Philips Lumea Prestige - Hair Removal Device

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
 Philips Lumea Prestige  - Hair Removal Device

on 12/9/2018 9:14:00 AM

I love this hair removing laser! It works on both your face and your body, I've been using it for approximately 3 years now and it certainly does the job, the hair doesn't grow back for weeks and if you keep using it regularly the hair won't grow back at all until you completely stop using it for several months.

I intend to continue using this product indefinitely!

on 9/16/2016 7:39:00 AM

Mine is four years old and still going strong (hopefully I don't jinx it). Lumea is honestly great, does what it promises. I'm of European/Scandinavian origin so my hair isn't super dark but it still works, am used to having no underarm hair now. I paid $599 for mine, so considering the life-span of the product (100,000 flashes unless you get a dud) and how much ongoing laser sessions cost this is good economy. I use mine once a week and have no regrowth. You also get the benefit of hair removal in the privacy of your own home. I will repurchase when my current Lumea's lifespan is up.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

PLEASE note that this product will NOT work for those of you with dark skin or hair that is light. It works by targeting melanin in the root of the hair and destroying it. If your skin is very dark, it could burn your skin, so please check the website before you buy it!

My parents bought this as a gift since I've struggled with hair removal my whole life. Short story is, I was bullied a lot and used to spend all my free time locked in a bathroom plucking, epilating, waxing, bleaching, shaving... you name the hair removal method, I've tried it. Including expensive but useless home electrolysis kits.

Lumea WORKS. I'm an ideal candidate with fair skin and dark brown to black hair. I've used it almost all over my body. Some areas work better than others, especially because you sometimes have to sacrifice strength of the pulsed light to successfully flash the area. You have to be able to press it down evenly on your skin for the machine to allow you to flash it. So you can't use the regular attachment to do your knees, for example, you need to use the precision attachment and that has an extra layer of glass(?) the light must pass through. Unfortunately, it seems this also makes the pulsed light weaker.

Either way, I've achieved 75-90% hair removal. A lot of areas are mostly bald now, with some hairs that have come back finer and grow slower. There are some areas with stubborn hairs that only get reduced growth time (one arm) and still look quite thick, but strangely enough my bikini line is almost completely bald or the hairs are very fine and barely noticeable.

I do still shave my legs every few days, but instead of shaving my entire legs, I have maybe two or three small patches of hair dotted around my calves and I think I can leave my thighs alone for a week. This means it takes mere seconds to feel smooth and hair free.

Yes, this device is expensive, but considering getting intense pulsed light treatment at a salon costs a lot more than one Lumea and you always need multiple treatments, it's a bargain. No more waxing, no more epilating, no more bleaching, just shaving every now and again.

In the beginning, it took about one hour to fully charge the Lumea. I've been using it for four months now and I think it takes about two hours to charge. Please note that I am using it on almost my entire body, so if you're only using it for your legs, your Lumea will probably last more than twice as long before recharging takes two hours.

It's easy to use, but can be very tiring when you want to complete a treatment on a large area of your body. I draw boxes with a white eye pencil (buy lots of these!) and tick off areas I've already flashed. Usually, doing both my legs from ankle to tops of my thighs takes several hours because of having to wait for it to recharge twice and I can't wipe off my white lines and start again later else I won't remember what's done and what's not. Keep in mind I never mastered the sliding flashing. I always stop, lift, place, wait for it to be ready and flash, which is probably why I am slow!

It can get rather hot and may feel uncomfortable when pressed against the skin. I often stop and wait for it to cool down a bit before continuing, which is another reason why it is slow for me. The flashing itself does not hurt, it usually feels like the sun on a hot day for a second. The only place it feels a little painful is on my inner thighs and one spot on my bikini line. Even then, it's like a quick flick with a rubber band.

All in all, I'd rather have slow hair removal once every four weeks than various forms of hair removal every single day (that add up to a lot more time than monthly Lumea sessions). The Lumea has given me a lot more freedom in my life and I'd recommend it to every person who feels they spend too much time removing unwanted hair.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this stuff and i wish i had bought it sooner. After the 5th time using it i have no more hairs in my bikini area, which is great for me, since i used to always get horrible pimples from waxing or shaving around there. My legs have around 60% less hairs, i guess i still need a couple of times for the legs, since the hairs there are very light brown, same thing with the arms and armpit ;-) Wonderful device!

Top Rated Hair Removal