Urban Decay NAKED2

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Urban Decay NAKED2

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

If I could only use one palette it would probably be it!

on 2/2/2017 8:02:00 PM

I feel like its redundant to even write this review, but the price of this pallete is justified by the quality of them.
I am not at all skilled when it comes to applying eye makeup, but these eye shadows are so nicely pigmented and easy to blend that its difficult to mess it up.
The staying power of the shadows is really good, even without any primer, and the fallout is not noticable after the initial application.
Would definitely recommend. My only criticism is that there is a lot of shimmer and not enough mattes.

This product is over hyped. The shadows do not blend. They are also very patchy. I've heard the same about the others.

on 9/23/2016 12:14:00 AM

This is the 3rd naked eyeshadow palette I bought and each one I love more and more! It blends perfectly and it is very pigmented. I never wear primer and at the end of the day it still looks exactly the same.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Like so many others, I live for this palette. To be fair, I mostly use the first four shades, because I'm super fair and my day-to-day makeup routine is pretty basic. Using just those shades almost daily, the palette has lasted me SUCH a long time! An excellent buy, even if it was more expensive.

I've been a MUA for a few different small movies, and its easy to find a natural pick for any skin tone. A slight shimmer gives great definition, and catches light without looking like a disco ball.

It's insane how versatile the shades are, I even use the matte brown for my brows!

Definitely a top 5 pick for my makeup bag.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This palette comes with 12 stunning neutral shades. The color range is more on the colder side.

Shades:

Foxy - is a yellowtoned matte skintone color.
Half baked - is a beautiful golden shimmery color.
Bootycall - is a light color with a subtle shine.
Chopper - is a cobber, shimmery shade.
Tease - is the 2nd matte color. It's a cold, neutral brown with grey and purple undertones.
Snakebite - is a bronze shade with a sheen.
Suspect - is a lighter bronze with shimmer.
Pistol - is a grey shimmery color.
Verve - is a light shimmery color with grey undertones.
YDK - is a stunning metallic bronze with slightly purple undertones.
Busted - is a dark brown with some shine.
Blackout - is a matte black

I think it would be nice with more matte shades in the palette since there's only 3.

Formula:

The formula on the shadows is great. The matte ones are really soft and silky. The shimmery ones are creamy and pigmented. Some of the shimmery colors have a more powdery finish and they have bit of fallout (YDK, Chopper and Half baked). To intensify the shimmery shadows even more I either put them on with my finger, or apply them wet. But overall I think the formula is good.

Packaging:

I think the packaging is pretty. It's a hard metallic packaging. When you open it, it has a big mirror, the 12 shades with names under and a double ended brush. The brush has a flat side, which is good at putting on lid shades, and on the other side it has a more fluffy crease brush. The hair is synthetic. Normally I don't like brushes that comes with palettes but this is really good and high quality.

Overall I think this is a good palette and great if you're just starting out with eyeshadow, but still want something high quality.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought an authentic Naked 2 palette off of Poshmark, and I absolutely love it! I can't wait to get the Naked 3 and Naked Smoky next. These eyeshadows are definitely cooler toned, which is perfect for me. I'm happy with the variety of these shadows, and they are so pigmented and smooth and velvety! I definitely use this just as much as I use the original Naked, so if you're a cool-toned girl like me, it's worth the investment.

This was my very first "highend" Palette. I was in LOVE when I first got it. I now have the chocolate bare & chocolate bon bon palette so I dont reach for it as much. These are pretty pigments, and you can create so many beautiful looks. My 2 Fav colours are #3 which is a shimmery gold tone champagne and #5 which is a greige taupe. They are very soft and come with a nice double ended brush. This palette would be a great daytime palette.

As time goes by, the less I seem to like this palette.

It was my first 'high-end' makeup purchase, which was very exciting, and the initial few uses of the palette were most enjoyable. Now I find myself reaching for it less and less. Why? Because it just isn't that impressive.

I'm not saying the shades aren't nice; they are. 'Tease' is one of my all-time favourite eye shadows, and the only one in the entire Naked 2 palette that I've managed to hit pan on. That's how little I use it.

The majority of shimmer shades swatch absolutely fantastically with the fingers. Notice I mentioned fingers. They do not go onto the eye with a brush as beautifully.

I hate the silver shades. They look so two-dimensional and it's almost impossible to blend them without creating a total mudfest. This is also the case with most of the other shadows. It doesn't matter what combination of shades you use, it will turn out muddy the majority of the time. At least, it did for me. No changes to my application rectified this.
'Snakebite' is very patchy. I don't like using it at all.

'Foxy' is a bit odd. It feels buttery smooth but, as others have pointed out, it's lacking in pigmentation. It only works well with the more orange/yellow shadows in the palette. I feel like they should have left 'Blackout' out altogether and included a more neutral or cool-toned base shade instead.

Everyone talking about the extreme fallout from these shadows is completely right - you'll either need some shadow shields, the world's steadiest hand or a willingness to either apply your face makeup after your eye shadow or the time to brush off every bit of glitter that'll be decorating your cheeks afterwards. It is a serious issue.

The brush that comes with N2 is great. I use it every day and it's a brilliant tool to have.

All in all, this is an okay palette. Just okay. In an ideal world I would have the few decent shades in singular form rather than this entire thing - there's just too much inconsistency in my opinion. I highly doubt people pay £37+ to have muddy eye shadow.

My son purchased this for me as a thank you gift when he obtained fulltime employment. I was using Revlon and Chi Chi eyeshadows prior to receiving this and thought they were good eyeshadows. This pallette has changed my mind about what good eyeshadow should look like. Unfortunately, I will never be able to use cheaper brands ever again because these shadows are THAT good. Did I mention the brush that comes with it? Yeah, well that is also fantastic quality and has lead me to try other Urban Decay brushes. Love, love, love this pallette. Will definitely repurchase.