The Body Shop Vanilla Body Spray

The Body Shop Vanilla Body Spray

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I am reviewing the Body Mist version which comes in the glass bottle. I am a big fan of The Body Shop body mists and the vanilla one continues to exceed my expectations. It is a simple fragrance - pure vanilla. However, it does not smell cheap, childish or chemically like a lot of vanilla-based celebrity perfumes tend to do. This fragrance smells like expensive vanilla bean, with a hint of darkness to it which adds an extra element. It is a rich, pure vanilla and has excellent staying power on the skin. It lasts for about 5 hours before needing to be topped up, but this is not an issue due to the fact that it comes in a reasonable priced and generously sized bottle. This product can be used daily and still last many months. I get complimented on this whenever I wear it, and people are often suprised that it comes from The Body Shop! The Body Shop's body mist range is excellent, and for those who love sweet vanilla scents, I would definitely recommend this one.

on 7/17/2015 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I am not sure if the formulation has changed since they moved from the old plastic bottles (which I have never tried) into the new glass bottle (which is what I am reviewing), but I really like this scent a lot. AND I am NOT ordinarily a vanilla scent person, bc typically to my sense of smell those are !) sickly artificially sweet - that plastic cheap candle smelly (ok odd description I know!). But I found this one to be a very pure vanilla bean, Madagascar infused type scent. Basically I feel this is a true vanilla. Another thing I really love about this vanilla is that it's a wonderful scent to mix - I purchased a lot of other fruity summer scents from TBS with this and adding/mixing a spritz of vanilla to them really adds an extra element.

I find this to definitely be worth the price ($14), and I have no problem paying more for a glass bottle (I don't have to worry abt product breakdown and obviously its better environmentally speaking). I have two "cons" but they are very general and may just be specific to my own preferences: 1) I don't like that the top is non-removable, meaning I can't transfer some of this into a smaller bottle for travel or purse, and 2) the staying power is surprisingly low/short given its initial strong scent upon application. To be fair though I only purchased the body spray of this, not all accompanying products for layering (body wash, lotion or cream, perfume spray) so maybe that's the reason. Regardless, I really do like this scent and product for summer.

To Read all 37 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/14/2015 5:34:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This review is for the body mist in a glass bottle.

This smells just like alcohol. Alcohol with a hint of vanilla. I am so disappointed, and I just do not understand all the positive reviews. I absolutely loved the original body spray, in the plastic bottle. I stocked up on it before it was discontinued (sadly, I have used it all...).

I have tried and tried with the "new" vanilla body mist. And it just continues to smell like alcohol, I even felt/imagined a burning sensation where I had sprayed it on my arm.

Alas, my quest to find the perfect (and affordable) vanilla goes on.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

This is one of my favourite body mists ever! It has the most beautiful and sweet scent of vanilla. It's a great feminine fragrance. It's a bummer that it isn't super long lasting! Though, the lovely scent makes it worth buying. And it's not like it doesn't last at all, it actually lasts longer than many of my body sprays, but I'd like it to last longer :)

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Review for the body mist in glass bottle.
My absolute favorite vanilla scent.
The body shop is where I first discovered how much I love vanilla. I remember when they used to have the scented oils near the entrance to the shop and I couldn't get enough of their vanilla scent.
This body mist is by far my favorite vanilla. It has some depth to it with a slight floral scent mixed in and almost what I think may be jasmine (idk?) and just a little bit powdery, but it smells good. Let it dry down to smell the other notes.

soooo yummy!! =)

on 5/18/2014 11:05:00 AM

Good product, amazing scent Too bad it isn't long lasting on the body at all! :( Also for the price, I'd expect some quality that exceeds a great scent.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Vanilla is one of my favourite scents and I especially like it in skincare and body products. I wasn't entirely sure about buyin a body spray though, but I received this as a gift for Christmas and have been using it on occasion ever since.

I do like it - the scent is nice, sweet and not overpowering. But it doesn't stay for long at all, which you might maybe expect from a body mist like this. So I while I like it, I won't be re-purchasing this after I go through my bottle.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

[Review for the new version with glass bottle]. This body spray when first spritzed is a bit heavy, but when it melts on my skin it becomes an addicting buttery toffee vanilla smell. The vanilla I always wanted. I even prefer it over the EDT, which turns a bit more sandalwood on my skin. Lasting power is not great, unless it is sprayed many times over the same spot. I love it on my neck and when I layer it with itsself I catch whiffs of it many hours later. The only con is that I go through the bottle very fast, and I prefer plastic bottles for body mists.

on 10/22/2013 9:27:00 PM

This is also for the new glass bottle version of this. I never tried it before, so I don't know if the old version smelled the same or not.

I love vanilla, so I thought I would love this. I do not like it at all. In fact, I threw it in the garbage. I think it smells far too powdery, and also has some strange floral scent mixed in that I don't like at all.

Also had no staying power whatsoever, but in this case, that was good, as I hated it very much.

Popular Fragrances