Urban Decay NAKED2

Urban Decay NAKED2

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

This product is over hyped. The shadows do not blend. They are also very patchy. I've heard the same about the others.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Urban decay eyeshadow palettes are so overrated! I've used much better quality shadows with a much lower price tag. I only gave into the hype because I've always wanted to own one and when I saw this item on sale I had to get it. My oh my the regrets.. Immediately I thought: meh. They aren't very pigmented when applied on the eyelids. For the price that it is I'd expect much more. The shadows itself are also pretty small, you don't get a lot of product. Thankfully there are better palettes out there and I can sell away or give this overrated palette away.

Try other palettes like those from Zoeva, Juvia's Nubian Palettes, Makeup Geek shadows, ABH and so much more. Seriously don't waste your money on this!

on 4/24/2016 10:11:00 PM

Don't buy into the hype. This is a decent palette at best. Urban Decay's NAKED palettes are decent, but so, so far from perfect. Maybe they're good from the price point, but you can find much, much, MUCH better eyeshadows from certain other luxury brands. I was at first so excited when I bought NAKED2; it swatched so, so beautifully. Better than even my holy grail eyeshadows. It seemed so pigmented, so finely milled. I've had it for about a month now and I've tried many different eye looks with it, but all of them have been fails. Yes, some shades are better than others, but generally speaking, these shadows don't blend well. Mistakes are impossible to correct, and one wrong stroke will ruin your entire eye look. Certain shades like Chopper have heavy fallout. And while the shades looked so pretty on my arm, they are almost ugly once on the eyelid. It is also impossible to build up the colour, and colours such as Foxy have no pigment whatsoever. Dig your brush in Foxy as much as you want, you will never get any colour payoff. Not even with their famous primer potion, which works better on other brands. I have half a mind to give this palette away, but I think I'll keep it for those rare occasions when I don't have time for a good eye look. I might be better off powdering my eyelids with translucent powder, though.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I never understood the hype around these 12-shadow Naked palettes.

While I do like many of the UD single shadows, I just feel these 12 pan palettes are nothing but glitter bomb messes. Add in the fact that my eyelids are aging and probably not great for so much glitter shadows, it is just a hot mess. But older eyelids aside (ie, these shadows settle into the creases and just make my eyes look old and tired and well, ugly..) I still do not get the hype. The colors are not that pigmented. Blackout is barely a charcoal grey, and that is even with me trying it with many different primers and even applying foundation, just always looks barely charcoal to me, even when building it up.

And then there is the fallout. Dust and glitter everywhere, on my cheeks, on my shirt, on my vanity..No matter what brush I use with these, whether it is a Mac brush or a Real Techniques brush or It Cosmetics brush or even Elf brushes, I get tons of dust and glitter everywhere.

The packaging. I guess I prefer this packaging over the first UD Naked 12 pan palette, but to me, it just feels cheap. The brush that I got with mine is decent though, but I am not going to buy a palette just for a 'decent brush'..lol :p

These shades have no lasting power on me. Again, I have tried these with many primers and these shades all disappear on me within an hour or two, and then I am left with glitter on my cheeks.

I would say if there is a shade you are drawn to, to see if they sell it in the single shadow form. Oddly enough, I have had luck with the single shadows, but the shadows in these palettes for whatever reason, are epic fails for me. The colors do look pretty in the pan but for me, the quality is not there. And even in looking at the colors in the pan, there are only maybe 3 or 4 (tops) shades I would really like, and that makes this an expensive trio or quad, especially given the poor performance that I get with these.

I will stick to the UD single shadows. Also, in conclusion, there ARE many dupes out there of many of these shadows, many that perform better. Those who have luck with this palette and use a lot of the shades, more power to you. I will say it is funny how a lot of times a youtuber will praise this palette but when they show the palette it looks barely touched. Guess for them it is so pigmented they barely make a dent. But to me, even my highly pigmented shadows look well-loved, not hardly touched. Not saying these guys and gals are not really using the palettes like they claim, but it does make me wonder if they tout it just because 'everybody and their sister/brother does'..:/

But to me, these lack pigment, have pretty much 0 staying power, and just leave glitter everywhere. No thank you. :(

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is what all this hype is about? A bunch of generic metallic (not really neutral but whatever) eyeshadows. When I think of a good nude palette, shimmers aren't what comes to mind. I think of matte, sculpting shadows, or at the least "discreet" and "travel-friendly". This palette, in particular, is a grab bag of pinks, golds, silvers and some "taupe shades".

I should have mentioned in that since I have a warmer undertone, cooler gray shades will tend to clash with my undertone. With that being said, It doesn't mean that I can't use cooler-toned eyeshadows. A great example of a useable and WOC-friendly palette is the Marvelous Mauve palette from Dose of Colors. These cool-toned plummy mauves blend like a dream, and I get utility out of every shade. The texture of the eyeshadows is creamy, soft, albeit there's some pickup due to the striations in the palette. It's almost a creamy sort of eyeshadow.

