Urban Decay NAKED2

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Urban Decay NAKED2

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 1/4/2017 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is a great palette full of beautiful colours.
This was my first UD palette purchase and I umm'd and ahhh'd over this or naked3 (got both in the end). Glad I bought this, though honestly I use naked3 more often. Not to say this isn't gorgeous though.
I love the colours and I find myself using most of them. The darker brown shades less so, they dont really work with my colouring. A lot of 'must have' shades though.

Excellent quality, too- doesnt crease, lasts all day. Highly pigmented and great colour payoff. Primer that it comes with is brilliant, too.
Can be used to make so many different looks from work appropriate to sexy date night perfect. The lighter shades can also be used as a facial highlighter, too- if you use carefully.
Great palette and beauty product staple. Worth the price. Highly recommend this!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My first nudes pallete, so I do not have much to compare it to. It's great. I've had it for over a year and use it on a regular basis (maybe 3-4 times a week) and still haven't hit pan yet. Has great colour pay off, minimal fallout, buttery texture and stays all day paired with Lime Crimes eyeshadow helper. The brush is pretty good for blending, as well.
The only reason I'm giving it a 4 instead of 5 is that it only has one matte shade, which I struggle with blending for some reason.

I really really like it but wouldn't buy it again because there are so so so many other nude palletes out there to try.

on 8/5/2015 11:11:00 PM

I was so, so disappointed with this palette. It's not even available in my country except unauthorized retailers so I had a friend bring me it from overseas and DID I MENTION I'M DISAPPOINTED?

The packaging is beautiful. The case reminds me of those pencil tins I had at school a million years ago and I always for some odd reason loved them. The palette itself is beautiful, the names of some of the eyeshadows make me laugh but when I tried to use the actual eyeshadow I found it nowhere near as pigmented as it claimed to be.

Maybe my eyelids are too pale, but I saw no effect of the bootycall (lightest shade) no matter how many layers I tried to cake on it (I was going for a smokey eye but when the base layer won't cooperate it seems hopeless). The blackest black is a misnomer, and the overall shadows seemed too shimmery even if they're supposed to be half matte. The glitter is out of control, once you layer on a shimmery layer over matte, bye bye matte.

I did like snakebite and tease (med and light brown shades) but they were only 2/12 shades.

The brush that comes with the palette is too broad for me, I prefer a thinner brush so I have more control.

on 7/18/2015 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

Love this palette as compared to the other ones. The packaging is better than 1 but the colors have a mix which are good for a day & night out. Perfect for ur travels cos u don't need to carry anything but this !

I'm glad that I got this palette for a present. I own all 3 naked palettes, and this one is my least favorite. It's supposed to be a cooler toned palette, but has Half Baked and Chopper in it, which are more warm toned, and if you already own Naked 1 then you have Half Baked (which I'm okay with, but for some people, it might not be ideal). I also feel that there is no great transition color, or at least not for my fair skin, because Tease is too dark. I will say that Foxy is a great matte brow bone color though, and Blackout wears well as liner.

For me, I guess, this palette just doesn't look cohesive. The shades almost just don't seem to go together, or maybe I'm just not as inspired by them. The silvers (Pistol and Verve) are great, but I have just as good drugstore silvers. I think Virgin is a better highlight shade then Bootycall too. I guess the weird mix of silvers and warm tones just seems odd to me.

I'm in the minority, but I hate the tin. The big mirror is nice, and so is not having velvet, but I prefer the cardboard packaging style of the original. My friend barely knocked hers over and broke one of the slots to shut it. I like magnetic closures better.

Overall, I guess I'm just underwhelmed by the Naked 2. I still use it, but almost always with something else, with this more of an accent. If I were to lose this, I think I would just pick up the Naked Smokey instead.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

This is an ok eyeshadow palette. The eyeshadows are definitely pigmented and creamy but there is just so much fallout! I have never experienced the same level of fallout with another eyeshadow. I also don't like the colours in the palette that much, the rose-brown tones in the Naked 3 palette are more suited to the sort of eyeshadow colours that I normally wear but I got this as a present so I didn't get to choose unfortunately. But that is just personal taste. That said, I think 'Booty Call' is about the best highlight eyeshadow I have ever seen or used, and the black shade is great too. Overall, its an ok palette but I have better palettes and just never reach for this one.

on 12/12/2014 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool

So I ended up repurchasing this palette after I sold/practically gave away my first palette when I was moving. My reasoning at the time was that as a collector of palettes, especially neutral types; this one felt extraneous. I also felt like it was too metallic and washing me out. Naturally as a makeup hoarder I ended up regretting rendering my Naked collection incomplete and started researching and watching tutorials on the Naked 2 before deciding to repurchase with my Sephora VIB $20 discount gift card. So at least I didn't have to spend the ridiculous 54 dollars on this. Now I wish I had worked with it more because so far I am really appreciating this palette now. I have light olive skin with cool undertones, brown eyes and my natural brown hair with a tinge of red, and compared to all my warmer neutrals this is a refreshing and flattering cooler toned palette for me.

