Urban Decay NAKED2

Filtered by hair type : Other
Urban Decay NAKED2

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

PROS:
- amazing pigmentation
- good selection of neutral colours, although they tend to run cool
- very easy to blend, yet doesn't blend out into ashy nothingness

I love this naked palette the best, it is cool toned neutrals, and I find this the easiest to wear of all the naked palettes. I also love this packaging with the metal tin and snap closure, I didn't like the velvet of the first one, got dirty AF :( pigment is super rich, very smooth formula, blends wonderfully.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This palette is great for cool toned skin. The pigments are quite nice, some shades needing a heavier hand to get colour pay-off.

The colour 'Chopper' is my favourite, although there is a medium amount of fallout. These glitter shades work best when my brush is wet, which gives a 'foiled' look. I reach for the colour 'Tease' the most as it acts as a nice cool-toned transition. Another favourite is 'Blackout' as I mainly use it to mattify my eyeliner and smoke out my lash line.

The packaging is simple yet sleek, a muted gold colour. It has a secure closure and is quite sturdy- good for travel.

A pleasing, everyday palette, for neutral to nighttime looks.

on 2/20/2016 10:31:00 AM

Good palette overall. Nothing to say about it. However, I only use 2 or 3 colors since I reach for other palettes when I do my makeup. The pigmentation is amazing, the texture too. I wouldn't repurchase it though because I don't use it that often!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've been watching youtube for a few years now and these naked palettes were hyped by everyone and ever since then, I was eyeing the palettes. Since they are way more expensive then they should be, I knew that I needed to pick one that I would use every day. After months of watching video reviews, I finally went with the Naked 2. The reason why it appealed to me so much was that it has a lot of fun, shimmery lid colors for natural, daytime looks. I'm the type of person who likes having fun, mid-tone everyday lid colors to just put on and go. My favorite colors are foxy, half baked, suspect and ydk. I think this palette is good for school and work and you can create a lot of fun looks with it. My only complaints are that it's overpriced for what it is, and there aren't enough matte shades in it. I have a few matte palettes that I can use with the Naked 2 but there should be matte crease shades in the palette itself.. Overall this is a nice palette for every day wear and it's good for cool toned skin.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is what all this hype is about? A bunch of generic metallic (not really neutral but whatever) eyeshadows. When I think of a good nude palette, shimmers aren't what comes to mind. I think of matte, sculpting shadows, or at the least "discreet" and "travel-friendly". This palette, in particular, is a grab bag of pinks, golds, silvers and some "taupe shades".

I should have mentioned in that since I have a warmer undertone, cooler gray shades will tend to clash with my undertone. With that being said, It doesn't mean that I can't use cooler-toned eyeshadows. A great example of a useable and WOC-friendly palette is the Marvelous Mauve palette from Dose of Colors. These cool-toned plummy mauves blend like a dream, and I get utility out of every shade. The texture of the eyeshadows is creamy, soft, albeit there's some pickup due to the striations in the palette. It's almost a creamy sort of eyeshadow.

If it wasn't the crappy quality of the eyeshadows, then the packaging would probably be the straw that broke the camel's back. Generally speaking, metallic packaging equates to higher quality, but certainly not in this case. It could be completely possible that I got a dud but not only were the eyeshadow pans did not adhere properly, and I found that the metal collects a lot of dirt and grime, which is disgusting, and the mirror broke. The magnetic clasp was weak as well.

There were too few matte shadows and a lot of unusable shimmery and glittery shades. I found Foxy and Tease pulled way too gray and ashy on my browbone, and forget about transition/crease shades. People who love and own any of the Naked Palettes will agree that there is a ton of fallout, and for 54 dollars, that is not acceptable nor cost-effective.

I think that the biggest selling point of this palette, despite the rising cost is the fact you get "12 full-sized eyeshadows". But the truth is that even if I liked the quality of the eyeshadows and used this every day, it would take me forever to hit pan on one of the eyeshadows. In comparison, the DoC Marvelous Mauves palette is more cohesive and well-thought out. It's travel-friendly, and effortless which is what a neutral palette should be. It's also 32 dollars and you get a respectable amount of product, but it's a product that you know you will go and reach for. I found that despite the quality, the packaging is not travel-friendly of course, and all-in-all mediocre.

on 11/24/2015 12:38:00 AM

Compared to naked 1, this is darker, smokier and more cool toned. and just liked Naked 1, i love it.

Urban decay have such great quality eyeshadows that are pigmented, long wearing and true to colour.

All the colours are nice, some I like more than others.

Overall if you all three naked paletters you are set for for all the colours you need. I realised when I moved I had a make up problem. So I stopped buying stuff, got rid of most of my makeup and now I just stick to the UD naked palettes and my MakeupGeek eyeshadow pans and I am set. I don't need anything else.

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I love everything in this palette I just wish more matte shades. It's wearable day time to night time just add more drama to it and ta-da ready to go to parties. Very pigmented, some are bit dust/powdery but just tap it off and it will work just fine.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love this palette! Urban Decay does not test on animals and they make good cosmetics. The eye shadow shades are beautiful and you can do dramatic or natural eye makeup using this palette. My favorite eye shadow palette :)

My favorite eye shadow palette :) Beautiful colors and worth the price. Lasts a long time! :) You can create natural eye makeup looks and dramatic ones with this palette :)