Urban Decay NAKED2

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Urban Decay NAKED2

4.2

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

This was the first palette I bought when I started experimenting with eye shadows, and it remains the only eye shadow palette I own because I keep a contrived rule of finishing or tossing items before purchasing anything similar.
Thanks to that, this palette has become my ball and chain throughout the years, because despite it having a reputation for being cool/neutral toned (clashing with my warm/olive skin), I can't find anything wrong with it that would make me wholeheartedly dislike it enough to throw away a $66 CAD splurge. Jokes aside, the colours can complement warmer skin tones well, so long as they're used alongside other colours that bring warmth.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I don't normally buy eyeshadow (because I own way too much), but I got a chance to buy this one discounted and felt it was too good to pass up.

I love love love the colour palette, I'm quite neutral myself - warm tones in summer and cool tones in summer, and this works for both. The pigmentation is quite light, but buildable - I actually like that, because I tend to go with very natural looks in the daytime and heavy sparkly looks in the evening. If I go traveling and can only take one palette, this is the one, since it's versatile enough. I also like that it includes black and two highlight shades - one matt and one shimmery.

I find I'm quite picky with brushes. This one is quite harsh on pressed powder and lifts a lot of product from the palette, but there's quite a lot of fallout from the brush itself. That said, I like the shape/cut, it makes actual application dead easy.

Packaging: After having destroyed many a palette in my handbag, it's nice to see something that can take some hits and still survive.

I wouldn't necessarily repurchase for the original price, but on a discount I probably would.

If I could only use one palette it would probably be it!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

There's so much debate about which naked palette is the best, or which one you should get. Honestly, I have all three nakeds plus naked smokey (planning on getting Naked Heat too) and they ALL are great for different reasons. In all actuality, most people will be satisfied with any naked palette they get, but if you are on a budget and only want one, it just depends on what you want the palette to do for you.
Personally, I think naked two is great as an everyday, subtle, wearable palette. I work in the medical field, and don't wear much makeup on a daily basis- just enough to look awake and polished. This palette is fantastic for that, and I find myself reaching for it day in and day out while getting ready for work in the mornings. All the shimmer shades are gorgeous, and bootycall is a fantastic inner corner highlight(probably one of my favorites I've ever tried). Chopper is another standout for me because it is such a pretty goldeny/pink shade. The fact that there is a matte black included is just a heaven sent. Blackout is so handy to use as a liner, and it can deepen any daytime look to nighttime in a snap.
If you're looking for bold, trendy, eye-popping colors, I would suggest a different palette. But this one is fantastic for your wearable, everyday, timeless and classic looks. True to Urban Decay form the shadows are high quality. They blend well and last all day when used with a primer. I wouldn't say they're as creamy and pigmented as kat von d or lorac, or even anastasia beverly hills, but they are high quality shadows. You can't really go wrong.

This is probably my least favourite of all the Naked palettes. I don't find it to be significantly different from number 1 in terms of basics, nor is it anything special or unique, like 3 and Smoky are. I think if I didn't have 1, I would like this for traveling but I usually just pick up whichever one is nearer when I need one to take on the go. Nothing special but I do think having one of either 1 or 2 is a useful tool in your makeup kit.

First of all, the packaging is stunning and I love the size of the mirror. The double sided brush is perfect. One side is great for packing on eyeshadow, and the other side works well for blending.

I love the pigmentation of of the shadows and the colours are absolutely beautiful.

HOWEVER I find that the shadows don't last long at all. They crease terribly on me (my skin is pretty oily).

I find myself reaching for my Shaaanxo palette more even though it only cost $14 because it actually lasts on me.

Love this palette. It got all the right colours and the glitters are absolutely beautiful! The pigment is good and the packaging is cute and simple.
Would definitely repurchase.

on 12/1/2016 6:54:00 AM

Overall, a very nice neutral/bronze palette. Comes with a lot of nice shimmery lid shades, so it's a great everyday palette for people with fair skin like me. There are only two matte shades, so if you're not into shimmers, this is not for you.

The packaging is very nice - sturdy tin case with a large mirror inside and comes with a double-ended brush. I personally like the brush that comes with this, so it's very easy to grab everything and slap it on in the morning.

For the price, I feel like you can find palettes that are much more versatile with more colours. There's enough product to last you years, so definitely make sure the colours are for you before dropping big bucks on this. I enjoy this palette a lot, but I have no qualms calling it overpriced.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

PROS:
- amazing pigmentation
- good selection of neutral colours, although they tend to run cool
- very easy to blend, yet doesn't blend out into ashy nothingness

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Urban decay eyeshadow palettes are so overrated! I've used much better quality shadows with a much lower price tag. I only gave into the hype because I've always wanted to own one and when I saw this item on sale I had to get it. My oh my the regrets.. Immediately I thought: meh. They aren't very pigmented when applied on the eyelids. For the price that it is I'd expect much more. The shadows itself are also pretty small, you don't get a lot of product. Thankfully there are better palettes out there and I can sell away or give this overrated palette away.

Try other palettes like those from Zoeva, Juvia's Nubian Palettes, Makeup Geek shadows, ABH and so much more. Seriously don't waste your money on this!