Urban Decay NAKED2

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Urban Decay NAKED2

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

This was the first palette I bought when I started experimenting with eye shadows, and it remains the only eye shadow palette I own because I keep a contrived rule of finishing or tossing items before purchasing anything similar.
Thanks to that, this palette has become my ball and chain throughout the years, because despite it having a reputation for being cool/neutral toned (clashing with my warm/olive skin), I can't find anything wrong with it that would make me wholeheartedly dislike it enough to throw away a $66 CAD splurge. Jokes aside, the colours can complement warmer skin tones well, so long as they're used alongside other colours that bring warmth.

If I could only use one palette it would probably be it!

on 9/23/2016 12:14:00 AM

This is the 3rd naked eyeshadow palette I bought and each one I love more and more! It blends perfectly and it is very pigmented. I never wear primer and at the end of the day it still looks exactly the same.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This eyeshadow palette is my #1, ride or die. On my old account I wrote an elaborate review so I'll try to keep it simple to avoid repetition (plus there are almost 800 reviews of this on here and tons of people have described each shade in detail). I love this palette. It's the only palette I own and the only one I feel like I need. I can create an array of looks with these twelve shades. They all have good pigmentation and blend nicely. I've used this palette soooooo many times and still haven't hit pan on a single shade.

So why wouldn't I repurchase? Because when you buy Urban Decay you support L'oreal. That may not matter to you but it matters to me since L'oreal tests on animals. When I got this palette I believe that Urban Decay hadn't been bought out by L'oreal yet, or if it was it wasn't yet common knowledge. Even though UD itself is cruelty-free, I won't buy anything from the brand anymore. Supporting Urban Decay is supporting a huge corporation that tests plenty of products on animals. So even though the products themselves may not be tested on animals, you're still indirectly supporting animal testing by supporting this brand.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Just an ok product overall. Nothing special. Had a really hard time creating an everyday look with this product. Great for smokey eye looks when you really are willing to put some effort into application. Undecided if I will rebuy.

on 6/11/2016 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This palette has too many dark shades and not enough light and mid range shades. It also has only a couple of matte shades, which is disappointing. I had heard very good things about this palette so I decided to pull the trigger and get it. When I got it home, I was very upset because I wouldn't be able to use most of the shades. I'm at an age when I no longer wear dark eye shadow, which is incredibly aging. So the fact that this palette is composed of mostly dark shades is upsetting. There are a couple of shimmery light shades that I can use on the lid as an all over color, and two white shades that will work as highlighters. But other than this, this palette is a waste. So I'm returning it to Ulta and will exchange it for one of the Naked quads, probably the cooler one. I'll be happier with shades that I can actually use, not just look at and think pretty. I've been looking for a light bronzy shade that I can wear all over the lid as a daytime color, preferably something with a little shimmer. But my eyes are deep set so using darker colors in the crease isn't flattering and just makes me look tired. I also don't want something that's terribly warm, because my skin tone is rather cool. I thought a couple of the shades in the Naked 2 palette would work but they're much darker than I thought (at least they were when I swatched them on my arm). I have the Naked 3 palette and love it and use it often. It makes my hazel eyes pop. But again, I don't use the darker shades in that palette either. But the rosy shimmer shades are quite pretty on me. But the Naked 2 palette is an entirely different animal. Although I love the consistency of UD shadows, the colors just won't do for me. So back it goes, which is a waste but better than keeping something I paid a lot of money for but would likely never use. My search goes on for a light bronze shade. I recommend this palette if you like dark shimmery shadows and will actually use them in your daily life. They're pretty to stare at and to swatch but won't work on my eyes. It's a shame. I've been lemming this palette for some time. But things change when new facts come to light.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have one eyeshadow palette and it's the only one I've ever owned: Naked2 by Urban Decay. I got this for Christmas 2014 as my first palette but I find it to be so comprehensive that I don't need another one.

1st off let me say that I use this palette OFTEN. I work 5 days a week and use it at least 2-3 of those days. I haven't hit pan on a single shade. The price point of this product is $54.00. Some might find that extravagant but given the fact that I've used this to death for the past year and a half and it's still going strong, I'd say it's worth the investment (even though I was given this as a present, as mentioned.)

In fact, if you're wanting to give someone an eyeshadow palette as a gift I'd highly recommend this one. It's something many people might not buy for themselves (as they might not be able to justify the price) but would probably end up loving.

I find all the shades to be pigmented and blendable. The formula is nice IMO. Maybe not the best out there but I have no complaints. One thing I will say is definitely tap off your brush with these before going in on the lids.

You can create so many looks. I do anything with this from sweeping one color all over the lid when in a rush to get out the door on my way to work, to elaborate smokey eye looks.

All the shades in this palette are fairly neutral so the only people I wouldn't recommend this to is someone looking for a palette that contains bright colors or someone who strongly prefers matte shadows. It is a perfect everyday neutral palette as long as you like shimmer.

