Colorbar - Extra Durable Lipstick

1 review

on 12/7/2011 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I decided to try this slightly cheaper liquid longwear lipstick to see if I liked it better than Revlon Colorstay Overtime, which I love. Colorbar's packaging looked almost identical to Colorstay Overtime so I was hoping it was similar. I got Snob, a brownish mauve shade which was very pretty and flattering. It did hold to its longwear claim, staying on through meals and for many hours. However, applying it was very tricky. It didn't apply evenly, like the wand had uneven distribution of color, which made it hard to apply correctly without having rings around the lip. It also took a very long time to dry, and during this drying period one must be careful not to touch it as it will smudge and transfer immediately. Also it is a bit sticky & drying but most longwear liquid lipsticks are like this so that was not a big issue for me. My final issue with this is the double-sided packaging, which I am personally not a fan of because of the small amount of product one gets. I realise it saves space and is more practical, but I would personally prefer buying separate color and overlay and having both be a decent amount.