Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free Lotion

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free Lotion

2.7

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Initially I was hoping that this would help to hydrate my face while controlling my oily skin, as the lady in the store told me. This product made my face burn, especially around my nose. After around half an hour after use, my skin was even oilier than before (ironically), and very red & irritated. I had to cleanse my face all over again and use my normal moisturizer with a layer of acne cream over top to prevent it from breaking out the next day, however it still did. I would not recommend this to anyone.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

My regular moisturiser has been discontinued and I am looking for a new one.

I got a sample of this lotion. It seemed sticky when I put it on but soon soaked in. I have acne-prone skin and could feel the next morning that my skin was reacting badly and later that day a rash of spots appeared.

To Read all 19 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/8/2015 4:39:00 AM

I've only tried a sample. I've used it twice and it isn't what the brand speaks of it. It's not that good. When I asked the sales person about the alcohol in it, she said it was to prevent the product from going bad. Well.. It stings when applying and it's like a thick paste. It's leaves me skin dealing sticky and I have more excess oil when using this. No - you do not have to buy all the products in your skincare routine from 1 brand. You can mix and match.

Just tried a sample - ouch. Burned upon application, left my skin sticky after drying. Better off with many drugstore products (Simple, Cetaphil, Cerave, Neutrogina all make excelent oil-free moisturizers at more affordable prices).

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This was a good moisturizer, didn't break me out but I honestly think my skin was too oily for it- it made me oily within the first 2 hours I had it on (no makeup) and a shiny forehead isn't pretty :/ the first time I put it on, it had an almost burning sensation and I have no idea why considering my skin isn't dry at all... However, now I use this product during fall/winter at night and it does it's job nicely, but I would not repurchase.

on 8/20/2014 6:26:00 PM

My skin is usually not sensitive and doesn't react negatively to most skin care products. However, I tried a sample of this and the moment I put it on my face, it felt like my face was burning! I had to wash it off right away. It might work well for some people but this stuff is definitely not for everyone.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Very lightweight, sinks right in. Fragrance free, very hydrating. Very expensive but highly recommended. I've bought this over and over again. Enough said. Buy it

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

For reference, I have combo skin (oily t-zone, chin, a bit around nose, very dry everywhere else)

I decided to use this as I got a generous tester. I've heard many good things about Kiehls -- all their products tend to have fairly good ratings and I've been in search of a good moisturize.

Let me start off by saying that I would not repurchase this. I did not break out but this stuff made my face BURN! I felt like my skin was coming off for a good 2-3 minutes before the burning sensation subsided. Afterwards, my face was left with really good texture and no dry patches under foundation. I suppose the burning was just the lotion "working" on my dry areas, but I've recently found equally moisturizing lotions without the burn and at a cheaper price.

When something burns your face that badly, it's a huge red flag.

PROS:
- Did not break out and I have fairly sensitive skin
- Oil free
- No weird fragrances
- No parabens
- Actually pretty moisturizing
- Great base for foundation for combo skin

CONS:
- Burned like a mofo after applying
- Made with menthol (known to irritate skin)
- Also made with alcohol I believe (which IMHO isn't good for skin)
- Pricey

on 12/21/2013 5:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

If you have acne this is the perfect moisturizer for you.

It gives you great moisturize without leaving your face oily and absorbs so quick!
My face never looks dry when I use this and works great under makeup.

on 3/7/2013 3:01:00 PM

I have combination acne-prone skin. I was looking for a basic moisturizer that wouldn't clog my pores. This moisturizer sounded perfect because it was oil-free and it is supposed to have oil control which is great because my t-zone tends to get oily. I tried this in two climates: cold and dry, and hot and humid. Unfortunately, this moisturizer did not work at either extreme. It did nothing for oil control. In fact, it made my skin even greasier! I would put it on in the morning and by noon I would be like an oil slick. It seems like this is one of the products that either really works or really does not work depending on the person. Thank goodness for a good return policy because I was able to exchange the lotion for something else.