I'll go through each shade:
- Foxy: this is a matte cream shade. I use it a ton all over the lid and as a browbone highlight. It neutralizes my lids perfectly and some people claim to have a problem with pigmentation on this one but I never have.
- Half Baked: a true gold shade. Metallic and shimmery. It's beautiful all over the lid.
- Bootycall: this and foxy are my most used shades in this palette. This color is a shimmery pale pink. I use this in the inner corners all the time and as a browbone highlight when I want something shimmery as opposed to something matte.
- Chopper: a gorgeous rose gold color with silver glitter. I use this all the time all over the lid. This is the one color in the palette that I still get fallout with even after tapping off my brush. It's okay though because this shade is so beautiful that it's worth the fallout.
- Tease: a pale brown matte color. Extremely versatile, perfect for a transition or crease color.
- Snakebite: a shimmery mid-tone brown.
- Suspect: a metallic beige. One of my go-tos for sweeping all over the lid.
- Pistol: a metallic gunmetal grey.
- Verve: a shimmery silver. I really love the dimension of this shade.
- YDK: possibly my favorite color in the entire palette. It's a highly metallic cool-toned bronze. Looks insane on the lid.
- Busted: a shimmery dark brown.
- Blackout: matte black. I've seen some reviewers say they have problems with this shade and they find it to come across more grey than black, but I find it to be super intense, personally.

This palette comes with an amazing brush which I use daily and the packaging is sturdy and substantial.

on 4/24/2016 10:11:00 PM

Don't buy into the hype. This is a decent palette at best. Urban Decay's NAKED palettes are decent, but so, so far from perfect. Maybe they're good from the price point, but you can find much, much, MUCH better eyeshadows from certain other luxury brands. I was at first so excited when I bought NAKED2; it swatched so, so beautifully. Better than even my holy grail eyeshadows. It seemed so pigmented, so finely milled. I've had it for about a month now and I've tried many different eye looks with it, but all of them have been fails. Yes, some shades are better than others, but generally speaking, these shadows don't blend well. Mistakes are impossible to correct, and one wrong stroke will ruin your entire eye look. Certain shades like Chopper have heavy fallout. And while the shades looked so pretty on my arm, they are almost ugly once on the eyelid. It is also impossible to build up the colour, and colours such as Foxy have no pigment whatsoever. Dig your brush in Foxy as much as you want, you will never get any colour payoff. Not even with their famous primer potion, which works better on other brands. I have half a mind to give this palette away, but I think I'll keep it for those rare occasions when I don't have time for a good eye look. I might be better off powdering my eyelids with translucent powder, though.

on 12/8/2015 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great quality eyeshadows and the selection is not bad. I read someone's criticism that there aren't enough transition shades and I would have to agree. I would appreciate more matte transition shades and would actually swap one or two of the shimmer shades for perhaps a mauvey-red matte transition shade or a darker brown, but I love this palette otherwise for the blendable, smooth shadows that make application super easy.

on 9/17/2015 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Let me say one thing, my sister and I loved the idea of getting a naked palette and until I finally got my hands on it because I had the money, I realized it wasn't all that great. So I recommended her other palettes. I'm a newbie to this make up world but I love my share of good quality make up if it's worth it. I searched and searched all over if this palette was worth it. I got a 25$ gift card to sephora thanks to my high school prom and this was my first "big girl" palette. I asked the sephora girl which palette she recommends for me, she said definitely Naked 2. Didn't even hesitate to think, I guess everyone is on the Naked 2 bandwagon? But I was so excited, took it home. Then a few days later I realized I only used 3 shades. Great pigmentation! They were FOXY, TEASE and HALF BAKED. I pondered for days whether i should get Tarte's Tartlette palette since I love mattes, and I got it. AND SO WORTH IT. I wanted something that has nude colors, high pigmentation and low on bad chemicals. Something I can wear for everyday, for fancy events and even smokey looks. I saw the wonderful reviews on Too Faced Chocolate Bar. So I'll be returning my NAKED 2 palette for Too Faced.
I can't say for the other Naked palettes
By urban decay. Perhaps I'll be buying the Naked 2 palette in the future or just the other series which also look fantastic. But maybe when I'm more financially stable. But I don't want a 57$ (yes that's how much it cost) palette I'm barely going to use or that's gonna mush up into one color, because that's Naked 2 it does. I did really like Half baked, chopper, YDK (the name makes me happy) and verve. But I'll probably look for dupes in tbe future. Although the staying power was great, but I wore Smashbox's 24 Hour Eye primer (sorry again urban decay)
Hey, I'm a soon-to be college student. I'll get a better value out of the Chocolate Bar. (It has 16 shades and no parabens) Yes, Naked 2 has the primers and the brush. But I already have all that. That's OK.
THANK GOD for Sephora's return policy

Sorry NAKED fans and Urban Decay, not my cup of tea.