Urban Decay NAKED2

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Urban Decay NAKED2

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 7/20/2018 12:58:00 PM

I love it- I'm a fan of neutral shades so I love the NAKED palettes. I currently own them all including Smokey and Heat, proving that I am willing to shell out the $ for such a great product. The diversity of colors make it easy to create different looks. I also like to mix and match with my other palettes too. The cosistancy is smooth, pigminted and has great staying power- especially when paired with UD primer potions. The brush included in each palette is also very good. These shadows are worth every penny!

on 5/15/2018 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the only Urban Decay Naked palette I own. I got it for Christmas 2014 & have used it so often, it's honestly a miracle that I've only hit pan in 2 or 3 shades. This palette is perfection when it comes to a collection of neutral eyeshadows. I haven't noticed all the fallout that some people mention in recent reviews, but maybe that's because I have an older version? I tap my brush off after dipping into the shadows & only get a little bit of fallout with one shade: Chopper (a rose gold with small bits of silver glitter). My favorite way to use these eyeshadow shades is for a one-&-done work look. I can use YDK (a gorgeous super-metallic bronze) or Suspect (a shimmery light brown)... any shade really... packed on the lid & blended out, & it looks good. While I've had this palette well past it's expiration date, I've stored it properly & it still performs well. I won't repurchase though, as I've gravitated away from Urban Decay since they were bought out by L'Oreal.

on 3/24/2018 6:43:00 PM

It's definitely great for daily use, you can always find something for work or play. There is a lot of fallout - which I'm sure has been said a thousand times.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Enjoyed the colours but the create way too much fallout and this is coming from a professional makeup artist with the correct tools and techniques. I have been working within the industry for 6+ and bought a few Urban Decay palettes due to the hype, however, I do not feel these are professional quality eyeshadows. The brush is also atrocious, you cannot use this as a blending brush. I would recommend having a tissue nearby to tap off excess product - you will need to do this multiple times. I would also highly recommend using a better quality brush, something quite soft, as the formula is very powdery. If you use something firm you will not be able to create a diffused look. It was okay, but I wouldn't repurchase it again for above reasons.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I like this palette, but I don't think it's anything revolutionary. The colour selection is good. I like the range, and the black is a bonus. I find the fall-out pretty bad, though. Even with a primer, the shadows tend to crease by the end of the day. The brush is nice. I frequently find myself wishing that the palette was a little more compact, or at least more square. I'll continue to use this palette while I have it, but I won't be repurchasing it. There are a lot of other palettes out there now with similar shade ranges, and I don't think the formula of the NAKED2 palette is good enough to prevent me from experimenting with other brands.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

There's so much debate about which naked palette is the best, or which one you should get. Honestly, I have all three nakeds plus naked smokey (planning on getting Naked Heat too) and they ALL are great for different reasons. In all actuality, most people will be satisfied with any naked palette they get, but if you are on a budget and only want one, it just depends on what you want the palette to do for you.
Personally, I think naked two is great as an everyday, subtle, wearable palette. I work in the medical field, and don't wear much makeup on a daily basis- just enough to look awake and polished. This palette is fantastic for that, and I find myself reaching for it day in and day out while getting ready for work in the mornings. All the shimmer shades are gorgeous, and bootycall is a fantastic inner corner highlight(probably one of my favorites I've ever tried). Chopper is another standout for me because it is such a pretty goldeny/pink shade. The fact that there is a matte black included is just a heaven sent. Blackout is so handy to use as a liner, and it can deepen any daytime look to nighttime in a snap.
If you're looking for bold, trendy, eye-popping colors, I would suggest a different palette. But this one is fantastic for your wearable, everyday, timeless and classic looks. True to Urban Decay form the shadows are high quality. They blend well and last all day when used with a primer. I wouldn't say they're as creamy and pigmented as kat von d or lorac, or even anastasia beverly hills, but they are high quality shadows. You can't really go wrong.

This is probably my least favourite of all the Naked palettes. I don't find it to be significantly different from number 1 in terms of basics, nor is it anything special or unique, like 3 and Smoky are. I think if I didn't have 1, I would like this for traveling but I usually just pick up whichever one is nearer when I need one to take on the go. Nothing special but I do think having one of either 1 or 2 is a useful tool in your makeup kit.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I like the palette. It's my favorite out of the three. The colors are absolutely gorgeous, even though I'm usually not a fan of very shimmery eyeshadows, I find them inelegant.

It contains matte, shimmery and glittery shades.
The matte shades are alright, not dazzling, but pigmented enough. Blackout is the darkest black I've seen. Unfortunately they are not ideal for my southern european olive (but pale) skin tone.
The shimmery ones are beautiful but disappear very quickly without a primer.
The glitter shades are impossible. Lasting power is nonexistent and cannot be applied dry unless your goal is to have purpurine all over your face that doesn't wash off. It stressed me out so much. I'll try wetting the brush with Mac Fix+ and cover my face with tissue on my second try.

I can't say I'm not slightly disappointed with the quality of this palette. I definitely had high expectations (the hype is insane) but I don't find them unrealistic or unreasonable. I guess I'll have to work around its flaws! I recommend it nonetheless - I'm aware it sounds contradictory but I had to mention in case it's a deal breaker for some - since it allows you to create so many different looks with incredible versatility, it's a good investment that will have you covered.

on 12/18/2016 12:48:00 PM

this palette definitely runs cool. When I first bought it, my hair was sun bleached and I was tanned. I couldn't pull off most of the colours. Now my tan has faded (im NC20) and my hair is fuchsia, so now this has become my go-to work horse palette. I can get tons of looks out of this. Nothing too special or crazy, but every shade has a purpose, as either a liner ( bottom lashes or to tightline), lid, crease, transition or highlight. I've been reaching for this most mornings because of the absence of needing to think a lot. I've gotten so much use out of this since I bought it 3 months ago, and still no pan showing!

on 12/1/2016 6:54:00 AM

Overall, a very nice neutral/bronze palette. Comes with a lot of nice shimmery lid shades, so it's a great everyday palette for people with fair skin like me. There are only two matte shades, so if you're not into shimmers, this is not for you.

The packaging is very nice - sturdy tin case with a large mirror inside and comes with a double-ended brush. I personally like the brush that comes with this, so it's very easy to grab everything and slap it on in the morning.

For the price, I feel like you can find palettes that are much more versatile with more colours. There's enough product to last you years, so definitely make sure the colours are for you before dropping big bucks on this. I enjoy this palette a lot, but I have no qualms calling it overpriced.