NYX Professional Makeup Professional Makeup Matte Lipstick (All Shades)

NYX Professional Makeup Professional Makeup Matte Lipstick (All Shades)

4.1

Bees Wax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla)wax, Ceresin, Microcrystalline Wax, Polyethylene, Octyldodeanol, Polyisobutene, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Oleyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Palmitate, Isostearyl Isostearate, Bis-Digylceryl Polyacyladipade-2, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHA, Fragrance. MAY CONTAIN: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), D&C Red No.6 (CI 15850), D&C Red No.7 (CI 15850), D&C Red No.27 Aluminum Lake (CI 45410), FD&C Yellow No.5 Aluminum Lake (CI 19140), FD&C Blue No.1 Aluminum Lake (CI 42090), or D&C Red No.36 (CI 12085).

Tried in euro trash...color was not good for my skin tone. It was definitely matte but not in a good way...too drying

This is an excellent matte bullet lipstick. I have three shades- Strawberry Daiquiri, Angel, and Indie Flick. I'll probably review the shades individually but Strawberry Daiquiri is my favourite; it's my perfect nude peach! As others have mentioned it is a non-drying matte formula that doesn't tug and pull at your lips. The right balance of moisture and matte. Coverage is even and opaque. Lasting power is pretty good. It's no liquid lipstick and it won't make it through a greasy meal, but for a bullet lipstick it's good. It will last through your morning coffee and take you through to lunch. Colour selection is excellent as well. I would compare this formula to the classic Revlon Super Lustrous Matte, but NYX is cruelty-free so they get my business.

I love the way the lipstick clicks into place when you wind it down into the tube. There is no risk of the product twisting itself up and getting smooshed when you've put it away. This is a great design feature that should be standard.

I got my shades at a special local sale where they were $1 apiece. I don't think I would have looked twice at this product or picked it up otherwise, but I'm super happy I stumbled across these lipsticks. The actual price tag is more than fair. I will check these out again when I'm looking for another matte lip colour.

MLS 17 Sweet Pink Rose Doux I only purchased color since it was Target clearance. What the heck? If I didn't like it. It would be a pain free trash toss. (3 @ 70% off w/ additional 5% red card = sold). Sweet Pink is a nice color highlight dabbed on center lip when neutral lip liners are used as full lip color (Essence). Lip brush to blend color. Perfect neutral lip with this secret ingredient. (I am giving my Mother these color ingredients and tools to achieve a classy look. • lip exfoliator • brush • liner lock • lip liners & • NYX Sweet Pink Rose Doux).

on 5/31/2018 6:57:00 AM

The formula is kind of dry. Not long lasting.

on 12/31/2017 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This has become my go-to lipstick, I have it in probably around a dozen shades.

It goes on creamy and doesn't tug or pull at your lips. It stays put and doesn't migrate or shift around. It's not drying at all. It does transfer and won't last through eating, but it reapplies nicely. It dries down somewhere between a satin-matte and a true matte.

Some shades were very opaque and true to the color in the tube (such as Alabama, Euro Trash, Maison) but some were much brighter on the lips than in the tube (Aria looked like a blackened purple in the tube but wore as a bright berry). No shades were patchy, though.

These are a great price, and are definitely worth it. There's a huge color range, from everyday conservative shades to trendy greyed-out beiges and edgy purples. I really have no complaints about this product!

on 12/19/2017 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like this formula a lot. I was really surprised by it because I haven't been a huge fan of other NYX lip products. This is probably the most comfortable matte lipstick I've ever used. It goes on easy and I generally only need one layer for opaque color. There is no need for a lip liner. It feels light on the lips and isn't drying on me. I purchased the Merlot color which is a beautiful pink-red. It stayed on through a few drinks, but not 100% through eating. I had to reapply a little bit towards the inside, but it didn't take much and layered well. Overall, I am happy with this matte lipstick. It beats out all the mattes and liquid lips I've tried. My only complaint is that packaging is flimsy and I feel like I'm going to break or smash the actual lipstick bullet.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Purchased the color Alabama, the PERFECT shade of red. Dupe of MAX Via Glam. I'm about to go buy all of the tubes they have left, with my luck I love something, and they discontinue it. My past experience with NYX lipstick hasn't been great, tried the Butter lines and the Creamy, didn't care for either. But the Matte is SO much better! Divine, divine. Anyone can wear this color, and deep blue based red, makes your teeth and eyes brighter. I have a signature of wearing red lipstick, and have stopped since I have developed lip lines. Not even lipliner really helped with the running and feathing of other lippies. But this formula, it never feathered once, even WITHOUT liner. I'm completely in love, and can have my ruby red lips again, thanks NYX, and all it cost me was $3.75. Satisfied customer.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have a couple of shades in this formula and I like it a lot. It is a very comfortable and not-too-dry matte that is nicely pigmented and wears well. It isn't ultra-matte, more like a soft satiny matte, so it looks flattering on the lips without being stark. There's no scent or taste, and I appreciate that. The packaging is pretty simple, but it is a little nicer than the packaging of the NYX round lipsticks. The nudes are especially nice, and there's a good shade range to choose from. All in all, this is a very good option if you're looking for affordable matte lipsticks that are not overly drying or uncomfortable.

on 7/23/2017 3:01:00 AM

I got four of these online, there is a big shade range and a lot of them look really pretty. However I was very disappointed when actually trying to use them. I find these extremely dry and dragging them across the lip is not fun. I cannot wear this without lip balm because it is just so drying and would emphasise all the lines on the lips. I will be looking out for another brand for a matte that is more comfortable to wear

on 4/26/2017 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Shade : Buerre/butter :

I have this in buerre/butter. It's more matte than ELF velvet matte lipstick. Slight mint scent and taste. Better scented than ELF which is not as bad as L'Oréal. I also prefer this scent to NYX butter glosses which make me crave things like twinkies.

For the sake of reference, I am Asian, NC 30-35, with deeply pigmented lips that have cool undertones. The shade of lip product I think of as MLBB is Wet n wild barely legal. I find Mac spice lip pencil a bit too light.

The beurrre/butter lipstick applies like a dark cool taupe beige on me.

Shade: Maison

Since I love cool toned browns, I love Maison. On my lips it almost has plum undertones, but it is warmer than buerre. It's not a super dark brown like one of my old favorites Wet n Wild 541b, cashmere, cashmere, which is a cool metallic (not matte) bittersweet chocolate brown with no visible warmth. If 541b is a metallic espresso, Maison is a latte seen through blue tinted sunglasses (or made with skim milk which can look grey in coffee). If I were in a sepia toned photograph, Maison might be just a few shades darker than my actual lips, a brown version of MLBB. I can put Maison on without a mirror.

In other words, these two shades would be a perfect cool tinted brown neutral eyeshadow duo. . .

Shade: perfect red

I am new to the world of red lip color. I love a combination of one thin coat of Amsterdam lip cream and one thin coat of Monte Carlo. However, I just got another matte NYX lipstick Perfect Red. It's fabulous! It gives more coverage than the thin coats of the lip cream but I must admit I was so happy with the color that I just swiped it on, blotted it and went out. It lasted for an evening (when I wear red lipstick, I am somewhat careful re drinking glasses, napkins etc). There is actually more transfer with butter gloss, but then I don't blot gloss. Edit: somehow when I wear Perfect red blotted (more of a stain) it's a bit more fuschia than I want.