Edward Bess Compact Rouge for Lips and Cheeks

No Image

4.3

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

This is a review for the EB compact rouge in Island Rose. It is the finest cream rouge I have ever found and I likely will stick with it forever. It is a perfect shade and texture, looks natural, goes on easily, stays put, and is very flattering.

I discovered Edward Bess' line a few years ago at Neimans, loved it, and with this latest purchase have decided to move all my cosmetic choices toward his line.

Seems to me the prettiest makeup in the world comes from either Chanel or Edward Bess. Chanel is a bit more expensive and is very beautiful, but for me it results in a lovely but somewhat artificial look, full of charms but still 'made up.' Edward Bess gives a very beautiful look also, but it is more natural and impossibly elegant - the star of the show is you, not your makeup.

Edward Bess can hard to find - it's only offered retail in exclusive stores or online - and it is a little pricey, but I've decided to stop wasting so much money on makeup that is almost right and spend the money, actually less, on carefully chosen Edward Bess products. I'd rather have one perfect lipstick (and they are just amazing) than six or seven less costly lipsticks that don't get the job done.

Edward Bess products are wonderfully formulated - they sit just right on your skin, and don't clump or smudge around. He has a genius eye for color, skin tones, what shades are for whom, etc. No one does it quite like he does. The quality in everything I've tried is first rate. Check out his website at http://edwardbess.com/

Never thought I would go for high end makeup, but the drugstore stuff continues to disappoint and Edward Bess makes me happy every time.

on 2/19/2012 4:48:00 PM

I love this! Such a natural cheek color and long lasting. Looks great on the lips too, get a lip brush to apply though. Excellent quality a tiny bit goes a long way, one of the best products I've bought in a while (and I'm not a fan of all of his products just this and the concealer)

GRRRRRR! Ordered this online when on a late night search for a decent lip stain. To be fair I admit to and accept full responsibility in not reading carefully - not a stain - and ordering online sight unseen. What I do not accept is that I paid 38 dollars for a very small container of pink goo that was in such shoddy packaging that upon opening the pan fell out on to my very light carpet. Not a great way to start off. I ordered the Island Rose shade which from all accounts was supposed to be the darkest shade. One person had stated on their blog that is would be more appropriate for darker skin tones - photo swatches appeared to line up. So it is a lighter and brighter shade than I expected and way to creamy for my taste - swatch on his site is truer than some of the actual photos on various beauty blogs. Staying power is not what I was looking for. For me this is not a repurchase.