Sephora Supreme Cleansing Oil

Sephora  Supreme Cleansing Oil

3.0

Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), PEG-6 Sostearate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Crambe Abyssinica Seed Oil, Gossypium Herbaceum (Cotton) Seed Oil, Fragrance, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, BHT.

on 6/27/2016 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I am not a fan of this cleansing oil at all. I feel like it doesn't rinse very well in comparison to so many other oil cleansers, nor does it remove all of my makeup. Although I am typically a double cleanse kinda gal, the times I've used this and then tried a micellar or toner aft, there's a ton of makeup left behind. As other revewers have also noted, there is far too much mineral oil in this product - hence the film it leaves behind and the difficulty in rinsing it off. I am also not a fan of the smell.

I think when it comes to oil cleansers, unfortunately nothing really works under the $20.00 range. Or that's been my experience anyhow. The cheaper one's seem to be chalk full of unnecessary ingredients which tend to be heavy on the skin. Save yourself some cash and disappointment by skipping this product.

I really like this cleansing oil. It gets off ALL of my makeup as good if not better than the more expensive brands. It is a great price and it really works. It has not caused any breakouts. I love how it turns into a lotion when you add water. It rinses away without leaving any residue and my face feels so clean.

To Read all 24 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/10/2015 12:49:00 AM

Yes, it can be thicker than other cleansing oil, but so far for me, this is the only cleansing oil that does the job for less than USD15. I think this is targeted more on dry skin hence the thicker oil. As any other first cleanser out there, it emulsify easily when in contact with water, so approach eye area at caution.My skin loves it, but I need really thorough cleansing afterwards with konjac sponge before continuing with my second cleanser. To me, compared with SK-II that I have, this is much better. I can even get my Heroine mascara off my eyelash with this. Strangely I can't find this oil online anymore, but there are still plenty of them at the stores.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I believe this was discontinued. I wouldn't repurchase even if it was, though I just finished the bottle I had.

First of all, it doesn't completely remove makeup -- I can easily see where this has not broken down the makeup even after I'm sure I rubbed it in enough. Also, it leaves a film on your skin (along with the dreaded blurry vision) that even another cleanser will not get rid of.

To me there is no scent.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have been meaning to write a review for this as I've had it for awhile and I think it's a great cheaper alternative to Shu's cleansing oils. If you have written a negative review or are thinking about getting this take my advice- use 1 pump of product. JUST ONE. One pump takes off all of my makeup and is a light enough layer to be very easily removed after being emulsified with water. I've made the mistake of using 2-3 pumps and trying to get a thick layer off is awful. I can see how easy it would be to think the oil is too heavy or greasy or hard to remove, but in my experience, it's a great product when used as directions state! The smell is a light floral that dissipates once the oil is removed. If you want to get into cleansing oils, give this product a shot (then go splurge on Shu if you want!)

on 1/25/2015 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I like this stuff. It removes eye makeup, doesn't clog my pores, smells good, and leaves my face feeling moisturized but not filmy, plus it's cheap! One lippie off because it's messy. It gets very runny when mixed with water and runs down my forearms while I'm washing my face, which is irritating. I love my HG cleanser (Purity Made Simpe) so I probably wouldn't repurchase, but my experience with this product was encouraging enough that I will try another oil based cleanser in the future, when I want to change things up.

I was encouraged to use this as it is said to have a very similar ingredient list as the Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil, which I equated to the same or at least similar performance. Boy was I wrong!!!!! This is nothing like the Shu Uemura cleansing oil. As soon as it hit my face, it became milky white and sticky and gooey mess! gross! It was also very difficult to remove whereas Shu would just rinse right off. Will never use this again, I will give away the bottle. What a waste of money. I'm sticking to the real mccoy.

on 2/3/2014 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've been a faithful user of MAC cleansing oil for years and decided to try this one because of the low price. I hate it. It is very thick and hard to spread around when you wet it. Then it takes forever to rinse off. I would have to post clean with another traditional cleanser and follow with a toner and my face still felt like a film was on it. Yuck.

on 1/21/2014 5:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I love this cleansing oil. It removes every trace of makeup, even long wearing stuff like ELDW , and waterproof mascara. It is messy and you do have to rinse for a while, and as someone else said, I do get blurry eyes for about 30 seconds afterwards, but frankly its a small price to pay. I have tried more expensive brands like Shu Uemura, and not only find the ingredient list of this to be almost identical, but think the performance of Sephora's oil is just as good, if not better than the expensive brands, but significantly cheaper.

on 1/21/2014 12:57:00 AM

In all honesty, you might as well run to the drugstore and buy a big bottle of mineral oil for $2 and its initially the same thing. Mineral oil is the first and prominent ingredient in this product.
*cringe* This oil is thick and actually does a good job of removing makeup. It removed all my long-wear foundation, and my mascara but left my eyes extremely blurry from the mineral oil. I had to rinse out my eye balls before I could actually see. I feel like this is just a makeup remover, not a "cleansing oil" because theres nothing cleansing about the ingredients. Once you rinse it off you have to then go in with another heavy duty cleanser to remove the oily feeling on your skin. Which is fine, if you're looking for a good makeup remover and not a one-stop-shop oil! This also irritated my eyes and left my skin pretty oily. I also noticed my pores getting clogged. Dont waste your money!