Clinique Moisture Surge Intense

Clinique Moisture Surge Intense

3.9

Water/Aqua/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Squalane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, PEG-/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Ahnfeltia Concinna Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Extract, Caffeine, Whey Protein/Lactis Protein/Protéine du Petit-Lait, Cholesterol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Petrolatum, PEG-150, Sucrose, Pyridoxine Dipalmitate, Linoleic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Citric Acid, Polysilicone-11, Propylene Carbonate, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, PEG-8, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Bran Extract, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Palmitoyl Hexapeptide12, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Hexametaphosphate, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol (ILN41257)

In the interest of full disclosure, I have REALLY dry skin. I use a rx retinol (cream-based) and live in one of the driest places on earth. With that all said, calling this 'intense' is laughable. It's not. It doesn't even remotely moisturize my skin for more than twenty or so minutes. It might be great for someone with normal skin, but it isn't adequate for truly dry skin.

on 8/8/2017 7:39:00 PM

I have combination and very sensitive fair skin, this is the only moisturizer that i always buy again and again. It's very soft and plumping. Erases dry patches instantly. Very hydrating cream. I really like clinique products, i also used estee lauder products but they gave me allergic reactions.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought this by accident, I thought it was regular Moisture Surge. So initially I didn't like it, I found it too heavy but this was during summer. Now winter is here and I'm blasting the heat which had made my skin dry AF and flaky even though I use pure jojoba oil. In desperation, I reached for this stuff and it's saved me. Totally protects my skin from the drying effects of central heating and low humidity. The packaging is a disaster though, it needs to be in a pump or squeeze tube, same applies to regular Moisture Surge.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is my absolute favorite moisturizer. It's heavier without actually feeling heavy and it primes my skin nicely for foundation. My skins feels so smooth after applying this. The only complaint I have is the packaging. I wish this was in a pump bottle or squeeze tube.

on 7/16/2017 10:45:00 AM

I just can't get over the smell. It has a really strong chemical smell (reminds me of an alcohol wipe). I kept wondering if my jar of cream had gone bad.

Creams in jars are always so troublesome. For the price, smell and inconvenient packaging, the cream was not miraculous enough to warrant a repurchase.

on 4/3/2017 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is an OK moisturizer. My skin felt hydrated and I liked the consistency. It has a strong chemical scent, which I don't like.

on 11/6/2016 12:46:00 AM

B llbmvzc

on 1/1/2017 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I tried a sample of Clinique Moisture Surge Intense while visiting a very dry, wintery climate. It seemed very hydrating under those conditions, so I bought a full size. After having used it more consistently, I find I have mixed, but mostly negative feelings about this product.

The Pros:
--one of the least irritating of department-store petrolatum-based night creams I have tried
--locks in moisture, especially if applied over other hydrating products
--fragrance free
--smooth, creamy texture spreads easily

The Cons:
--transparent jar packaging means antioxidants lose potency, and is not sanitary
--earthy, almost moldy, chemical smell reminiscent of acrylic paints
--not completely irritation-free, especially on sensitive areas of face
--never sinks into skin, stays sticky and thick

I have found the best use of Clinique Moisture Surge Intense is as a last step in my PM routine, after I've applied other active skincare products which are also slightly hydrating. I apply generously as a sort of sleeping mask to lock in moisture. However, now that the jar has been opened for some time, I am only really getting a ho-hum occlusive, and an expensive one at that. Sure, it can be de-potted to an air-free pump or tube, but frankly I don't find the product to be impressive enough to take this level of effort. Once this jar is gone, I will not repurchase.

on 11/16/2016 7:31:00 AM

I first discovered this magicaI moisturiser in a 'gift with purchase' bag that they do a few times a year (?), but didn't need the full-size version before I moved back to Europe after having lived in Australia for a couple of years. I have combination skin, so my skin changes 360 degrees from summer to winter. I would definitely not use this moisturiser in summer, but it's perfect for dry winter skin. It's on the pricier side, but you get a lot of product and one jar gets me through the winter as not much product is needed to moisturise the face and neck. It also serves as a nice base under heavier coverage foundations as the moisture lasts all day. What I don't like about it is the packaging, a jar, as you go through the product slowly and therefore it becomes a haven for bacteria before you've even managed to finish the whole jar. Other than that, the smell is almost non-existent which is nice and the product does an excellent job at doing what it's created for - quenching your skin!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i have very dry and flaky skin during the winter and this saved me!
This moisturizer has a gel-like texture, which I don't mind. The scent is quite strong, not perfume-like, since clinique is known for not using and unnecessary fragrance in their products, but more like a straight chemical scent.
The fact that this instantly gives moisture and a healthy glow during this cold harsh weather makes up for it though.