Bare Escentuals READY SPF 15 Touch Up Veil

Bare Escentuals READY SPF 15 Touch Up Veil

3.6

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 12%. Inactive Ingredients: Alaria Esculenta Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Bambusa Arundinacea Stem Powder, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Boron Nitride, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Cananga Odorata Flower Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Phosphate, Coco-Caprylate, Corallina Officinalis Extract, Geraniol, Iron Oxides , Jojoba Esters, Lauroyl Lysine, Linalool, Mica, Silica, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Zinc Oxide

I had been using Makeup Forever HD Powder and I really enjoyed it. I decided to try this powder since I had used their products before and loved them. I had never tried their pressed powders and thought I would give this a shot. I did not smell this powder prior to purchasing it and I wished I had. The smell is terrible! Since I don't want to waste the money and product I have kept using it. The powder does cover well but i can't help but compare to the Makeup Forever powder. I like the matte finish of HD and not the velvet look of the veil powder. Not to mention, a few weeks into using the powder it has completely crumbled into a big mess in my compact. The compact is sleek and a nice design but does not keep the crumbly powder inside. I will not buy again for the crumbles and smell. Disappointed in Bareminerals for this product.

on 9/28/2015 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I got this powder in the translucent version because I was getting tan in the summer and I wanted something I would have been able to use no matter how tan I was/am...

It really mattifies and helps to keep my T-zone shine-free all day. Sometimes I need to reapply it, sometimes not.
The PROBLEM is that, being translucent, even with a light hand, it just makes me WHITE and I don't like it!

Second of all: after 3 weeks of use, it just started to crumble and every time I use it little pieces of powder just get wasted.

The packaging closes very well and it is sleek. The only thing is that it gets dirty quickly.

I don't think I'll buy it again after I use it up.

To Read all 32 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/12/2015 9:45:00 PM

I got this powder in the translucent version. I assumed it would be good to throw in my purse to touch up throughout the day. To start, the packaging is amazing (just like the nars packaging) and the powder is relatively smooth. It does make my skin matte and it does a good job at setting my concealer. HOWEVER, I cannot get past the horrible smell. I get really oily around my nose (every other place on my face is relatively dry) so i generally use a powder to touch up around my t-zone. The smell is horrible. It's almost like the powder was actually made thirty years ago and went really bad. I used this for a few days and then had to throw it out (i tried passing it onto my sister but she couldn't get past the smell either). When I would put it on my nose to touch up the smell just stayed and lingered and honestly, i would've rather had a shiny nose. If you can get past the scent, this is a good powder but i'll just stay with my current drugstore powder. For something this expensive i'd expect it to at least have no scent. I recommend taking a sniff of the tester at Sephora before you open your wallet. :)
Also, not sure if i got a dud of this product or not.

I adore this velvety powder. Hides redness and spots very well. Super matte, no oil. Love it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

As someone with very sensitive skin that is very prone to pimples, I am one of those people who are very skeptical about big claims....I have endless pore issues, and i have tried A LOT of VERY expensive powders (NARS, LAURA MERCIER, Make up for ever, MAC, Cle de peau) and while they were OK, they were not really giving me the flawless finish that is everybody's standard these days. One day I was playing around with my warmth bare minerals all over face color that I LOVE so much, and then decided to venture to other products, and that's when I found the mineral veil. I watched the videos and they looked SO amazing, the models (who are ordinary everyday people)'s before and after of applying the mineral veil was a HUGE difference!!! AND, this isn't even a foundation- it's a TRANSLUCENT powder, which made me believe , wow, a setting powder can be SO much more important than a foundation!

I tried this and I fell IN LOVE. The powder is so finely milled, and for once I look close to flawless, because it takes away that nasty oily shine I have. Love it........I can't go without this powder.

I cant stand the medical smell it has. It doesnt kick up a lot of powder which is good. This is not great at keeping you matte. It gives you the famous mineral veil polished finished look (blurred pores and lines, lack of cakey or powdery look). But I will be oily again in less than two hours after a touch up.

on 9/25/2014 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Just finished up my deluxe sample from Sephora Summer kit. It's an okay setting powder. I find I get the same results with a CoverGirl pressed powder compact. Save your pennies, and don't splurge on this average pressed powder.

Sets both my BB creams and standard liquid foundation. Can look chalky with applied with a heavy hand. Best technique is to use a puff and pat/roll/push onto face.

I use to use their mineral loose powder foundation and veil a few years back, I now prefer my bb creams/liquids again.

on 8/25/2014 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really like this product. It doesn't mattify too much, and leaves my BB cream looking dewy and natural. I gently press a small amount of the translucent powder over my BB cream, using the Real Techniques powder brush. I am fair skinned so I don't have the problem of this looking chalky, but I can see why other people are having that issue. Most likely they are packing too much on or using it alone. This is a veil, it is meant to be used in a very light layer as a finishing powder. The only thing I dislike is the scent, but it is light and doesn't stick around. I will likely use this product a long time.

I finally finished this powder it lasted me about 8 months and it was ok it wasn't anything to rave about.. It would mattify for a few hours but then I'd get all oily and it just wasn't cutting it for me but it sets liquid foundation nicely for like the first 3 hrs then it all just goes to hell afterwards!

on 11/21/2013 4:52:00 PM

I get told a lot that my skin looks very dry after putting this on, which kind of takes away from the whole nice, finished look. It does seem to keep my liquid makeup on a TAD longer and I do like the tint. However, it probably is best for people who aren't too pale. I can't put too much on otherwise the colour difference is obvious. It ends up as an orangey-yellow against white.