaging and colour names make up for it :) All in all I would purchase this fun product again.

on 3/25/2016 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

the colors are perfect and very pigmented. they blend like a dream and last all day. you can get multiple looks with this versitle palette. worth every penny

That is a lovely palette! There is a highlighter shade, a golden one, too pink shades, some more unique for mid tones as a bronzer shade, a taupe one and a grayish one, also a matte warm brown great for the brow bone. For the darker shades that is an incredible matte warmer wine color, a shimmery burgundy, a matte dark brow and a matte black. The pigmentation is amazing. I highly recommend it if you a neutral lover and want something different.

on 2/1/2016 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I had very high hopes for this palette as it got an A on Temptalia's website even though I take that with a pinch of salt as not everything works for everyone. But the packaging was so cute and I was really hoping it would become my everyday palette as it's such good value for the money and i managed to get a discount on it as well. Also I heard good things about shadows from the balm, some people saying that they are better than Mac so my expectations were pretty high.

For my first look I used sassy, stubborn, sultry and sexy for a plum daytime smoky eye. I used these shades over Too Faced primer. I used Sultry as my base crease colour blended into the crease, then Sexy as my outer corner colour which again I blended into the outer corner and into the crease. I used stubborn all over the lid and then sassy into the inner corner.

First impression was that my favourite colour Sexy (the plum one) was quite chalky when applied and had quite a bit of fallout. Also it was pretty hard to blend and the application was very messy and it was hard to tidy it up. Also on my cool toned pale skin it looks more purple rather than plum. Sultry was quite creamy and did an ok job though. I found that Stubborn emphasized any uneven bits of skin and creases on my eyelids (even though I'm only 20 so i'm not supposed to have this problem with eyeshadow!!) and it was a bit too shimmery for my taste even though it was supposed to be a satiny colour.

After around 5 hours with primer I checked how the eyeshadows fared. The brown faded completely. The two shimmery colours on my eyelids faded unevenly and emphasized any creases or unevenness in my eyelids (like i mentioned before even though I'm 20 so my eyelids are pretty smooth). The plummy one, Sexy again faded very unevenly and looked really chalky on. The shade didn't even look plum like in the pan, more like a faded purple. After the 5 hours it faded almost completely and was only left with a bit of plum in the crease.

Overall, I was really disappointed with these shadows. I can get better looks from my wet n wild shadows and they don't even compare to my Mac ones which are far superior (even though I use the classic fail safe Mac shadows, Woodwinked, Satin Taupe, Quarry and Cork).

But I am looking forward to using selfish, sophisticated, seductive and sleek to see how they fare and come back with an updated review.

So far I wasn't impressed with these 4 but i will try to make Sexy (the plummy colour) work as I really like the shade (though it would be much easier for me to just get quarry and satin taupe by mac for a very similar look which would be much easier to do as well).

Edit: Tried the other shades as well and they all seem to turn into the same chalky, muddy mess on me and the darker ones will turn the same dusty dark grey shade. They are very hard to blend and apply very patchy making it hard to get them to look even. They are also very very dusty and this causes a lot of fall out. This to me is not worth the mid-end price tag as drugstore priced shadows like wet n wild are 1000 times better in terms of application and pigmentation. It's almost impossible to get a nice make-up look with it and it takes a lot of work and time to make it work. Definitely not something you can grab and apply in the morning. To me it's definitely not worth the hassle. I'm only giving it 2 stars because some colours are really nice and if you are good with make-up you might be able to make it work, but if you are at beginners level and are looking for something easy to work with I'd say you should stay away from it as it is has some of the worst eye shadows I've ever tried.

Later Edit: I've tried using this palette for the past 2 weeks or so and the problem with it is that when you try to blend the eyeshadow they lose their original colours and start looking really muddy. It took me around 20 minutes this morning to achieve a decent look using this palette which normally takes under 5 minutes using Mac or even Wet n Wild eyeshadows. IMO just not my cup of tea.....

on 1/29/2016 10:53:00 PM

The packaging on this eyeshadow palette is very cute. The eyeshadow colors are great too! I used this religiously for a while back when I wore eyeshadows every day. The colors are very buttery and pigmented.

on 12/25/2015 6:51:00 PM

I got this as a present a few months back and it literally became one of my staple eyeshadow palettes! It glides on really smoothly, has really awesome staying power, and is blendable as well as buildable. The colors are great for neutrals and this pallete has a lot of shimmer and just a few mattes. The shimmers are not over the top, its more like a sheer silky glow instead of glitter glam sort of look, so for those who like dramatic eye makeup may not love this palette. I wish they had more mattes though, but nevertheless really great palette and substitute to the naked!

Video Reviews & Tutorials