Urban Decay NAKED2

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Urban Decay NAKED2

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

There's so much debate about which naked palette is the best, or which one you should get. Honestly, I have all three nakeds plus naked smokey (planning on getting Naked Heat too) and they ALL are great for different reasons. In all actuality, most people will be satisfied with any naked palette they get, but if you are on a budget and only want one, it just depends on what you want the palette to do for you.
Personally, I think naked two is great as an everyday, subtle, wearable palette. I work in the medical field, and don't wear much makeup on a daily basis- just enough to look awake and polished. This palette is fantastic for that, and I find myself reaching for it day in and day out while getting ready for work in the mornings. All the shimmer shades are gorgeous, and bootycall is a fantastic inner corner highlight(probably one of my favorites I've ever tried). Chopper is another standout for me because it is such a pretty goldeny/pink shade. The fact that there is a matte black included is just a heaven sent. Blackout is so handy to use as a liner, and it can deepen any daytime look to nighttime in a snap.
If you're looking for bold, trendy, eye-popping colors, I would suggest a different palette. But this one is fantastic for your wearable, everyday, timeless and classic looks. True to Urban Decay form the shadows are high quality. They blend well and last all day when used with a primer. I wouldn't say they're as creamy and pigmented as kat von d or lorac, or even anastasia beverly hills, but they are high quality shadows. You can't really go wrong.

This is probably my least favourite of all the Naked palettes. I don't find it to be significantly different from number 1 in terms of basics, nor is it anything special or unique, like 3 and Smoky are. I think if I didn't have 1, I would like this for traveling but I usually just pick up whichever one is nearer when I need one to take on the go. Nothing special but I do think having one of either 1 or 2 is a useful tool in your makeup kit.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I like the palette. It's my favorite out of the three. The colors are absolutely gorgeous, even though I'm usually not a fan of very shimmery eyeshadows, I find them inelegant.

It contains matte, shimmery and glittery shades.
The matte shades are alright, not dazzling, but pigmented enough. Blackout is the darkest black I've seen. Unfortunately they are not ideal for my southern european olive (but pale) skin tone.
The shimmery ones are beautiful but disappear very quickly without a primer.
The glitter shades are impossible. Lasting power is nonexistent and cannot be applied dry unless your goal is to have purpurine all over your face that doesn't wash off. It stressed me out so much. I'll try wetting the brush with Mac Fix+ and cover my face with tissue on my second try.

I can't say I'm not slightly disappointed with the quality of this palette. I definitely had high expectations (the hype is insane) but I don't find them unrealistic or unreasonable. I guess I'll have to work around its flaws! I recommend it nonetheless - I'm aware it sounds contradictory but I had to mention in case it's a deal breaker for some - since it allows you to create so many different looks with incredible versatility, it's a good investment that will have you covered.

on 12/18/2016 12:48:00 PM

this palette definitely runs cool. When I first bought it, my hair was sun bleached and I was tanned. I couldn't pull off most of the colours. Now my tan has faded (im NC20) and my hair is fuchsia, so now this has become my go-to work horse palette. I can get tons of looks out of this. Nothing too special or crazy, but every shade has a purpose, as either a liner ( bottom lashes or to tightline), lid, crease, transition or highlight. I've been reaching for this most mornings because of the absence of needing to think a lot. I've gotten so much use out of this since I bought it 3 months ago, and still no pan showing!

on 12/1/2016 6:54:00 AM

Overall, a very nice neutral/bronze palette. Comes with a lot of nice shimmery lid shades, so it's a great everyday palette for people with fair skin like me. There are only two matte shades, so if you're not into shimmers, this is not for you.

The packaging is very nice - sturdy tin case with a large mirror inside and comes with a double-ended brush. I personally like the brush that comes with this, so it's very easy to grab everything and slap it on in the morning.

For the price, I feel like you can find palettes that are much more versatile with more colours. There's enough product to last you years, so definitely make sure the colours are for you before dropping big bucks on this. I enjoy this palette a lot, but I have no qualms calling it overpriced.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

PROS:
- amazing pigmentation
- good selection of neutral colours, although they tend to run cool
- very easy to blend, yet doesn't blend out into ashy nothingness

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This eyeshadow palette is my #1, ride or die. On my old account I wrote an elaborate review so I'll try to keep it simple to avoid repetition (plus there are almost 800 reviews of this on here and tons of people have described each shade in detail). I love this palette. It's the only palette I own and the only one I feel like I need. I can create an array of looks with these twelve shades. They all have good pigmentation and blend nicely. I've used this palette soooooo many times and still haven't hit pan on a single shade.

