Urban Decay NAKED2

Filtered by skin tone : Dark
Urban Decay NAKED2

3.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is what all this hype is about? A bunch of generic metallic (not really neutral but whatever) eyeshadows. When I think of a good nude palette, shimmers aren't what comes to mind. I think of matte, sculpting shadows, or at the least "discreet" and "travel-friendly". This palette, in particular, is a grab bag of pinks, golds, silvers and some "taupe shades".

I should have mentioned in that since I have a warmer undertone, cooler gray shades will tend to clash with my undertone. With that being said, It doesn't mean that I can't use cooler-toned eyeshadows. A great example of a useable and WOC-friendly palette is the Marvelous Mauve palette from Dose of Colors. These cool-toned plummy mauves blend like a dream, and I get utility out of every shade. The texture of the eyeshadows is creamy, soft, albeit there's some pickup due to the striations in the palette. It's almost a creamy sort of eyeshadow.

If it wasn't the crappy quality of the eyeshadows, then the packaging would probably be the straw that broke the camel's back. Generally speaking, metallic packaging equates to higher quality, but certainly not in this case. It could be completely possible that I got a dud but not only were the eyeshadow pans did not adhere properly, and I found that the metal collects a lot of dirt and grime, which is disgusting, and the mirror broke. The magnetic clasp was weak as well.

There were too few matte shadows and a lot of unusable shimmery and glittery shades. I found Foxy and Tease pulled way too gray and ashy on my browbone, and forget about transition/crease shades. People who love and own any of the Naked Palettes will agree that there is a ton of fallout, and for 54 dollars, that is not acceptable nor cost-effective.

I think that the biggest selling point of this palette, despite the rising cost is the fact you get "12 full-sized eyeshadows". But the truth is that even if I liked the quality of the eyeshadows and used this every day, it would take me forever to hit pan on one of the eyeshadows. In comparison, the DoC Marvelous Mauves palette is more cohesive and well-thought out. It's travel-friendly, and effortless which is what a neutral palette should be. It's also 32 dollars and you get a respectable amount of product, but it's a product that you know you will go and reach for. I found that despite the quality, the packaging is not travel-friendly of course, and all-in-all mediocre.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I bought this product recently after watching a series of reviews and tutorials beforehand. I'm not entirely disappointed with this product- however urban decay hasn't entirely won me over with this one. I find that many of the tones in the palette come off, "ashy," on dark skin and although the colour pay off is nice on most of the colours that there is a significant amount of fallout after application. I suggest using this palette prior to applying your foundation and what not. I'm not sure if I'd buy this palette again because although the colours are gorgeous in the pan... Urban decay doesn't keep in mind that WOC purchase this as well and targets mainly towards lighter skin tones. Overall, I'm not disappointed with this purchase but I did expect a lot more due to all of the hype!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I've had this palette in my stash for a long time but only used a few times....till most recently when the Naked3 was revealed. Before the 3 release I reached for this and starting playing around with it. I'm a NC45 in skintone and at first I was clueless as to how to pull eye looks from it because its cool toned. But since I've advanced in makeup application I find myself able to make it work with my skintone. Proper blending is a must and on occasion I've grabbed shadows from other brands to add some color per se (this palette is heavy on taupes). Would I buy this again if I hit pan? Probably so.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love this more than my NAKED!!!

Staying power is good but a primer is a MUST!

Colors are rich, fully pigmented and creamy as expected from UD.

on 2/3/2013 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

The colors are nice and go well with my NC45 skin, if I apply eyeshadow base; I didnt think the brush that comes with it was as good quality as the MAC and Bobbi Brown brushes that I have. When I first bought it, I was fairly new to applying makeup and had to watch YouTube tutorials to figure out combinations. If I had to do it over again, I would go with the first Naked palette

on 2/26/2012 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I saw the hype for the first one but for some reason it didnt really interest me but when i saw some yt videos about the 2nd one it got me a bit interested so i finally decided to buy with an exchange i had so i really didnt have to pay full price. But i really like it, the eyeshadows are nice for a neutral daytime look or a bold going out look. Every nice & i like the packaging. I dont know if i would buy it again bcuz it seems like it will last for awhile & its a bit pricy for $50.

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Love this. I bought the original and the 2 at the same time both of these palettes are unique in their own way. I love them both equally. I am a NC45 and all the colors are beautiful on my skin tone. They are so creamy and easy to blend. I can see myself using the Naked 2 more on an everyday basis since the shadows are not as shimmery as the original Naked. Both of these palettes will remain in my collection as long as they are being produced by Urban Decay. Love them. Totally worth the investment.