NYX Matte Lipstick (All Shades)

NYX Matte Lipstick (All Shades)

4.1

Bees Wax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla)wax, Ceresin, Microcrystalline Wax, Polyethylene, Octyldodeanol, Polyisobutene, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Oleyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Palmitate, Isostearyl Isostearate, Bis-Digylceryl Polyacyladipade-2, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHA, Fragrance. MAY CONTAIN: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), D&C Red No.6 (CI 15850), D&C Red No.7 (CI 15850), D&C Red No.27 Aluminum Lake (CI 45410), FD&C Yellow No.5 Aluminum Lake (CI 19140), FD&C Blue No.1 Aluminum Lake (CI 42090), or D&C Red No.36 (CI 12085).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Purchased the color Alabama, the PERFECT shade of red. Dupe of MAX Via Glam. I'm about to go buy all of the tubes they have left, with my luck I love something, and they discontinue it. My past experience with NYX lipstick hasn't been great, tried the Butter lines and the Creamy, didn't care for either. But the Matte is SO much better! Divine, divine. Anyone can wear this color, and deep blue based red, makes your teeth and eyes brighter. I have a signature of wearing red lipstick, and have stopped since I have developed lip lines. Not even lipliner really helped with the running and feathing of other lippies. But this formula, it never feathered once, even WITHOUT liner. I'm completely in love, and can have my ruby red lips again, thanks NYX, and all it cost me was $3.75. Satisfied customer.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have a couple of shades in this formula and I like it a lot. It is a very comfortable and not-too-dry matte that is nicely pigmented and wears well. It isn't ultra-matte, more like a soft satiny matte, so it looks flattering on the lips without being stark. There's no scent or taste, and I appreciate that. The packaging is pretty simple, but it is a little nicer than the packaging of the NYX round lipsticks. The nudes are especially nice, and there's a good shade range to choose from. All in all, this is a very good option if you're looking for affordable matte lipsticks that are not overly drying or uncomfortable.

on 7/23/2017 3:01:00 AM

I got four of these online, there is a big shade range and a lot of them look really pretty. However I was very disappointed when actually trying to use them. I find these extremely dry and dragging them across the lip is not fun. I cannot wear this without lip balm because it is just so drying and would emphasise all the lines on the lips. I will be looking out for another brand for a matte that is more comfortable to wear

on 4/6/2017 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I believe I have this in one of the dark plum/red shades. I don't use it with/over a lip liner.

Personally I found the pigmentation awesome, and didn't have issues with streaks or patchy areas. I start off with slightly dryer lips and don't find it settled too badly into cracks or dry areas, and it doesn't dry my lips out. After applying I press a sheet of tissue paper between my lips to take off a bit of the excess and fully matte down the lipstick. It does transfer, and will definitely need to be re-applied after eating or multiple drinks, but it held up well in my experience. It didn't stain my lips either, which was nice, and I found it fairly easy to remove at the end of my day/night. The only con in my opinion was that it was somewhat hard to hold the tube and get precision, whether it be because of the length/shape of the tube, the curve of the lipstick, or the shape of my lips. Removed one lippie for that, but otherwise I'm super happy and would love to try their other shades!

on 4/26/2017 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Shade : Buerre/butter :

I have this in buerre/butter. It's more matte than ELF velvet matte lipstick. Slight mint scent and taste. Better scented than ELF which is not as bad as L'Oréal. I also prefer this scent to NYX butter glosses which make me crave things like twinkies.

For the sake of reference, I am Asian, NC 30-35, with deeply pigmented lips that have cool undertones. The shade of lip product I think of as MLBB is Wet n wild barely legal. I find Mac spice lip pencil a bit too light.

The beurrre/butter lipstick applies like a dark cool taupe beige on me.

Shade: Maison

Since I love cool toned browns, I love Maison. On my lips it almost has plum undertones, but it is warmer than buerre. It's not a super dark brown like one of my old favorites Wet n Wild 541b, cashmere, cashmere, which is a cool metallic (not matte) bittersweet chocolate brown with no visible warmth. If 541b is a metallic espresso, Maison is a latte seen through blue tinted sunglasses (or made with skim milk which can look grey in coffee). If I were in a sepia toned photograph, Maison might be just a few shades darker than my actual lips, a brown version of MLBB. I can put Maison on without a mirror.

In other words, these two shades would be a perfect cool tinted brown neutral eyeshadow duo. . .

Shade: perfect red

I am new to the world of red lip color. I love a combination of one thin coat of Amsterdam lip cream and one thin coat of Monte Carlo. However, I just got another matte NYX lipstick Perfect Red. It's fabulous! It gives more coverage than the thin coats of the lip cream but I must admit I was so happy with the color that I just swiped it on, blotted it and went out. It lasted for an evening (when I wear red lipstick, I am somewhat careful re drinking glasses, napkins etc). There is actually more transfer with butter gloss, but then I don't blot gloss. Edit: somehow when I wear Perfect red blotted (more of a stain) it's a bit more fuschia than I want.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This lipstick is really drying on me! Everyone seems to love it but for me it is just so dry and accentuates my dryness so badly. Even starting with moisturised and exfoliated lips, it does not look good!

The colours are really pretty though, and the huge shade selection is amazing.

It also transfers alot, and cannot survive through meals and drinks.

Would not recommend.

on 2/21/2017 12:40:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

euro trash is my fave color but these lipsticks don't really last long. but its a cult fave and that's how I feel about it too.
I also have maison a nice dark brown true and cool.i love them both
so much I wish they stayed on
nyx is high quality with low prices!
they are opaque and matte, very 90s
euro trash has enough wonderful pink in it.. no orange.. with a brown...its an indescribable color..which is why I love it.
its like jeffree star Gemini and huda trendsetter
and nyx lingerie in push up
its that kind of color as those 3 : )
perfect everyday yet interesting color... edgy somehow appropriate keep em guessing ya know
medium tone. not at all a light or dark color.
if youre tired of pink,HATE orange and cant seem to find or pull off a brown or nude, GET THIS.youll get your 90s vibe on all right.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I love these lipsticks! The formula is great.

The lipsticks are incredibly comfortable and pigmented. It is sometimes difficult to find matte lipsticks that don't feel dry on the lips, but these are great. I have a ton of colors and I would love to buy more.

I have this lipstick in the shade maison and whipped caviar. Color payoff is nice. Not super matte, more like a creamy matte finish. Unfortunately i will never use this ever again because it smells absolutely HORRIBLE. I dont even know how to describe the smell but ew. I wont even donate this to anyone because of the smell. It's super nasty.

You get what you pay for. An average drugstore lipstick with a matte finish. Of course you can't compare it with MAC, Urban Decay, etc. but in the end you pay for the brand. NYX did a good job on their version, some fails, some wins. But before I go on I need to say that the pigmentation is always a win. So, let's start: The nude colors (not the dark nudes) make me look washed out and an even application is hard to reach. The darker nude shades are a dream (for example Tea Rose): They apply evenly, without streaks and are beautiful. The brighter/intense shades don't need to hide either, I love to use them. And for all shades I can say that they are longwearing. At work I always have not much time to check myself in the mirror but I worry for nothing since I need to reapply them after an very oily meal or 6-7 hours. Do I recommend them? Yes, if you're on a budget and want good quality. But be aware on the nude shades which I mentioned.