Clinique Moisture Surge Intense

Clinique Moisture Surge Intense

Water/Aqua/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Squalane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, PEG-/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Ahnfeltia Concinna Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Extract, Caffeine, Whey Protein/Lactis Protein/Protéine du Petit-Lait, Cholesterol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Petrolatum, PEG-150, Sucrose, Pyridoxine Dipalmitate, Linoleic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Citric Acid, Polysilicone-11, Propylene Carbonate, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, PEG-8, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Bran Extract, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Palmitoyl Hexapeptide12, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Hexametaphosphate, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol (ILN41257)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Ever since I became pregnant with my first child last year, my body decided to completely dry out - skin, hair, everything. The only relief I could find came from nightly coconut oil slathering and it wasn't quite enough to quench my crazy skin's thirst. After having my daughter, my skin sadly hasn't bounced back, and if I don't use moisturizer three times a day, I break out and my skin hurts it's so dry.

The regular Clinique moisturizing lotion is usually enough, but it wasn't cutting it. Enter this amazing stuff from a gift bag my mom tossed my way. I tried it overnight and couldn't believe how soft and happy my skin was in the morning. It has a slight baby powdery scent, doesn't take much product to do the job, and soaks in quickly. Excited, I tried it in the mornings under makeup, and its improved my skin's surface issues tenfold!

I'm sure moisturizers work differently for every person, but this has been my miracle product. So happy to have found it!

on 6/17/2016 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Received this as part of a free gift from Clinique a few months ago. I have very oily skin, but suffer dry patches now & then from my retinol. Used this on a few of those patches and it was disaster. It didn't moisturize at all--it inflamed & dried the patches further, resulting in angry, red welts and flakey patches. I had dabbed some around my eye & my entire eye swelled up. Then the painful cystic acne exploded. Total nightmare! I found out later that this contains mineral oil, something my skin always responds violently to. I should have looked up the ingredients prior to using it, but I didn't bother doing that because I've used Clinique products on & off for almost 30 years and have NEVER had any type of negative reaction.
I gave it to my husband because he has dry skin & zero sensitivity to mineral oil. He used it once and he ended up with angry welts all over his face too! So, either I ended up with a tainted jar, or there is something in this formula that is potentially harmful to some people. Either way, I am steering clear of it and do not recommend this stuff to anyone.

To Read all 147 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/17/2016 9:42:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This moisturiser doesn't suit my skin type i.e. combo skin, but I can't blame the moisturiser for that. This is a cream for people with dry skin, which it also says on the jar. I received multiple 15 ml sample jars with a purchase, so that's the only reason I've tried it. I wouldn't have bought it myself.

I have used this at night over a serum and that works well. It moisturises my skin nicely so that it looks plump, but not greasy, in the morning. However, I have also tried using it during the day and that doesn't work at all. The cream doesn't seem to sink in properly and makes my combo skin extremely oily. My face looks like I've dipped it in oil. It also feels sticky and umcomfortable. On the plus side, it's well moisturised.

I will save the remaining sample jars for the cold winter months when my skin needs more moisture, but I will only use it at night.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This does not provide intense moisture. It is a light formula that is essentially a base of sililcones with wheat bran, aloe vera and chamomile extracts tossed into it. Also contains petorlatum, which is mineral oil. Really pricey for such a lackluster ingredient list.

on 1/29/2016 12:57:00 PM

I really wanted to love this moisturizer. I usually use the gel moisture surge, but due to the winter, my skin has become increasingly dry. I love my gel moisturizer, but it was not taking care of the full dryness of my skin.

Like the gel, a little does go a long way. A dime size or smaller is enough to cover your full face. However, it leaves my skin feeling tacky, not the dewy feeling I would get with the gel, but sticky/tacky/heavy even after a few hours.

It does definitely keep you moisturized for the day, but I cannot get over the feeling. I feel like it accentuates my pores, and makes me very shiny/dirty/oily.

I probably will not buy this again. I need to find a better alternative for moisturizer during the winter months (which in Florida is only 2 months at most).

on 1/4/2016 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have the 30ml version of this which comes in tube (yay). This is actually really moisturising that it's kinda sticky/oily so it does deliver as it claims. The only con I have to say, besides stickiness, is there's a chemical smell to it which is off-putting but the smell does disappear.

Update: Unfortunately it broke me out quite badly around my cheeks and side of my chin, I guess it was too heavy for my skin and the summer weather didn't help. I still think it would be a good option for dehydrating/dry skin.

on 12/3/2015 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I tried the sample of this from Clinique's counter. I use it right after my Clinique mild soap liquid cleanser, this moisturizer burns my face after a few minutes. My face looks like a combination of chili and tomato. It feels really uncomfortable for my face. But so far, I don't have any bad reaction to the cleanser, I love it. Just not this one. The extended relief is good though.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I have combo oily/aging skin and this did nothing to hydrate my skin. Immediately after application my skin looked dry and flat. The fragrance is very light and the texture is pretty nice but the overall result is not the greatest.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Actually this is not as moisturizing as I would like. You actually need to mix this with a real cream moisturizer to be effective. This is probably great for oily skin.

on 8/12/2015 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Me: combination skin, with mild rosacea
First I didn't like this moisturizer, it didn't sink in and on Hot days I literally sweat it Out.
But my opinion changed when the weather became more bearable.

Pro
Light formula
Not greasy
Great under my Cc cream
No irritations our itchy feeling
Slightly cooling

Cons
No spf and sorry I got a fair skin I need spf!
Sweats Out on Hot days

Will I buy it again?
That depends if I can find a more satisfying moisturizer