Mini personal story aside, this palette is quite nice in terms of quality, color selection/uniqueness and packaging. The shadows are very pigmented, easy to blend and apply. As Urban Decay shadows go there is fall out when initially applying but not throughout the day.I really prefer the tin style case that snaps shut rather than the Naked 1's cardboard and felt packaging.

Despite complimenting this palette's color selection, I did decide to give this a 4/5 rating partially because some colors are not much my cup of tea; nor did I feel they fit the greige and taupe theme that Urban Decay was going for. The first would be Half-Baked, a repeat from the first Naked. I can't really wear yellowy golds so I wasn't pleased to see it appear a second time. I only wear it in the first palette if I pair it with Gunmetal.The other color I'm not thrilled about is Chopper. I would like this rosy light bronze shade in theory except it simply looks orangey on my skintone. If I want rose-golds I go to the Naked 3. Also, I don't use matte black very often. I wish they had put a cool-toned dark brown in Blackout's place. Then I could use it lightly in the crease and as a liner. When I use Blackout now to darken my crease I feel it starts to make my eyeshadow take on too much of a charcoal grey look. I do use it as eyeliner if I'm in a hurry so it isn't completely useless. The other reason this received a 4 rating is because the price keeps increasing. It is currently 54 dollars, when I first bought it 3 years ago it was 50 dollars. Too Faced's Chocolate Bar is $49, and Lorac's Pro is still at $42, and I consider the quality of those brands to be pretty close to Urban Decay's.

Negatives out of the way, the rest of the colors are pretty, work well together and are surprisingly still unique in my neutrals collection. I finally figured out how to work with this palette's metallic lighter shades, and now they look pretty and don't wash me out. So far I have been pairing Verve with Busted, Suspect with SnakeBite, Bootycall with Pistol, and YDK with Busted. For all these looks I tend to use Tease in the crease, the lighter color on the lid, the darkest color to darken the crease and lining under my eyes, and Foxy and BootyCall to highlight. I try to keep my eye makeup relatively simple because I don't have time nor do I feel it is necessary to use 3 shades on the lid with another 4 in the crease.

on 12/6/2014 8:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was my first large palette and Urban Decay and I was not disappointed. I didn't really experiment with eyeshadow until I got this, I used to just stick to grey, silver and black. Now I experiment every day, I have the Naked 1 and the Naked basics 2 and I wouldn't use another brand now, they are gorgeous.
The texture of them are so soft and easy to blend.. I'm not the most skilled eye makeup applier but I do a great job with these.
I don't rate the brush but I never do like the applicators that you get in makeup sets, no matter what the price. I use my trusty Real Techniques base shadow brush and a Mac 217 and find that it is a perfect partnership.
I have only just purchased Naked 1 so I can't really compare the 2 yet but the colours look beautiful in all 3 sets..I'm not sure that I will get Naked 3 because it looks too pink for me.
It seems pricey at 37 but the 12 shadows last forever and the packaging is both fancy and practical.
I can't recommend this palette enough, it's great!

I own all three Naked palettes, but I can honestly say that this is the one that I reach for the most.

I have blonde hair, green eyes and very fair, cool toned skin, and I always found it difficult to find shadows that weren't too warm toned for my complexion. This is where the Urban Decay Naked 2 comes in. The shades are gorgeously cool toned (my favourites being Snakebite and Verve), and compliment my deep green eyes wonderfully. I personally quite like that there's a good mix of shimmer and matte shades in the palette, as this gives it a lot of versatility for me - I can create a subtle day look or a dramatic smokey eye, and everything in between.

The formulation of the shadows is what impressed me the most about this palette. They are buttery, smooth and super pigmented, as well as being very easy to work with, which is a huge selling point for me. They blend easily, and the brush that's included in the palette is amazing! The flat end of the brush is great for packing colour onto the lid, while the fluffy blending end is fantastic for blending out the shadows to create a pretty, seamless look. The packaging is both pretty and sturdy, and gives the satisfying "click" when it snaps closed. My only real complaint is that the primer potion samples are little pods instead of a travel size now. Don't get me wrong, I'll get a lot of use out of them, and I think they're quite generous, but I think the travel size with older versions was a better deal.

Go get this palette!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I got the Naked 2 palette today after taking back Naked 3 and wow I love it. The colours are pigmented and show up lovely on my brown eyes..there are some gorgeous golds, beige and browns! I have a feeling I'll be using it a lot, especially Bootycall. It's expensive but worth it I think. You can do the smokey look with the dark colours but I like a nice base on the eye with a darker shadow in my crease!..great for hooded eyes like mine! This is much better than Naked 3 for my olive skin. You couldn't even tell you had any eyeshadow on with that Naked 3, I ended up putting loads on and there was dust everywhere. I'm really happy with Naked 2.