Clinique Moisture Surge Intense

Clinique Moisture Surge Intense

3.9

Water/Aqua/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Squalane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, PEG-/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Ahnfeltia Concinna Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Extract, Caffeine, Whey Protein/Lactis Protein/Protéine du Petit-Lait, Cholesterol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Petrolatum, PEG-150, Sucrose, Pyridoxine Dipalmitate, Linoleic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Citric Acid, Polysilicone-11, Propylene Carbonate, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, PEG-8, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Bran Extract, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Palmitoyl Hexapeptide12, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Hexametaphosphate, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol (ILN41257)

on 2/2/2018 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

So far, I have really been liking this. I have oily, acne-prone skin although I don't really know yet which specific ingredients break me out. So because of this, I'm always scared of trying new moisturizers. This feels really hydrating, and it lasts all night long. I don't wake up like an oil slick in the mornings, or with a tight feeling to my skin. It also works well for the mornings, prior to applying my sunscreen. I am up at ungodly hours for work, and wear this for about three wears before applying sunscreen. It is lightweight, and best of all, doesn't look super greasy. I feel like it's a bit pricey, but worth it for me.

on 1/22/2018 6:08:00 PM

I have very oily, breakout-prone skin so I was afraid of using this in the summer when I got a mini of it in a kit. I started using it every day/night when the weather got colder, and I bought the full-size because I love it. It does not break me out and leaves my skin feeling plumped and youthful. This has been the remedy for me when cold weather and the dry heated indoor air, along with daily prescription tretinoin, was making my skin feel tight and dehydrated.

I like to use it as the last step in the morning before sunscreen and then BB/CC cream. And I likewise love using it as the last step in the evening, after cleansing, moisturizing/prepping skin with Cerave PM, waiting a few minutes, applying & really working in my prescription tretinoin, waiting 20 or so min, then softly dabbing/applying this to lock everything in without rubbing or moving anything around.

It is fragrance-free, meaning Clinique has not added irritating fragrance to mask the normal scent of the ingredients. I have no problems with its scent at all -- it is slightly medicinal/herbal. I wish people could become more aware of how much better a product is for their skin if it does not contain fragrance.

I think it would be easier to use if it came in a tube, but I honestly think the Paula's Choice people exaggerate the terrible quality of jar packaging in general. This is a more elegant formulation of petrolatum-based cream that helps your skin from drying out; if you use just-washed hands to apply it and do not leave the jar open for hours or overnight, I can live with the packaging. I'll finish it in a few months and I'll be able to use every last drop.

on 12/25/2017 7:54:00 PM

They could charge 100$ a jar and I would still pay it. I keep coming back to this time and time again. I have fair dry sensitive skin that drinks this right up. I live in New England and this stuff is the key to getting through winter for me.

on 11/30/2017 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is my favorite moisturizer and I have combination/dry sensitive skin. The smell is similar to alcohol but I don’t find it offensive. It doesn’t irritate my sensitive skin but it does sting my eyes. It is very hydrating and I tend to like heavier feeling moisturizers. However, I do find that it takes quite a while to absorb. So for the first hour it feels like it’s just sitting in my face. But that feeling goes away eventually. I like that by the the end of the work day my skin doesn’t feel dry — feels normal. I don’t like that it’s in an unhygienic tub and I wish it were cheaper.

In the interest of full disclosure, I have REALLY dry skin. I use a rx retinol (cream-based) and live in one of the driest places on earth. With that all said, calling this 'intense' is laughable. It's not. It doesn't even remotely moisturize my skin for more than twenty or so minutes. It might be great for someone with normal skin, but it isn't adequate for truly dry skin.

on 8/8/2017 7:39:00 PM

I have combination and very sensitive fair skin, this is the only moisturizer that i always buy again and again. It's very soft and plumping. Erases dry patches instantly. Very hydrating cream. I really like clinique products, i also used estee lauder products but they gave me allergic reactions.

on 7/16/2017 10:45:00 AM

I just can't get over the smell. It has a really strong chemical smell (reminds me of an alcohol wipe). I kept wondering if my jar of cream had gone bad.

Creams in jars are always so troublesome. For the price, smell and inconvenient packaging, the cream was not miraculous enough to warrant a repurchase.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought this by accident, I thought it was regular Moisture Surge. So initially I didn't like it, I found it too heavy but this was during summer. Now winter is here and I'm blasting the heat which had made my skin dry AF and flaky even though I use pure jojoba oil. In desperation, I reached for this stuff and it's saved me. Totally protects my skin from the drying effects of central heating and low humidity. The packaging is a disaster though, it needs to be in a pump or squeeze tube, same applies to regular Moisture Surge.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is my absolute favorite moisturizer. It's heavier without actually feeling heavy and it primes my skin nicely for foundation. My skins feels so smooth after applying this. The only complaint I have is the packaging. I wish this was in a pump bottle or squeeze tube.

on 4/3/2017 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is an OK moisturizer. My skin felt hydrated and I liked the consistency. It has a strong chemical scent, which I don't like.