TheBalm Nude 'tude Eyeshadow Palette

TheBalm Nude 'tude Eyeshadow Palette
Nude 'tude Eyeshadow PaletteNude 'tude Eyeshadow PaletteNude 'tude Eyeshadow PaletteNude 'tude Eyeshadow PaletteNude 'tude Eyeshadow Palette

4.2

on 2/21/2017 8:30:00 PM

I don't get the hype around this at all. The packaging is super cute, I'll give it that, but the shadows themselves (you know, the reason we actually buy the product) were lacklustre to me.

Firstly, they're very small, I'm terrified of touching them because I'm just waiting to hit pan. For the price I was sort of expecting more, and the reviews I saw didn't really but it in perspective.

The shades themselves look pretty in the pan but only a couple translate that we'll onto the skin. They are somewhat buildable but I don't really want to use 6 layers to get a decent payoff (this is with primer). Sassy especially seemed very lacking in pigment, and I reach for my elizabeth arden over it every time.

The two shades I did like are standoff-ish and Sexy. Both came up well with one layer and look great on.

I will say the shadows themselves all feel quality, they aren't chalky or messy, but this doesn't make up for all the downsides I see. I'd be wary of you plan on getting this, definitely go and check it out before you buy. It's been banished to the back of my vanity and I don't know when it's next appearance will be.

on 1/22/2017 6:35:00 AM

This palette is not worth the full price. The size of each eyeshadow is small and the majority of the eyeshadows are soft/powdery so a brush kicks up a lot of product. They were easy to depot into my unii palette. I threw away Sassy, Snobby, and Silly as they performed the worst. The rest swatched fine but after some blending, the colors just fade away and do not last long.

on 12/29/2016 8:44:00 PM

Nice colors, I really enjoy playing around with eye shadow. So, I enjoy trying all kinds. I love the names for all The Balm products. I guess that's my favorite part about them, the names and the packaging. I used these shadows probably under 10 times and one of the colors I dipped into with a brush was already at the bottom where it's silver. I have lots of eye shadows and they usually last me years mostly because I only wear eye shadow on the weekends. So when this shadow was already at the bottom I knew this is a no go for me. I would never purchase it again just because it ran out so quickly. Of course it the main blending color so basically once that's gone I really won't use this pack anymore. Total bummer cause I really enjoy how catchy there brand is. I wouldn't waste my money on this again. Half the colors are really pretty on and some just don't really show up at all.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I bought this palette about 3 years ago, for a year and a half I was using it multiple times a week then I rotated it out and something else in but not because I didn't like it anymore, if anything I liked it too much and was always using the same shadows and getting a similar look. It's a excellent go to for the looks I like..."workplace friendly", brown smokey eyes, that kind of thing. I've taken this on trips multiple times and it's perfect for that as you have tons of eyeshadow combos to choose from. The fallout isn't the worst but it's there with some shades, that's my only complaint. Shadow fallout annoys me a lot in general but I still really like this palette and would recommend it.

Pigmented, blendable, all the basic colours you would ever need! Great for everyday use.

on 11/1/2016 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This palette was okay. If it was one of the first palettes I bought, I probably would have really enjoyed it. I like neutral palettes so I was drawn to this one. It is really pigmented except for a few of the lighter shades. However, I found all the shadows to be dry and they didn't blend as well as I'd hoped. I really liked the swatches and reviews I had seen before buying this, but after using it a few times, I was uninspired. I think there are too many brown shades. A few more pink/purple shades would have benefited this palette more. The darker colors stayed on my eyes all day, but the lighter shades disappeared after a few hours. Overall, the palette was just "okay" for me and it wasn't much of an asset for my current collection. I think the color selection could have been a bit more curated.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Beautiful palette, a mix of mattes and shimmer. I couldn't believe how gorgeously pigmented this baby was, truely amazed. Love the colors and cute packaging.💖

on 8/20/2016 8:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I am so impressed by this palette. the colours are SO pigmented, they blend like a dream and stay forever. the colours of the shadows are absolutely gorgeous and are perfect for everyday wear or dramatic looks. these perform better than my Mac palettes and are such a great price for quality.

on 8/19/2016 4:25:00 PM

Obsessed!!!!! I bought this purely for the 'sexy' shade as I had seen a tutorial using that. Honestly best purchase of 2016. They are the most pigmented shadows I have ever used I can't understand why the balm aren't a more well known brand? The shades are lovely and come out true to the pan colour. Lasting power is insane, I've done dancing all night parties, fallen asleep and woken up with flawless eye makeup when using this. I've had this for about 8 months and have used every single day. I love every shade which is rare in a palette. Will definitely repurchase when I run out and can't wait to try the balm jovi palette too!

It was one of my first palettes, bought it back in 2011 when I started to experiment with eyeshadows and I used it almost exclusively for over a year. I hit pan on six shades- "sassy", "sexy", "sultry", "stand-offish", "sleek and "snobby". Those were my favorites.
It's a decent palette, the shadows are nicely pigmented, they blend well. It's sturdy, lightweight and travel-friendly. I really liked (still like AND use) is the brush that is included in this palette. Perfect for smudging eyeshadow along the lash line.
What I don't like in theBalm's eyeshadows is that they don't last on my eyelids at all, even with primer (and no, I don't have oily lids). For example Sleek or Too Faced eyeshadows last for a whole day, am to pm, theBalm ones fade after 5-6 hours, up to 6-7 with primer underneath. By the end of the day you cannot tell that I was wearing eyeshadows at all. That's why I stopped using this palette. What I want from my makeup is to stay- I don't have time for touch ups.