Urban Decay NAKED2

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Urban Decay NAKED2

4.2

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I don't normally buy eyeshadow (because I own way too much), but I got a chance to buy this one discounted and felt it was too good to pass up.

I love love love the colour palette, I'm quite neutral myself - warm tones in summer and cool tones in summer, and this works for both. The pigmentation is quite light, but buildable - I actually like that, because I tend to go with very natural looks in the daytime and heavy sparkly looks in the evening. If I go traveling and can only take one palette, this is the one, since it's versatile enough. I also like that it includes black and two highlight shades - one matt and one shimmery.

I find I'm quite picky with brushes. This one is quite harsh on pressed powder and lifts a lot of product from the palette, but there's quite a lot of fallout from the brush itself. That said, I like the shape/cut, it makes actual application dead easy.

Packaging: After having destroyed many a palette in my handbag, it's nice to see something that can take some hits and still survive.

I wouldn't necessarily repurchase for the original price, but on a discount I probably would.

on 8/3/2017 6:20:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

My opinion of this palette has really changed over the years. I got this palette when I first started getting into makeup and thought it was the best thing on the market, but since I've become familiar with different eyeshadow formulas, such as ABH, MG, Zoeva, Colourpop etc, I tend not to reach for this palette, although I do think it still has some value in my collection, hence why I haven't gotten rid of it.

PROS:
-Colour selection - I'm NW10-15, grey eyes, cool undertones etc. and find the taupe tones in this palette to be really flattering. Warm tones dominate the market right now, and I find it's really nice to wear something cooler. The silver shades in this palette (Verve and Pistol) are gorgeous, as is YDK (my favourite taupe). I also really love Bootycall, and Tease is a great transition shade. In fact, the only dud for me in this Chopper, I find the glitter to be too chunky.
-Packaging - Perhaps not the prettiest, but definitely durable; I'd have no worries travelling with this palette. The brush that comes with this palette is excellent too, especially for packing eyeshadow.

CONS
-Pigmentation - I swear the pigment of this palette has faded with age. Maybe it's because I know have more pigmented shadows in my collection, but I definitely remember it being better than it used to. Certain shades are worse than others (the silver shades are often lacking in pigment), and as UD's shadow formula is more stiff, blending is also not particularly easy.
-Lack of mattes - Naked 2 has the same problem as the first one in that it's lacking in mattes. There's 3; Foxy, a yellow toned cream matte, Tease, a grey/purpley matte, and Blackout. They're good shadows, but I wish there were more mattes rather than the abundance of shimmer shades.

This palette certainly isn't my favourite, but I wouldn't get rid of it unless I could find a replacement of cool, taupe-y shades like in here. I have the Naked Basics 2, which does partially make up for the lack of mattes, but at the same time, you shouldn't have to buy another £22 palette to make this one more cohesive! I wouldn't necessarily recommend this palette, if you're looking for a cool toned palette, I'd perhaps advise looking into the Lorac Pro 2, or collecting single eyeshadows in a Z palette.

on 6/11/2016 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Nice palette but there are issues. too dark shades for fair skin, they kick quite a lot of powder and the glitter chunky shades are meh. the brush is pretty horrible.

on 1/30/2016 5:05:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Great and Love it!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I decided to buy this for the cooler hues in this palette. I did not like the naked3 as much and I don't own the first one. I have to say this is much more suitable for my skin tone and really flatters me. I think these have good pigmentation although I still need to use an eye primer on my oily lids. Great for building a smoky eye or for an everyday look. Some are quite shimmery so if you are looking for something matte, I would consider the Basic palettes of the line.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Overall I really like this palette. I loved it when I first bought it, but then I bought the Chocolate Bar by Too Faced and Naked2 got bumped to the back burner. I still use it every now and then but I probably won't repurchase. I really love a few of the colors but a couple I just can't find a way to use. I don't use it often enough to justify paying another $54 for the 2 or 3 shades I use. That being said, the shadows are very pigmented and creamy. I was very impressed with the formula on the matte shades. I love the quality of the shadows but the some of the shades just aren't that great.

on 4/6/2015 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Everything you need.

The colors are gorgeous and highly pigmented and the double ended brush is incredible. I love how I can make a no-makeup-makeup eye for daytime and then transform it into a sultry, smokey eye for evening. Honeslty, I play with every single shade. I have no need to buy another palette....maybe Naked Basics....

A+!

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I use this palette very frequently and it's the palette I usually reach for. Since I use it so much, I know it pretty well I think it would be more organized for me to do a pro/con type review:

Pros:
-Very high quality, extremely pigmented
-Can do a large variety of looks, everything from the most simply bare looks to intense smoky eyes and I always find new looks to do with it.
-My favorite color is Busted, but the ones I use most are Snakebite and Suspect. YDK is also absolutely gorgeous and looks great to pop on in the center of the lid, and it looks great on its own too.
-Tease is perfect in the crease/to blend out with.
-I prefer cooler, taupey color browns as opposed to warmer, bronzey ones.
-Great packaging- it's durable, slim, and lightweight which also makes it great to travel with!
-I used this everyday for the first month and a half I had it. lol

Cons:
-Expensive: I believe when the first full Naked palette came out, the price was $50 which is a bit high but I got this for $52, and now it's $54.
-I wish they had a few more matte shades.
-A lot of fallout but I suppose that's hard to avoid with highly pigmented products.

Some of my SIMPLE favorite looks from this (just from the top of my head):
-Bootycall all over the lid, Busted in the crease and outer corner, Tease to blend, Foxy as a highlight.
-Pistol all over lid, Tease to blend, Verve in inner corner, Foxy as a highlight.
-This was my go to look for a while, and it's very simple and pretty: Suspect on inner 3/4 of lid, Snakebite on outer, Bootycall on inner corner, Tease in crease/blend, Foxy as a highlight.

I haven't tried the brush so no comment on that.

Overall, I think this was a great investment for me, especially since I prefer cooler toned neutrals (like I said) and if you're just getting started with makeup, I highly recommend that you invest in a neutral palette like this one if you can. If I were to run out of the shades Tease or Busted, I'd definitely replace them (Urban Decay sells them individually).

on 12/30/2014 12:49:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am completely underwhelmed with this palette.

Part of this is my fault: I should have bought N1 or maybe even N3 as Im definitely not a cool-toned person, but I thought the mattes were nicer in N2 even though there are only three. I thought N1 was a lot shinier than N2 -- but you know? I was wrong: they're all pretty dang shiny, and while they look great in the palette (or even swatched on my wrist) on my eyes they look reaaaaaaaaallly glittery.

Part of this is UD's fault: of the colours I do like, and use, the fallout is pretty intense. I use Half-baked and Booty Call pretty regularly, and within a few hours my cheeks are freckled with glitter. And that's another thing: even with UD primer, within a few hours (today it was two) it looks like Im not wearing anything at all.

Since I used my Shoppers Optimum Points to pay for this palette, Im not too upset that I don't like it as I do like one or two colours, and can use them with other palettes. Had I paid with my hard earned dollars it would have been exchanged the very same day for something else.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Just got it and love it!! Definitely going to buy again when if runs out!!