Urban Decay NAKED2

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Urban Decay NAKED2

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

There's so much debate about which naked palette is the best, or which one you should get. Honestly, I have all three nakeds plus naked smokey (planning on getting Naked Heat too) and they ALL are great for different reasons. In all actuality, most people will be satisfied with any naked palette they get, but if you are on a budget and only want one, it just depends on what you want the palette to do for you.
Personally, I think naked two is great as an everyday, subtle, wearable palette. I work in the medical field, and don't wear much makeup on a daily basis- just enough to look awake and polished. This palette is fantastic for that, and I find myself reaching for it day in and day out while getting ready for work in the mornings. All the shimmer shades are gorgeous, and bootycall is a fantastic inner corner highlight(probably one of my favorites I've ever tried). Chopper is another standout for me because it is such a pretty goldeny/pink shade. The fact that there is a matte black included is just a heaven sent. Blackout is so handy to use as a liner, and it can deepen any daytime look to nighttime in a snap.
If you're looking for bold, trendy, eye-popping colors, I would suggest a different palette. But this one is fantastic for your wearable, everyday, timeless and classic looks. True to Urban Decay form the shadows are high quality. They blend well and last all day when used with a primer. I wouldn't say they're as creamy and pigmented as kat von d or lorac, or even anastasia beverly hills, but they are high quality shadows. You can't really go wrong.

on 12/1/2016 6:54:00 AM

Overall, a very nice neutral/bronze palette. Comes with a lot of nice shimmery lid shades, so it's a great everyday palette for people with fair skin like me. There are only two matte shades, so if you're not into shimmers, this is not for you.

The packaging is very nice - sturdy tin case with a large mirror inside and comes with a double-ended brush. I personally like the brush that comes with this, so it's very easy to grab everything and slap it on in the morning.

For the price, I feel like you can find palettes that are much more versatile with more colours. There's enough product to last you years, so definitely make sure the colours are for you before dropping big bucks on this. I enjoy this palette a lot, but I have no qualms calling it overpriced.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

For reference, I am NW10-15ish. I love, love, love this palette. After reading many reviews over the Naked, Naked 2, and Naked 3 palettes I decided Naked 2 would be most likely to work the best with my coloring.

The colors in this palette tend to be a little more cool toned than the other Naked palettes I mentioned. However, I think these shades would look nice on anyone. The colors are very well pigmented, apply smoothly and feel buttery. I noticed some reviews complaining they did not last long on the lid; I always apply them over an eyeshadow primer (currently using the Wet n Wild Fergie one, which I believe may be discontinued). The colors blend very well without simply muddying up one another.

I use this palette several times a week and bought it nearly a year ago. I have not hit pan on any of the shadows yet. The brush that comes with it is actually pretty nice, but I do not use it often. My one complaint is that I experience quite a bit of fallout when applying, so I either do my foundation after my eyeshadow OR hold up a tissue under my eye when applying. I am tempted to give it 4 lippies instead of 5 because of this, but I just get so much use out of this palette I feel it needs 5. :)

I would gladly repurchase this palette, and I don't think I've ever said that about any palette from any brand before. :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My first nudes pallete, so I do not have much to compare it to. It's great. I've had it for over a year and use it on a regular basis (maybe 3-4 times a week) and still haven't hit pan yet. Has great colour pay off, minimal fallout, buttery texture and stays all day paired with Lime Crimes eyeshadow helper. The brush is pretty good for blending, as well.
The only reason I'm giving it a 4 instead of 5 is that it only has one matte shade, which I struggle with blending for some reason.

I really really like it but wouldn't buy it again because there are so so so many other nude palletes out there to try.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Like so many others, I live for this palette. To be fair, I mostly use the first four shades, because I'm super fair and my day-to-day makeup routine is pretty basic. Using just those shades almost daily, the palette has lasted me SUCH a long time! An excellent buy, even if it was more expensive.

I've been a MUA for a few different small movies, and its easy to find a natural pick for any skin tone. A slight shimmer gives great definition, and catches light without looking like a disco ball.

