La Roche-Posay Toleriane Teint Mineral

3.2

on 12/13/2017 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I wanted to love this powder, I really did! I was looking for a higher coverage powder, in that area it does deliver. A little dry and cakey for my liking but it actually makes my skin oily after a couple of hours, and aggravated my papular rosacea. I broke out in cystic papules. It also separates a bit. I used the Light Beige colour, which is a bit on the yellow side. For reference, my skin is fair/medium, more fair. I’d say cool due to my rocacea because it makes my skin look pink but before I used to have a slight yellow undertone. I mostly use Clinique Double Powder in Matte Neutral, in winter I alternate between Matte Neutral and a lighter shade - Matte Ivory. The foundation I use: Clinique Superfit 05 Neutral, Clinique Superbalanced Makeup 03 Ivory, and Clinique Stay True in Stay Ivory.

I am a long time user of powder foundations, so when I saw this one in Priceline, I was very excited. The colour range is interesting. The lightest colour in Australia is Light Beige. I am usually a "porcelain" type lady, so anything with the word "beige" in it is usually too dark. Anyway, this is a very light colour and would suit ladies with pale skin tones like myself. If I have one complaint about this product, it is the amount of excess product that comes out of the compact every time I run the kabuki brush over it. The powder is obviously quite loose rather than being compact and you get too much excess powder. They do have a sponge to apply this and maybe that would stop some of the excess, but I never apply powder foundation with a sponge and I think most people prefer a brush. It comes in a sleek black compact with a section at the base where the sponge sits. The powder itself is very sheer, but a small amount got really good coverage on my face. I applied it over my Olay Complete SPF 30+ Sensitive, but I did make sure to allow at least 5 minutes for the Olay to sink in. I used my ELF kabuki brush to apply it and I only needed to sweep the compact twice to get good coverage. I have read a few of the reviews on this and one lady said that it was "cakey". I am 52 years old with really good skin, but if a foundation cakes, I wont use it again. This left my skin looking even with a slight satin finish that was flattering. It does not change for me over the course of the day. This is a very good foundation and I will definitely be purchasing again!

on 5/2/2016 3:38:00 AM

I love it.first tried in the shop.one it s own and it was so smooth.has spf.when i m in a very big hurry i wear it on it s own.does give cake face but with some fix plus it s good.i mostly use it to set my makeup.used on the whole face underneath my found and also on top on some spots on my face.ii might be difficult to find the right shade since the color range is very limited.but i ve found mine.

on 2/9/2015 3:18:00 PM

I an not sure how I feel about this product. It was the first powder foundation I tried and when I bought it I didn't know what to expect. It turnt out far more rich and covering than I thought it would be and therefore the first times I applied it my face looked extremely cakey. I hated it but I wanted to finish it up so I kept using it, and when at some point I got the hang of it, I was even getting compliments for my complexion! It has a velvety finish and provides good coverage that evens out the skintone and with a heavier application I could skip under eye concealer .
The problem is that this doesn't last long. It starts getting a bit shiny after a few hours but that is not a big problem if you are not very oily. What really annoyed me is that by the end of a long day it had oxidised and turnt into an ashy, muddy colour. That looked especially horrendous around the eyes where it was also creasing into fine lines. I also found it a bit clogging.
On the other hand there are not many powder foundations with such a high SPF for that price(14) and I loved the fact that it was so portable and easy to reapply. It is a very convenient product for when you can only spare 2 minutes on your face in the morning or for when you don't wake up at your house; all you need is this and a mascara!
All in all I would only recommend this product if you don't wear your makeup for the whole day and you are not prone to clogging.

on 7/29/2014 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

At first, I expect that this powder wouldn't cause me breakout because of the trust of the brand. But when I use it just only once, I felt very itchy and broke out a lot with the cystic acne. Then I looked into the ingredient. OMG, they use bismuth oxychloride which lots of people complained that they allergic to and caused them lots of breakout.

So disappointed!!!

on 4/24/2014 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

A good product, and you can get good coverage using the sponge or light if you apply with a brush.

on 9/17/2013 9:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Pros:
-Does not break out, even seems to help
-Covers imperfections
-Great box, easy to carry and reapply
-Great SPF, good for summer days

Cons:
-May not last all day
-Does not really control oiliness in the long range
-May be "visible", not natural, and crease

on 8/28/2013 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

It just didn't work for me, it doesn't look natural and didn't control my oily areas. :(

on 5/15/2013 6:13:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this foundation. I can't handle liquid foundation, because I'm deathly afraid of breaking out (which I always have in the past) and it feels so heavy and mask-like on my face. And I hate applying it.

I switched to mineral powder foundations years ago. I used Vichy Aera Teint, which I loved but it was discontinued. so now I use Toleriane Mineral in 13 (Beige Sable).

It's a good color match for me. It doesn't give all that much coverage, but for me a light coverage is fine. I can do a bit of a heavier coverage if I have skin issues, but it really hasn't been all that necessary.

I do not apply it with the sponge though! I hate makeup sponges, applying foundation with it makes my face look dry and chalky. I just use my EcoTools Large Powder Brush. It's also more hygienic to me (I wash my brush every other day).

Overall I really like this powder. It's a compact, which I like. Much easier than a loose mineral powder. Coverage is light, but it's really all I need. It looks natural and most importantly: it doesn't clog my pores or irritate my skin.

Price is also very reasonable. I get in online for just 14.

on 12/12/2012 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Is an average product. Cover is average and oil control is non-existent. If used on foundation free face it clogged my nose pores and I ended up looking cakey after just one hour of wearing it. If used to retouch my makeup when over foundation it made the area problems more visible and made me oilier in my nose area and cheeks (which aren't that oily).

Maybe this works for normal skin types but for the price $38 US here, I was expecting something above average. Not purchasing this again.