Urban Decay NAKED2

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Urban Decay NAKED2

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

There's so much debate about which naked palette is the best, or which one you should get. Honestly, I have all three nakeds plus naked smokey (planning on getting Naked Heat too) and they ALL are great for different reasons. In all actuality, most people will be satisfied with any naked palette they get, but if you are on a budget and only want one, it just depends on what you want the palette to do for you.
Personally, I think naked two is great as an everyday, subtle, wearable palette. I work in the medical field, and don't wear much makeup on a daily basis- just enough to look awake and polished. This palette is fantastic for that, and I find myself reaching for it day in and day out while getting ready for work in the mornings. All the shimmer shades are gorgeous, and bootycall is a fantastic inner corner highlight(probably one of my favorites I've ever tried). Chopper is another standout for me because it is such a pretty goldeny/pink shade. The fact that there is a matte black included is just a heaven sent. Blackout is so handy to use as a liner, and it can deepen any daytime look to nighttime in a snap.
If you're looking for bold, trendy, eye-popping colors, I would suggest a different palette. But this one is fantastic for your wearable, everyday, timeless and classic looks. True to Urban Decay form the shadows are high quality. They blend well and last all day when used with a primer. I wouldn't say they're as creamy and pigmented as kat von d or lorac, or even anastasia beverly hills, but they are high quality shadows. You can't really go wrong.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Urban decay eyeshadow palettes are so overrated! I've used much better quality shadows with a much lower price tag. I only gave into the hype because I've always wanted to own one and when I saw this item on sale I had to get it. My oh my the regrets.. Immediately I thought: meh. They aren't very pigmented when applied on the eyelids. For the price that it is I'd expect much more. The shadows itself are also pretty small, you don't get a lot of product. Thankfully there are better palettes out there and I can sell away or give this overrated palette away.

Try other palettes like those from Zoeva, Juvia's Nubian Palettes, Makeup Geek shadows, ABH and so much more. Seriously don't waste your money on this!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This palette is great for cool toned skin. The pigments are quite nice, some shades needing a heavier hand to get colour pay-off.

The colour 'Chopper' is my favourite, although there is a medium amount of fallout. These glitter shades work best when my brush is wet, which gives a 'foiled' look. I reach for the colour 'Tease' the most as it acts as a nice cool-toned transition. Another favourite is 'Blackout' as I mainly use it to mattify my eyeliner and smoke out my lash line.

The packaging is simple yet sleek, a muted gold colour. It has a secure closure and is quite sturdy- good for travel.

A pleasing, everyday palette, for neutral to nighttime looks.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Best palette ever love it💖

on 1/10/2016 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

If you've never owned any other high end palettes this will be a good product for you. I have a pretty large collection with palettes being my soft spot. I finally broke down and bought this one because I didn't own a naked palette yet. I felt like I needed one in my collection. The shadows are ok, not to soft there's not a ton of kick back or fall out, they wear for a long time, and blend well. I find they crease fast than some other shadows I own and I feel like the pigmentation isn't on par with the price range. In my opinion, for the money I'd go with kat von d or lorac over the naked palettes.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I decided to buy this for the cooler hues in this palette. I did not like the naked3 as much and I don't own the first one. I have to say this is much more suitable for my skin tone and really flatters me. I think these have good pigmentation although I still need to use an eye primer on my oily lids. Great for building a smoky eye or for an everyday look. Some are quite shimmery so if you are looking for something matte, I would consider the Basic palettes of the line.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Overall I really like this palette. I loved it when I first bought it, but then I bought the Chocolate Bar by Too Faced and Naked2 got bumped to the back burner. I still use it every now and then but I probably won't repurchase. I really love a few of the colors but a couple I just can't find a way to use. I don't use it often enough to justify paying another $54 for the 2 or 3 shades I use. That being said, the shadows are very pigmented and creamy. I was very impressed with the formula on the matte shades. I love the quality of the shadows but the some of the shades just aren't that great.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Thought it was a really nice eye shadow that genuinely last quite a long time. Its really beautiful too with a palette of color and range. Beautiful love it. Last ages too

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

The colours aren't very pigmented and it's very silvery. I am disappointed at how all the light colours (including Chopper and Suspect) have such little colour payoff. It's like GLITTER FIRST then colour second. Which sucks because, for the looks I want to create, I have to remember that the silver glitter appears first THEN I have to patch more colours. It's hard to work with. Then all the silver falls on my cheeks.

When blending, the glitter goes everywhere. I have to apply more just to get the colour to show up, but blending takes away the colour quickly. Thus leaving behind more silver. Thus I have to reapply the colour. It's a mess! But the colours are beautiful when they work, I like Snakebite and YDK a lot. I find I'm not very creative with Naked2, most of the colours work alone and don't work together. I have to pull colours from other palettes and other brands to finish my looks.

Compared to Naked:
Naked is warmer and it works well on my warm-toned, light Chinese skin (C3 with Face & Body Foundation). I find Naked to be much more glamorous than everyday. In fact I use Naked2 during daytime a lot more but the Naked2 looks aren't that special. I enjoy and have fun with the Naked palette, I love the smokey glam Naked creates, and I find Naked's daytime looks to be more elegant than Naked2. The looks I create from Naked2 are simple, casual, and it's probably my warm skin but I can't be glam with Naked2! The golds in Naked work better on me than the grey-based colours in Naked2.

I do prefer the lighter colours on Naked2 than Naked.

Compared to Naked3:
Naked3 also works better on my warm skin, it's rose/pink and it makes me look girly/pretty-type of casual. I love the smokey looks I create with Naked3, they look more natural on me. Naked2's smokey looks are too silvery and glittery, almost white. It makes my eyes stand out a lot but in a bad way.

So yeah it's not my favourite palette. But it's my palette of choice as a gift for my aunt (45 years old but looks 30, beautiful light (cool-toned) Chinese skin, works and lives in Hong Kong) since it's so casual. Naked palette is darker and intimidating! She really enjoys Naked2.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Great colors featuring peaches, roses and shades of bronze. Unfortunately, this eyeshadow is not very good for sensitive eyes. My eyes are always irritated after applying it. It seems to be very powdery and goes everywhere. After blending for a long time, it does last. For $54, there are a lot of colors but it's not the right product for me.