If it wasn't the crappy quality of the eyeshadows, then the packaging would probably be the straw that broke the camel's back. Generally speaking, metallic packaging equates to higher quality, but certainly not in this case. It could be completely possible that I got a dud but not only were the eyeshadow pans did not adhere properly, and I found that the metal collects a lot of dirt and grime, which is disgusting, and the mirror broke. The magnetic clasp was weak as well.

There were too few matte shadows and a lot of unusable shimmery and glittery shades. I found Foxy and Tease pulled way too gray and ashy on my browbone, and forget about transition/crease shades. People who love and own any of the Naked Palettes will agree that there is a ton of fallout, and for 54 dollars, that is not acceptable nor cost-effective.

I think that the biggest selling point of this palette, despite the rising cost is the fact you get "12 full-sized eyeshadows". But the truth is that even if I liked the quality of the eyeshadows and used this every day, it would take me forever to hit pan on one of the eyeshadows. In comparison, the DoC Marvelous Mauves palette is more cohesive and well-thought out. It's travel-friendly, and effortless which is what a neutral palette should be. It's also 32 dollars and you get a respectable amount of product, but it's a product that you know you will go and reach for. I found that despite the quality, the packaging is not travel-friendly of course, and all-in-all mediocre.

on 8/5/2015 11:11:00 PM

I was so, so disappointed with this palette. It's not even available in my country except unauthorized retailers so I had a friend bring me it from overseas and DID I MENTION I'M DISAPPOINTED?

The packaging is beautiful. The case reminds me of those pencil tins I had at school a million years ago and I always for some odd reason loved them. The palette itself is beautiful, the names of some of the eyeshadows make me laugh but when I tried to use the actual eyeshadow I found it nowhere near as pigmented as it claimed to be.

Maybe my eyelids are too pale, but I saw no effect of the bootycall (lightest shade) no matter how many layers I tried to cake on it (I was going for a smokey eye but when the base layer won't cooperate it seems hopeless). The blackest black is a misnomer, and the overall shadows seemed too shimmery even if they're supposed to be half matte. The glitter is out of control, once you layer on a shimmery layer over matte, bye bye matte.

I did like snakebite and tease (med and light brown shades) but they were only 2/12 shades.

The brush that comes with the palette is too broad for me, I prefer a thinner brush so I have more control.

on 5/26/2015 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This palette is not even close to worth the hype. These shadows have fallout like you wouldn't believe. I HAVE to hold a kleenex under my eyes applying them. HAVE to. They're all VERY powdery and not pigmented in the slightest. Everything can be easily duped. The brush that comes with it is nice I guess, and the packaging is decent, although they took a step down by not having the velvet in this one. The colours are all grayed out and more "blah", the first naked palette is definitely superior and more universal. Just speakin' the truth. ;)

Am I the only one who's not crazy about this palette? I don't use Foxy, Half Baked, Chopper, Snakebite, and YDK at all. They look horrible on me because if the overdone metallic effect. No matter how I try or how I mix they make me look 10 years older and tacky shiny. I am Asian so I am thinking these colours don't work for my eyelid shape.

What's left are oring neutrals I easily have better dupes of. MAC eyeshadows stay on longer and are easier to apply. These shadows are really soft.

The whole thing is heavy and bulky so I can't carry it around for touch ups either.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My complaint is not with the price. For the number of eyeshadows, it's a good value plus a lipgloss and a brush.

The packaging is just okay.

My issue is with the colors of the eyeshadows. Too much shimmer and unwearable colors.

I was pretty much obsessed with the colors Tease and Booty Call before buying the palette. I swatched them on my hand in the store. I felt like Tease was such a unique taupe color that was unlike any other. And Booty Call, which I thought was a unique peachy shimmer, had me so excited.

Well, Tease looks like a bruise on my eyelid and Booty Call looks surprisingly yellowish on my light but olive toned skin. The color transfer for both of these colors is just not what it looks like in the pan at all.

This palette will be going back. :(

on 10/12/2012 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

When this palette came out I was very reluctant to buy it, due to the fact that my original naked palette has sat in my collection practically unused. The original naked palette is just too warm for my cool undertones. It always made my eyes look tired and I found that the colors did not blend well, normally making a muddy mess. Step forward the Naked 2 palette, my first impression of naked 2 was that it was definitely geared towards the cooler side. While it is true that you could not exactly call all of these colors cool toned, compared to the original palette they are a lot cooler.
When I swatched the shadows I was underwhelmed, I understand that these shadows have the new formula however I don't think that formula is very refined yet. These shadows are not as pigmented or smooth as the shadows in naked one. I found that some of these shadows looked muddy particularly suspect. Would I buy it again? Probably not, I have never been overly impressed with urban decay's shadows and formula so unless they bring out a completely matte palette (which I really hope they do) I wont be buying any more of their shadows.

edit: I have changed my score on this product due to the fact the more I use it the more I dislike it. I just really do not enjoy the texture of urban decay eyeshadow..I am sad that now I have 2 naked palettes that I wont use. Lesson learned, I wont buy urban decay shadows again.