NYX Matte Lipstick (All Shades)

NYX Matte Lipstick (All Shades)

Bees Wax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla)wax, Ceresin, Microcrystalline Wax, Polyethylene, Octyldodeanol, Polyisobutene, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Oleyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Palmitate, Isostearyl Isostearate, Bis-Digylceryl Polyacyladipade-2, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHA, Fragrance. MAY CONTAIN: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), D&C Red No.6 (CI 15850), D&C Red No.7 (CI 15850), D&C Red No.27 Aluminum Lake (CI 45410), FD&C Yellow No.5 Aluminum Lake (CI 19140), FD&C Blue No.1 Aluminum Lake (CI 42090), or D&C Red No.36 (CI 12085).

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this in shades Temptress, Forbidden, Eden and Natural and IT IS AWFUL. It's chalky, the color is not even in every spot and it dries out my lips to the point that I can't even feel I have them anymore. Worst product ever, will not buy ever again. If you have even a slightest problem with lips drying through the day, DO NOT BUY THIS.

on 8/15/2016 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

One of the best matte lipsticks I've ever tried! I love a good liquid lipstick but they can be so drying and cracking. This matte lipstick is so easy to apply, great pigment and doesn't dry my lips. The pigment seems long lasting throughout the day. I have the color Euro trash- my fave darker nude. And honeymoon is a beautiful nude with a hint of purple undertone. So worth the $$$.

To Read all 202 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

These are actually good lipsticks! High-coverage, pretty long-lasting, very bright and strong colors - all that you're looking for in a (matte) lipstick. I do think that the NYX Matte Lipsticks can compete with the MAC lipsticks, while being a lot more affordable.

The one big downside to these lipsticks is the packaging. I'm sorry, but it's just ugly! The clear plastic looks so cheap, and the mechanism to retract the lipstick doesn't function as well as with higher-quality ones. It's just not a lipstick I would like to whip out in the Girls' bathroom to reapply my lipstick during the day like I do with my YSL or Chanel lipsticks. But of course, those are a completely different price range.

All in all - if you're looking for great color and wear time, this is a good lipstick to buy. If you want something pretty to carry with you in your purse, you're gonna have to look somewhere else.

on 8/9/2016 3:05:00 AM

These are probably the best matte lipsticks I've owned- and I've had a lot from high end brands.

Formula wise, it isn't moisturizing, but it isn't drying either. I'd say it has a creamy finish but it tends to just sit on your lips after a while. It isn't uncomfortable, but if you have an aversion to lipstick that transfers I'd keep that in mind.

The pigmentation is INCREDIBLE and the shade selection is amazing- my Holy Grails would be Siren (dark, sexy, deep vampy red) and Whipped Caviar (which is the best "Kylie Jenner" nude out there, I prefer this to my MAC Whirl, tbh).

Minor gripes would be- it has an odd smell that eventually vanishes once applied and wonky packaging but for $5-6, I can't really complain.

These lipsticks are perfect to toss in your everyday beauty aresenal/ for traveling since you won't get upset if they get lost or banged up- and the quality and pigmentation is amazing.

This actually beats other formulations out there (for me) from Wet N Wild's Megalast ones to my NARS matte lipsticks.

on 7/19/2016 3:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I went to Sephora around one month ago and bought this two shades: Siren(mls32) and Temptress(mls25). Here in Malaysia, each is about RM 32 if I'm not mistaken. Super affordable!!! I'm in LOVE with the shade 'Siren' but 'Temptress' is a BIG NO-NO.

According to NYX, 'Siren' is a deep violet and that is exactly the shade that I get. The colour is very rich and looks very good. It's borderline darkly seductive and gothic. Looks very good on a naturally tan skin like mine. Frankly speaking, I think it is a shade that will suit any skin tone. The texture is very smooth. Not too light but not creamy either. It is so weightless that I forgot that I had them on sometimes. The matte finish is really there and it doesn't dries out my lip. No need to worry about the lip's creasing there. I don't think it has any scent, so another big check from me.

However, I'm really disappointed by 'Temptress' which is supposed to be neutral pink. The colour is so pale and unnatural to me. On me, it looks more like a pale pink with bluish undertone instead of being peachy.

When I'm bored of the colour, I would mix these two together to get this soft purplish pink shade which is BEAUTIFUL. The colours mix in very well.

- affordable (RM 32)
- light and smooth
- no scent
- long lasting (at least 6 hours)
- matte but not too drying (no creasing or flaking)
- lots of shades
-blendable with other colour
- only available in Sephora (in Malaysia)
- shades can be misleading sometimes
- not all shades are available in Sephora

Overall, the product is super awesome and I'll definitely buy it over and over again.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Nyx has finally landed in UK Boots and I eagerly went to try out some products. I bought a matte lipstick in the shade 'Alabama' which is a rich dark red. I think it was £6.50 in Boots.

