Urban Decay NAKED2

Urban Decay NAKED2

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 9/29/2018 1:34:00 AM

By far my favourite full sized naked palette! Works super well when I have very fair skin, and transitions easily to when I have a really solid tan! Are the colours the most unique in the world? Nope. But for us basic ladies who just want a solid neutral palette without bright red in it, it’s damn good!

on 8/18/2018 7:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This was my first UD product purchased couple years ago and I love this palette. neutral colors work great for me and my clients. I use it with UD eyeshadow primer. Beautiful, high end packaging, comes with a 2-sided brush.
pricey but worth it as it lasts forever.

on 7/20/2018 12:58:00 PM

I love it- I'm a fan of neutral shades so I love the NAKED palettes. I currently own them all including Smokey and Heat, proving that I am willing to shell out the $ for such a great product. The diversity of colors make it easy to create different looks. I also like to mix and match with my other palettes too. The cosistancy is smooth, pigminted and has great staying power- especially when paired with UD primer potions. The brush included in each palette is also very good. These shadows are worth every penny!

on 5/15/2018 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the only Urban Decay Naked palette I own. I got it for Christmas 2014 & have used it so often, it's honestly a miracle that I've only hit pan in 2 or 3 shades. This palette is perfection when it comes to a collection of neutral eyeshadows. I haven't noticed all the fallout that some people mention in recent reviews, but maybe that's because I have an older version? I tap my brush off after dipping into the shadows & only get a little bit of fallout with one shade: Chopper (a rose gold with small bits of silver glitter). My favorite way to use these eyeshadow shades is for a one-&-done work look. I can use YDK (a gorgeous super-metallic bronze) or Suspect (a shimmery light brown)... any shade really... packed on the lid & blended out, & it looks good. While I've had this palette well past it's expiration date, I've stored it properly & it still performs well. I won't repurchase though, as I've gravitated away from Urban Decay since they were bought out by L'Oreal.

on 3/24/2018 6:43:00 PM

It's definitely great for daily use, you can always find something for work or play. There is a lot of fallout - which I'm sure has been said a thousand times.

This is probably my least favorite UD palette. I like cold colors but the shimmer shades won't show up well on my eyelid, no matter if I use my finger or a brus. They are too blendable which makes them appear muddy after application. So basically your looks won't have a visible difference. The two lips are for the beautiful colors, the useful brush and the packaging.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Enjoyed the colours but the create way too much fallout and this is coming from a professional makeup artist with the correct tools and techniques. I have been working within the industry for 6+ and bought a few Urban Decay palettes due to the hype, however, I do not feel these are professional quality eyeshadows. The brush is also atrocious, you cannot use this as a blending brush. I would recommend having a tissue nearby to tap off excess product - you will need to do this multiple times. I would also highly recommend using a better quality brush, something quite soft, as the formula is very powdery. If you use something firm you will not be able to create a diffused look. It was okay, but I wouldn't repurchase it again for above reasons.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I like this palette, but I don't think it's anything revolutionary. The colour selection is good. I like the range, and the black is a bonus. I find the fall-out pretty bad, though. Even with a primer, the shadows tend to crease by the end of the day. The brush is nice. I frequently find myself wishing that the palette was a little more compact, or at least more square. I'll continue to use this palette while I have it, but I won't be repurchasing it. There are a lot of other palettes out there now with similar shade ranges, and I don't think the formula of the NAKED2 palette is good enough to prevent me from experimenting with other brands.

This was the first palette I bought when I started experimenting with eye shadows, and it remains the only eye shadow palette I own because I keep a contrived rule of finishing or tossing items before purchasing anything similar.
Thanks to that, this palette has become my ball and chain throughout the years, because despite it having a reputation for being cool/neutral toned (clashing with my warm/olive skin), I can't find anything wrong with it that would make me wholeheartedly dislike it enough to throw away a $66 CAD splurge. Jokes aside, the colours can complement warmer skin tones well, so long as they're used alongside other colours that bring warmth.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I don't normally buy eyeshadow (because I own way too much), but I got a chance to buy this one discounted and felt it was too good to pass up.

I love love love the colour palette, I'm quite neutral myself - warm tones in summer and cool tones in summer, and this works for both. The pigmentation is quite light, but buildable - I actually like that, because I tend to go with very natural looks in the daytime and heavy sparkly looks in the evening. If I go traveling and can only take one palette, this is the one, since it's versatile enough. I also like that it includes black and two highlight shades - one matt and one shimmery.

I find I'm quite picky with brushes. This one is quite harsh on pressed powder and lifts a lot of product from the palette, but there's quite a lot of fallout from the brush itself. That said, I like the shape/cut, it makes actual application dead easy.

Packaging: After having destroyed many a palette in my handbag, it's nice to see something that can take some hits and still survive.

I wouldn't necessarily repurchase for the original price, but on a discount I probably would.