Urban Decay NAKED2

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Urban Decay NAKED2

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

This is probably my least favourite of all the Naked palettes. I don't find it to be significantly different from number 1 in terms of basics, nor is it anything special or unique, like 3 and Smoky are. I think if I didn't have 1, I would like this for traveling but I usually just pick up whichever one is nearer when I need one to take on the go. Nothing special but I do think having one of either 1 or 2 is a useful tool in your makeup kit.

First of all, the packaging is stunning and I love the size of the mirror. The double sided brush is perfect. One side is great for packing on eyeshadow, and the other side works well for blending.

I love the pigmentation of of the shadows and the colours are absolutely beautiful.

HOWEVER I find that the shadows don't last long at all. They crease terribly on me (my skin is pretty oily).

I find myself reaching for my Shaaanxo palette more even though it only cost $14 because it actually lasts on me.

This product is over hyped. The shadows do not blend. They are also very patchy. I've heard the same about the others.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

For reference, I am NW10-15ish. I love, love, love this palette. After reading many reviews over the Naked, Naked 2, and Naked 3 palettes I decided Naked 2 would be most likely to work the best with my coloring.

The colors in this palette tend to be a little more cool toned than the other Naked palettes I mentioned. However, I think these shades would look nice on anyone. The colors are very well pigmented, apply smoothly and feel buttery. I noticed some reviews complaining they did not last long on the lid; I always apply them over an eyeshadow primer (currently using the Wet n Wild Fergie one, which I believe may be discontinued). The colors blend very well without simply muddying up one another.

I use this palette several times a week and bought it nearly a year ago. I have not hit pan on any of the shadows yet. The brush that comes with it is actually pretty nice, but I do not use it often. My one complaint is that I experience quite a bit of fallout when applying, so I either do my foundation after my eyeshadow OR hold up a tissue under my eye when applying. I am tempted to give it 4 lippies instead of 5 because of this, but I just get so much use out of this palette I feel it needs 5. :)

I would gladly repurchase this palette, and I don't think I've ever said that about any palette from any brand before. :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

PROS:
- amazing pigmentation
- good selection of neutral colours, although they tend to run cool
- very easy to blend, yet doesn't blend out into ashy nothingness

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought an authentic Naked 2 palette off of Poshmark, and I absolutely love it! I can't wait to get the Naked 3 and Naked Smoky next. These eyeshadows are definitely cooler toned, which is perfect for me. I'm happy with the variety of these shadows, and they are so pigmented and smooth and velvety! I definitely use this just as much as I use the original Naked, so if you're a cool-toned girl like me, it's worth the investment.

I bought my first Naked2 palette a few months after it came out. I loved everything about it: the colors, the finish, the blendability, the wear... I didn't have a single complaint about it. It was the perfect palette for me and I used it every single day. In fact, I used up the palette - the whole damn thing. I considered buying other Naked palettes, but because I loved N2 so much, I decided to buy a new one about 6 months ago.

And it was terrible.

The previously smooth, buttery texture was now drier and chalkier. The shadows seemed less pigmented, less blendable. Instead, I would work my brushes down to the ferrules to try to blend it all out, piling on the product and dusting fallout everywhere as I went (a problem I hadn't had with my first palette), and I would end up with a mediocre, muddy mess. Gone was the beautiful, striking look that this palette used to give me.

Thinking I'd gotten a dud, I took it back to Ulta and exchanged it for another one. Same problems. After doing some research online, I've come to the conclusion that the quality of this palette has gone DRASTICALLY downhill since L'Oreal bought UD (my first palette was pre-L'Oreal), not to mention the fact that the price has gone up.

I've had other UD products in the past that I liked, as well, and have tried them again since the buyout with similar results. It seems as though UD's overall quality as a brand has suffered.

I won't be repurchasing this, or any other UD palettes/products. L'Oreal has ruined yet another thing I used to love.

on 2/20/2016 10:43:00 AM

I got rid of mine. The only matte transition shade is tease so if you don't want every look to pull super cool or purpley toned you're SIL. It's ashame bc of it had any other matte beige color, I think I would have kept it and used it way more often than I did.

UD isn't known for its matte selections but every other naked palette offers two options for matte transition or crease shades, and this one doesn't.

I don't mind pulling in shades from other palettes to create a look on occasion but I won't keep a palette that I don't feel I can use by itself.

I appreciated a lot of the shades: bootycall, verve, chopper, half baked... But I won't repurchase

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've been watching youtube for a few years now and these naked palettes were hyped by everyone and ever since then, I was eyeing the palettes. Since they are way more expensive then they should be, I knew that I needed to pick one that I would use every day. After months of watching video reviews, I finally went with the Naked 2. The reason why it appealed to me so much was that it has a lot of fun, shimmery lid colors for natural, daytime looks. I'm the type of person who likes having fun, mid-tone everyday lid colors to just put on and go. My favorite colors are foxy, half baked, suspect and ydk. I think this palette is good for school and work and you can create a lot of fun looks with it. My only complaints are that it's overpriced for what it is, and there aren't enough matte shades in it. I have a few matte palettes that I can use with the Naked 2 but there should be matte crease shades in the palette itself.. Overall this is a nice palette for every day wear and it's good for cool toned skin.

on 5/26/2015 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This palette is not even close to worth the hype. These shadows have fallout like you wouldn't believe. I HAVE to hold a kleenex under my eyes applying them. HAVE to. They're all VERY powdery and not pigmented in the slightest. Everything can be easily duped. The brush that comes with it is nice I guess, and the packaging is decent, although they took a step down by not having the velvet in this one. The colours are all grayed out and more "blah", the first naked palette is definitely superior and more universal. Just speakin' the truth. ;)