Well, I love it. It's not 100% matte, it has a slight sheen, but I actually don't mind this. It stops it from being uncomfortable on the lips.

The actual lipstick is shaped really nicely, with an almost concave cut out (if that makes sense!) making it really easy to apply. It's got a slight peppermint scent which is nice. Makes a change from the vanilla or horrible sweet smell we usually get.

What I most enjoy about this is the staying power. It's not perfect, it does transfer onto glasses and cups, but it doesn't completely wear away. It doesn't crumble into the corners of my mouth, it just looks nice all day.

Price point is good and the casing is ok. It's not high end looking, but if I was bothered with that I would have bought high end!

I'm all for finding affordable brands, and this is one of them. I will be buying more of these in the future.

on 6/6/2016 2:14:00 PM

I love this for the fact that the price is on point with the quality. It's not the best lipstick, I have to reapply it, and after half a day It can become uncomfortable on my lips.

The shade I have "Butter" is different then any other color I have but can still be a casual work color. I took a lippie off for the packaging because I found the lipstick broke off and was in the top of the lid, but I was able to stick it back on to the base and it's usable.

I am trying to determine if I am okay with the fact that the brand is owned by L'Oreal which does animal testing and I am trying to go cruelty free, so I am not sure I will repurchase even though NYX doesn't animal test..

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I rarely log into mua to write reviews, but I absolutely HAD to for this. I have the shade "Couture", a muted, neutral baby pink.

The other day I was in SDM browsing the NYX products when I saw these matte lipsticks. I previously had never owned a matte lipstick or any NYX lip products so I wanted to give these a shot. I pointed to the display and asked my boyfriend which shade he thought would look nicest on me, and he pointed to Couture. I swatched the tester on the back of my hand and thought, wow, does that ever look fuckin' nice. I'd never seen a pink like this before, so I bought it without hesitation. It was around $10 (I live in Canada).

I am unconditionally and irrevocably in love with this lipstick. This is already a better love story than Twilight, holy shit. The pink isn't too warm or too cool; it looks so.... enchanting against my pale, neutral skin. I feel like a fucking fairy goddess or some shit. This is exactly my aesthetic. It's thick enough that the natural colour of my lips doesn't interfere with the colour (my lips are very pigmented and I usually have trouble wearing lighter shades because of this). I don't have any qualms with the texture of it, or that it transfers, or the longevity. I don't typically expect lipstick to wear all day or not transfer at all.

My only concern was the packaging. I love the look of the packaging; very sleek and cute, with matte black and a clear strip in the middle to peep at the colour. However, when I shake the tube, I can feel the lipstick rattling around inside. Because of this it feels a bit flimsy.

on 4/13/2016 8:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought two shades from the pallet of neutrals - Butter and Nude.

Nude colour really disappointed me. It is very unnatural and just too pale. By wearing it I had a feeling I have covered my lips with some paint and it looked flaky.

But, I fell in love with the Butter colour. I've never thought it would look so good on lips, but it really does.

Since it's my first time of using this brand, I've had some particular discoveries about NYX Matte Lipstick.

1. It does not have any strong scent, it's almost scent-free.
2. It has a very nice creamy texture allowing the lipstick to lay perfectly on the lips.
3. The lipstick stays on quite long (at least a couple of hours).
4. It does not dry out the lips. Some reviews claim the opposite, however I would say it is not as drying as other lipstick on the market.
5. There is a good selection of colours.
6. It is very affordable.

On a dark side, NYX Matte lipstick colours don't always match to the swatches. If you are buying online, don't only look at the colour, but also pay attention to the full name of the shade. Otherwise, you risk to end up receiving an unexpected shade that you have had no intention buying. And also, any product by NYX is basically sold in Target but very rarely in other local stores, so it is very hard to find all the variety of shades in store.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I bought the shades whipped caviar and couture and they're so flattering. Couture is the more opaque and matte version of the butter lipstick 'fun size', a light neutral pink. It didn't apply as nicely as whipped caviar did, just a tad bit patchy but didn't emphasize my lines or dryness. I got whipped caviar after I saw all the hype and now I see what the hype is. It's universal color that makes your lips look so nice. I wouldn't call it a natural color (at least not on me) but nevertheless a nice rosy mauve. I was most surprised with how lightweight and creamy these lipsticks are, I'll definitely get more colors.

Popular Lipsticks