It's insane how versatile the shades are, I even use the matte brown for my brows!

Definitely a top 5 pick for my makeup bag.

on 6/11/2016 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This palette has too many dark shades and not enough light and mid range shades. It also has only a couple of matte shades, which is disappointing. I had heard very good things about this palette so I decided to pull the trigger and get it. When I got it home, I was very upset because I wouldn't be able to use most of the shades. I'm at an age when I no longer wear dark eye shadow, which is incredibly aging. So the fact that this palette is composed of mostly dark shades is upsetting. There are a couple of shimmery light shades that I can use on the lid as an all over color, and two white shades that will work as highlighters. But other than this, this palette is a waste. So I'm returning it to Ulta and will exchange it for one of the Naked quads, probably the cooler one. I'll be happier with shades that I can actually use, not just look at and think pretty. I've been looking for a light bronzy shade that I can wear all over the lid as a daytime color, preferably something with a little shimmer. But my eyes are deep set so using darker colors in the crease isn't flattering and just makes me look tired. I also don't want something that's terribly warm, because my skin tone is rather cool. I thought a couple of the shades in the Naked 2 palette would work but they're much darker than I thought (at least they were when I swatched them on my arm). I have the Naked 3 palette and love it and use it often. It makes my hazel eyes pop. But again, I don't use the darker shades in that palette either. But the rosy shimmer shades are quite pretty on me. But the Naked 2 palette is an entirely different animal. Although I love the consistency of UD shadows, the colors just won't do for me. So back it goes, which is a waste but better than keeping something I paid a lot of money for but would likely never use. My search goes on for a light bronze shade. I recommend this palette if you like dark shimmery shadows and will actually use them in your daily life. They're pretty to stare at and to swatch but won't work on my eyes. It's a shame. I've been lemming this palette for some time. But things change when new facts come to light.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

So I've always wanted an Urban Decay Naked palette. After looking at all 4 they offer, I decided that I liked the Naked 2 colors the best. I have neutral toned skin so luckily I can pull off warm or cool eye shadows (this one is more cool toned). I don't regret buying this product & I am pleased with it. I do however wish the colors showed up more on the lid (yes I use a primer). The price is also not worth it so that's why I would not repurchase this again.

on 11/10/2015 11:29:00 PM

I've had this palette for quite a while now and I really like it. The shades in it are so nice and pretty pigmented! My absolute favourite is "half baked", which is a shimmery gold colour. I also love how this (and the other naked palettes) comes with the double ended brush. My only complaint is that the packaging isn't super sturdy. Seeing as this isn't even a complaint about the quality of the makeup, it's safe to say this palette is one of my favourites.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

If you are a minimalist like myself who really only wants one eyeshadow palette, then this could be the one for you! Due to the high price point, I'd recommend you go to a Sephora or Ulta to swatch it and see the colors in person for yourself before investing in this palette.

For me, this palette offers the perfect mix of matte, satin, shimmer, and metallic shades. The colors when swatched are BEAUTIFUL. Yes, there can be some fallout. But this is easily avoidable by tapping the brush a few times after dipping it in the shadow, then you won't have any fallout at all. Speaking of the brush, I use it all the time... it's good quality. The eyeshadows don't apply patchy and are easy to blend. You can create so many looks using this one palette.

The packaging is sleek and not bulky or problematic, especially if it's the only or one of the only palettes you own. I have carried this palette around in my purse and have never had it be an issue. Seems like it would be good to travel with since the packaging is also very sturdy.

Two other pros are that Urban Decay is a cruelty free brand, and also when I received this palette it came with some primer samples that actually lasted quite a while.

on 5/26/2015 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This palette is not even close to worth the hype. These shadows have fallout like you wouldn't believe. I HAVE to hold a kleenex under my eyes applying them. HAVE to. They're all VERY powdery and not pigmented in the slightest. Everything can be easily duped. The brush that comes with it is nice I guess, and the packaging is decent, although they took a step down by not having the velvet in this one. The colours are all grayed out and more "blah", the first naked palette is definitely superior and more universal. Just speakin' the truth. ;)