CLINIQUE Moisture Surge Intense Skin Fortifying Hydrator

CLINIQUE Moisture Surge Intense Skin Fortifying Hydrator

3.9

Water/Aqua/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Squalane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, PEG-/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Ahnfeltia Concinna Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Extract, Caffeine, Whey Protein/Lactis Protein/Protéine du Petit-Lait, Cholesterol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Petrolatum, PEG-150, Sucrose, Pyridoxine Dipalmitate, Linoleic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Citric Acid, Polysilicone-11, Propylene Carbonate, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, PEG-8, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Bran Extract, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Palmitoyl Hexapeptide12, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Hexametaphosphate, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol (ILN41257)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This product isn't the best, but I find myself repurchasing it as it does it's job, it looks pretty on my counter and it never breaks me out. It's good because it does exactly what it says it will, and very quickly hydrates your skin.

I like using this in between heavy moisturisers to give my skin space to breathe, yet not allowing it to get dry at all.

on 12/9/2018 4:00:00 PM

I bought this product because my face was dry after 1-2 weeks use I got cystic acne and many blackheads which is unusual for me, once I stopped using the product it cleared up. I did appear to hydrate some areas but, then areas around my nose started getting drier and flaky. It also made my foundation patchy even after waiting 15 mins for it to dry.
An expensive product and I sill have lots left! So I now just use it as an under eye cream at night. The packaging is cute though, and I like the glass container.

on 12/3/2018 11:05:00 PM

I got this in a deluxe sample size from a bonus & I gave it to my mother to use & I think she's enjoying using this in the winter Bc she has extremely dry skin especially during the cold winter seasons & this cream has a lot of silicones in it to moisturize her skin ! But I would not buy it for her Bc the jar packaging sucks! It's unsanitary & the good ingredients go bad inside it ! Clinique makes a lot of great creams but unfortunately they are in jars like the Paula b lady says! But since this was a add on free bonus it's fine to try but not buy ! LOL!

on 11/22/2018 4:59:00 AM

This is the affordable version of EL Revitalizing Supreme+ Global Anti-Aging Cell Power Crème. Both are launched in 2012.

Both are built on the same structure (using different raw-materials due to cost effective).

Both will provide excellent and lasting hydration with an elegant finish.

The Intense Skin Fortifying Hydrator is somewhat lighter in consistency yet hydrates perfectly leaving a dewy finish on the skin.
It is packed with some effective emollients and some actives, containing peptides that can be a favoured supplement for skin between 30 and 40.

It is an excellent product considering the good price point and the facts that it is fragrance- and colourant-free and can also be recommended for people with sensitive/eczema-prone skin.

While it feels a bit sticky at application, it is fully absorbed and leaves an elegant flattering finish with a perceptible hydration for several hours after application.

Water\Aqua\Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Squalane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Lauryl Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Ahnfeltia Concinna Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Extract, Caffeine, Whey Protein\Lactis Protein\Protéine Du Petit-Lait, Cholesterol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Petrolatum, Peg-150, Sucrose, Pyridoxine Dipalmitate, Linoleic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Citric Acid, Polysilicone-11, Propylene Carbonate, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Peg-8, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Bran Extract, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-12, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Hexametaphosphate, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol

on 9/23/2018 6:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I didn't realise how important the smell of the product is until I tried this one accidentally. I was in an airport and wanted some Clinique Moisture Surge but was in a hurry and bought this one accidentally.

First off I REALLY HATE the habit of the beauty industry's Russian Doll technique. You open a box and surprise! - the box contains a boxed in product that's about a third of the size of the outside box. You think I'd be used to it now but it still p***es me off. I do however like Clinique products and have used them for years.

I have normal to dry skin and like to use it on flights or at night as I really like the gel consistency. It's non greasy but it feels extra moisturising (I don't know if it IS but it disappears into my skin quickly and leaves it feeling very soft and comfortable).

But the SMELL . . .oh the smell. Like sniffing some PETROCHEMICAL FACTORY. Sort of sour and 'off'. Smell is our first and original sense. Babies can recognise their mothers within half an hour of birth by their smell. It's THAT important (sorry about the caps - but I'm making a POINT).

So good product, feels nice, overly packaged, slightly annoyed at the advertised size and the actual size but because of the AWFUL SMELL I will not be repurchasing.

on 8/27/2018 7:46:00 PM

Clinique Moisture Surge Intense Skin Fortifying Hydrator Gel-cream..i purchased this product as recommended by a Clinique sales person. I have a couple of Clinique products that I really like so I thought I would try this one. I applied Clinique Moisture Surge Intense Skin Fortifying Hydrator Gel-cream prior to bedtime. I awakened with swollen eyes and hive covered red burning skin. This product claims to be fragrance free and gentle!! I am so disappointed that I paid so much for a product that completely irritated my skin. I am now taking Benadryl and nursing my very sore face back to normal!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Cons :

Way too many silicones
greasy
I could feel this on my face
After a couple months of use was causing clogged pores
Just awful......

Update - this is good during the winter months, my skin seems to like it when it's cold plus makeup glides nicely over it, the silicones do still frustrate me but until I find something better I'll continue to use it...just for reference I have quite dry rosacea prone skin that can still get a bit oily in the afternoon (I blot once per day).

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My everyday moisturizer. Honestly, it's perfection!

on 5/31/2018 3:14:00 AM

This is the best moisturizer out there. In fact, if u search for the best face moisturizer list, this one will always be there.

I had tried so many brands until this one... I started using this moisturizer in 2014 and I have been buying it since then. The gel texture is so light yet so powerful in keeping ur skin moist, soft, and most importantly, doesn’t leave ur skin greasy or heavy at all. I use this only to work because it’s quite pricey. After 1 and a half year of using this day and night, I tried L’occitane shea butter and found very ok to use at night. So I can save much more than using only Clinique. During winter, you just need to put it a little more to stay hydrated all day.

And lastly, cosmetic brands r different. I might be ok with this Clinique but not ok with others and the same applies to you all. What I wanna say is you should try first and see if a certain product is suitable for your skin. With this moisturizer, I have no breakout, no allergy or redness at all. 5 star out of 5.

on 4/15/2018 8:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really like this product. I've used up three jars and I find myself buying it over and over again. My skin is really sensitive and dry, and I live in such a cold and windy place (during the winter), of which my Irish skin is not a fan.

It makes my skin feel nice and soft, and not at all textured. It doesn't leave my skin feeling sticky as most day creams do. The only negative I have to say about this product is that it doesn't really feel like it lasts on my skin. Or it doesn't really protect from outer damage. I need to re-apply during the day.

Ok another con: the packaging. I don't mind the glass jar, but it is damn slippery and I've dropped it lid-less several times. The horror :(