Urban Decay NAKED2

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Urban Decay NAKED2

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I like the palette. It's my favorite out of the three. The colors are absolutely gorgeous, even though I'm usually not a fan of very shimmery eyeshadows, I find them inelegant.

It contains matte, shimmery and glittery shades.
The matte shades are alright, not dazzling, but pigmented enough. Blackout is the darkest black I've seen. Unfortunately they are not ideal for my southern european olive (but pale) skin tone.
The shimmery ones are beautiful but disappear very quickly without a primer.
The glitter shades are impossible. Lasting power is nonexistent and cannot be applied dry unless your goal is to have purpurine all over your face that doesn't wash off. It stressed me out so much. I'll try wetting the brush with Mac Fix+ and cover my face with tissue on my second try.

I can't say I'm not slightly disappointed with the quality of this palette. I definitely had high expectations (the hype is insane) but I don't find them unrealistic or unreasonable. I guess I'll have to work around its flaws! I recommend it nonetheless - I'm aware it sounds contradictory but I had to mention in case it's a deal breaker for some - since it allows you to create so many different looks with incredible versatility, it's a good investment that will have you covered.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Best palette ever love it💖

on 1/30/2016 5:05:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Great and Love it!

on 4/28/2015 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

simply put- yes its worth the hype

yes it is super pigmented, long lasting, gorgeous, easy to blend, comes with a high quality brush..

the packaging is the bone i have to pick, mine never want to close, and after barely having it one of my shadows fell out and i had to re glue, pretty lame right, regardless this is my fav of the nakeds and id buy again and again its lasted me a long while

on 1/15/2015 11:49:00 PM

First I'd start with the physical packaging of the product - it comes in a box with samples of each of UD's eye primers, then there is a pinky-grey case which the eyeshadows are in. There are 12, so each of them are fairly small however they are deep, I've been using almost daily for 4 months and I haven't hit pan yet. It also comes with a good built-in mirror for on-the-go applications which is a good size. There's also a double ended brush. One side is flat and stiff which is good for doing either thin lines or for spreading product up to your brow bone which is where I use it most. The other end of the brush is not really useful for much as it is too fluffy to hold enough of the product. The quality of each of the eyeshadows is really good, particularly when paired with a primer. There's only 2 matte shades within the palette, a greyish-purple (tease) and a light cream (foxy). Foxy is actually really good for highlighting my face. So the colors range from muted pinks to browns, and is definitely a lot darker than Naked 3 but nevertheless my favorite Naked palette. The black shade is unbelievably dark, to the extent where I am actually too afraid to use it! There's also a dark grey color (pistol) which seems a bit out of place to me. All the shades will last all day when combined with a primer and I tend to have rather shiny/greasy eyelids so that is a plus. I bought mine from Sephora in Paris which cost around $70 but was still cheaper than the RRPs I've seen in the UK and Australia - $75 and $80 respectively. Shame its impossible to get these products for the same price they are in the US, but anyway I would still buy it again as it suits my brown eyes really well whether for a special occasion or an everyday look.

on 12/12/2014 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool

So I ended up repurchasing this palette after I sold/practically gave away my first palette when I was moving. My reasoning at the time was that as a collector of palettes, especially neutral types; this one felt extraneous. I also felt like it was too metallic and washing me out. Naturally as a makeup hoarder I ended up regretting rendering my Naked collection incomplete and started researching and watching tutorials on the Naked 2 before deciding to repurchase with my Sephora VIB $20 discount gift card. So at least I didn't have to spend the ridiculous 54 dollars on this. Now I wish I had worked with it more because so far I am really appreciating this palette now. I have light olive skin with cool undertones, brown eyes and my natural brown hair with a tinge of red, and compared to all my warmer neutrals this is a refreshing and flattering cooler toned palette for me.

Mini personal story aside, this palette is quite nice in terms of quality, color selection/uniqueness and packaging. The shadows are very pigmented, easy to blend and apply. As Urban Decay shadows go there is fall out when initially applying but not throughout the day.I really prefer the tin style case that snaps shut rather than the Naked 1's cardboard and felt packaging.

Despite complimenting this palette's color selection, I did decide to give this a 4/5 rating partially because some colors are not much my cup of tea; nor did I feel they fit the greige and taupe theme that Urban Decay was going for. The first would be Half-Baked, a repeat from the first Naked. I can't really wear yellowy golds so I wasn't pleased to see it appear a second time. I only wear it in the first palette if I pair it with Gunmetal.The other color I'm not thrilled about is Chopper. I would like this rosy light bronze shade in theory except it simply looks orangey on my skintone. If I want rose-golds I go to the Naked 3. Also, I don't use matte black very often. I wish they had put a cool-toned dark brown in Blackout's place. Then I could use it lightly in the crease and as a liner. When I use Blackout now to darken my crease I feel it starts to make my eyeshadow take on too much of a charcoal grey look. I do use it as eyeliner if I'm in a hurry so it isn't completely useless. The other reason this received a 4 rating is because the price keeps increasing. It is currently 54 dollars, when I first bought it 3 years ago it was 50 dollars. Too Faced's Chocolate Bar is $49, and Lorac's Pro is still at $42, and I consider the quality of those brands to be pretty close to Urban Decay's.

Negatives out of the way, the rest of the colors are pretty, work well together and are surprisingly still unique in my neutrals collection. I finally figured out how to work with this palette's metallic lighter shades, and now they look pretty and don't wash me out. So far I have been pairing Verve with Busted, Suspect with SnakeBite, Bootycall with Pistol, and YDK with Busted. For all these looks I tend to use Tease in the crease, the lighter color on the lid, the darkest color to darken the crease and lining under my eyes, and Foxy and BootyCall to highlight. I try to keep my eye makeup relatively simple because I don't have time nor do I feel it is necessary to use 3 shades on the lid with another 4 in the crease.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I got the Naked 2 palette today after taking back Naked 3 and wow I love it. The colours are pigmented and show up lovely on my brown eyes..there are some gorgeous golds, beige and browns! I have a feeling I'll be using it a lot, especially Bootycall. It's expensive but worth it I think. You can do the smokey look with the dark colours but I like a nice base on the eye with a darker shadow in my crease!..great for hooded eyes like mine! This is much better than Naked 3 for my olive skin. You couldn't even tell you had any eyeshadow on with that Naked 3, I ended up putting loads on and there was dust everywhere. I'm really happy with Naked 2.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I bought this palette when it first came. I just started using it. The first color the one for the brow bone sucks. The best color is blackout I use it for smoky eye. It is a great palette for wedding makeup. Always use it with other colors because except for blackout and the violet one these are not highly pigmented colors. I like chopper and suspect as wedding eye shadows.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Yes, this is very pricey, Luckly for me it was a gift from my amazing boyfriend :) Its DEFINITELY worth every penny you spend. The colors are so vibrant. They feel like butter and they dont sweat off they last all day. Its a perfect palette of colors for your day at the office or a more riskay night on the town. Whether your eyelids are oily or not, these shadows will stay put. I wear this everyday.

on 1/25/2014 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Very pretty eyeshadows! For $50 I better have a vareity of eye look options. This is a good palate though. The packaging is very nifty and not too difficult. The brush it comes with is nice as well. I think for my NC40 skintone the colors work very well in terms of daytime and night time looks.