So why wouldn't I repurchase? Because when you buy Urban Decay you support L'oreal. That may not matter to you but it matters to me since L'oreal tests on animals. When I got this palette I believe that Urban Decay hadn't been bought out by L'oreal yet, or if it was it wasn't yet common knowledge. Even though UD itself is cruelty-free, I won't buy anything from the brand anymore. Supporting Urban Decay is supporting a huge corporation that tests plenty of products on animals. So even though the products themselves may not be tested on animals, you're still indirectly supporting animal testing by supporting this brand.

It was one of my first palettes (after theBalm's Nude'Tude), bought it shortly before Naked 3 was launched. I used it religiously for a few months, hit pan on the first four shades, the next two I really enjoyed as well. I'm an absolute fan of "Half baked", it's a gorgeous creamy gold, still one of my fave golds in my eyeshadow collection. Then I switched to other, (more colourful) palettes and... haven't worn it since!
It's definitely a palette which I could sell or give away and don't feel any regret. If you want a basic, neutral palette and you don't plan to invest in others, by all means: give it a go. The shadows are nice, creamy. Some of them aren't as blendable as they should be, given the price. There are a few shades that I think are (too) similar to each other: Snakebite & Busted, YDK & Suspect.
The brush that comes with the palette is decent, but a bit too "stiff" for me.
I'd give it 3,5 lippies if I could... but I don't love it enough to give it 4.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Just an ok product overall. Nothing special. Had a really hard time creating an everyday look with this product. Great for smokey eye looks when you really are willing to put some effort into application. Undecided if I will rebuy.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have one eyeshadow palette and it's the only one I've ever owned: Naked2 by Urban Decay. I got this for Christmas 2014 as my first palette but I find it to be so comprehensive that I don't need another one.

1st off let me say that I use this palette OFTEN. I work 5 days a week and use it at least 2-3 of those days. I haven't hit pan on a single shade. The price point of this product is $54.00. Some might find that extravagant but given the fact that I've used this to death for the past year and a half and it's still going strong, I'd say it's worth the investment (even though I was given this as a present, as mentioned.)

In fact, if you're wanting to give someone an eyeshadow palette as a gift I'd highly recommend this one. It's something many people might not buy for themselves (as they might not be able to justify the price) but would probably end up loving.

I find all the shades to be pigmented and blendable. The formula is nice IMO. Maybe not the best out there but I have no complaints. One thing I will say is definitely tap off your brush with these before going in on the lids.

You can create so many looks. I do anything with this from sweeping one color all over the lid when in a rush to get out the door on my way to work, to elaborate smokey eye looks.

All the shades in this palette are fairly neutral so the only people I wouldn't recommend this to is someone looking for a palette that contains bright colors or someone who strongly prefers matte shadows. It is a perfect everyday neutral palette as long as you like shimmer.

I'll go through each shade:
- Foxy: this is a matte cream shade. I use it a ton all over the lid and as a browbone highlight. It neutralizes my lids perfectly and some people claim to have a problem with pigmentation on this one but I never have.
- Half Baked: a true gold shade. Metallic and shimmery. It's beautiful all over the lid.
- Bootycall: this and foxy are my most used shades in this palette. This color is a shimmery pale pink. I use this in the inner corners all the time and as a browbone highlight when I want something shimmery as opposed to something matte.
- Chopper: a gorgeous rose gold color with silver glitter. I use this all the time all over the lid. This is the one color in the palette that I still get fallout with even after tapping off my brush. It's okay though because this shade is so beautiful that it's worth the fallout.
- Tease: a pale brown matte color. Extremely versatile, perfect for a transition or crease color.
- Snakebite: a shimmery mid-tone brown.
- Suspect: a metallic beige. One of my go-tos for sweeping all over the lid.
- Pistol: a metallic gunmetal grey.
- Verve: a shimmery silver. I really love the dimension of this shade.
- YDK: possibly my favorite color in the entire palette. It's a highly metallic cool-toned bronze. Looks insane on the lid.
- Busted: a shimmery dark brown.
- Blackout: matte black. I've seen some reviewers say they have problems with this shade and they find it to come across more grey than black, but I find it to be super intense, personally.

This palette comes with an amazing brush which I use daily and the packaging is sturdy and substantial.