Urban Decay NAKED2

Urban Decay NAKED2

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This IS my most fav palette and I have a lot of eyeshadows. I can tell you that the colours in this palette is perfect for my brown eyes. Every time i have worn looks from this palette I love it. I like to pair it with a nude blush like Cargo's Tonga or Hourglass' Mood Exposure and a nude lip. If you have brown eyes - I think this looks amazing.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Like so many others, I live for this palette. To be fair, I mostly use the first four shades, because I'm super fair and my day-to-day makeup routine is pretty basic. Using just those shades almost daily, the palette has lasted me SUCH a long time! An excellent buy, even if it was more expensive.

I've been a MUA for a few different small movies, and its easy to find a natural pick for any skin tone. A slight shimmer gives great definition, and catches light without looking like a disco ball.

It's insane how versatile the shades are, I even use the matte brown for my brows!

Definitely a top 5 pick for my makeup bag.

To Read all 761 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Just an ok product overall. Nothing special. Had a really hard time creating an everyday look with this product. Great for smokey eye looks when you really are willing to put some effort into application. Undecided if I will rebuy.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This palette comes with 12 stunning neutral shades. The color range is more on the colder side.

Shades:

Foxy - is a yellowtoned matte skintone color.
Half baked - is a beautiful golden shimmery color.
Bootycall - is a light color with a subtle shine.
Chopper - is a cobber, shimmery shade.
Tease - is the 2nd matte color. It's a cold, neutral brown with grey and purple undertones.
Snakebite - is a bronze shade with a sheen.
Suspect - is a lighter bronze with shimmer.
Pistol - is a grey shimmery color.
Verve - is a light shimmery color with grey undertones.
YDK - is a stunning metallic bronze with slightly purple undertones.
Busted - is a dark brown with some shine.
Blackout - is a matte black

I think it would be nice with more matte shades in the palette since there's only 3.

Formula:

The formula on the shadows is great. The matte ones are really soft and silky. The shimmery ones are creamy and pigmented. Some of the shimmery colors have a more powdery finish and they have bit of fallout (YDK, Chopper and Half baked). To intensify the shimmery shadows even more I either put them on with my finger, or apply them wet. But overall I think the formula is good.

Packaging:

I think the packaging is pretty. It's a hard metallic packaging. When you open it, it has a big mirror, the 12 shades with names under and a double ended brush. The brush has a flat side, which is good at putting on lid shades, and on the other side it has a more fluffy crease brush. The hair is synthetic. Normally I don't like brushes that comes with palettes but this is really good and high quality.

Overall I think this is a good palette and great if you're just starting out with eyeshadow, but still want something high quality.

on 6/11/2016 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Nice palette but there are issues. too dark shades for fair skin, they kick quite a lot of powder and the glitter chunky shades are meh. the brush is pretty horrible.

on 6/11/2016 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This palette has too many dark shades and not enough light and mid range shades. It also has only a couple of matte shades, which is disappointing. I had heard very good things about this palette so I decided to pull the trigger and get it. When I got it home, I was very upset because I wouldn't be able to use most of the shades. I'm at an age when I no longer wear dark eye shadow, which is incredibly aging. So the fact that this palette is composed of mostly dark shades is upsetting. There are a couple of shimmery light shades that I can use on the lid as an all over color, and two white shades that will work as highlighters. But other than this, this palette is a waste. So I'm returning it to Ulta and will exchange it for one of the Naked quads, probably the cooler one. I'll be happier with shades that I can actually use, not just look at and think pretty. I've been looking for a light bronzy shade that I can wear all over the lid as a daytime color, preferably something with a little shimmer. But my eyes are deep set so using darker colors in the crease isn't flattering and just makes me look tired. I also don't want something that's terribly warm, because my skin tone is rather cool. I thought a couple of the shades in the Naked 2 palette would work but they're much darker than I thought (at least they were when I swatched them on my arm). I have the Naked 3 palette and love it and use it often. It makes my hazel eyes pop. But again, I don't use the darker shades in that palette either. But the rosy shimmer shades are quite pretty on me. But the Naked 2 palette is an entirely different animal. Although I love the consistency of UD shadows, the colors just won't do for me. So back it goes, which is a waste but better than keeping something I paid a lot of money for but would likely never use. My search goes on for a light bronze shade. I recommend this palette if you like dark shimmery shadows and will actually use them in your daily life. They're pretty to stare at and to swatch but won't work on my eyes. It's a shame. I've been lemming this palette for some time. But things change when new facts come to light.

I love this naked palette the best, it is cool toned neutrals, and I find this the easiest to wear of all the naked palettes. I also love this packaging with the metal tin and snap closure, I didn't like the velvet of the first one, got dirty AF :( pigment is super rich, very smooth formula, blends wonderfully.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought an authentic Naked 2 palette off of Poshmark, and I absolutely love it! I can't wait to get the Naked 3 and Naked Smoky next. These eyeshadows are definitely cooler toned, which is perfect for me. I'm happy with the variety of these shadows, and they are so pigmented and smooth and velvety! I definitely use this just as much as I use the original Naked, so if you're a cool-toned girl like me, it's worth the investment.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have one eyeshadow palette and it's the only one I've ever owned: Naked2 by Urban Decay. I got this for Christmas 2014 as my first palette but I find it to be so comprehensive that I don't need another one.

1st off let me say that I use this palette OFTEN. I work 5 days a week and use it at least 2-3 of those days. I haven't hit pan on a single shade. The price point of this product is $54.00. Some might find that extravagant but given the fact that I've used this to death for the past year and a half and it's still going strong, I'd say it's worth the investment (even though I was given this as a present, as mentioned.)

In fact, if you're wanting to give someone an eyeshadow palette as a gift I'd highly recommend this one. It's something many people might not buy for themselves (as they might not be able to justify the price) but would probably end up loving.

I find all the shades to be pigmented and blendable. The formula is nice IMO. Maybe not the best out there but I have no complaints. One thing I will say is definitely tap off your brush with these before going in on the lids.

You can create so many looks. I do anything with this from sweeping one color all over the lid when in a rush to get out the door on my way to work, to elaborate smokey eye looks.

All the shades in this palette are fairly neutral so the only people I wouldn't recommend this to is someone looking for a palette that contains bright colors or someone who strongly prefers matte shadows. It is a perfect everyday neutral palette as long as you like shimmer.

I'll go through each shade:
- Foxy: this is a matte cream shade. I use it a ton all over the lid and as a browbone highlight. It neutralizes my lids perfectly and some people claim to have a problem with pigmentation on this one but I never have.
- Half Baked: a true gold shade. Metallic and shimmery. It's beautiful all over the lid.
- Bootycall: this and foxy are my most used shades in this palette. This color is a shimmery pale pink. I use this in the inner corners all the time and as a browbone highlight when I want something shimmery as opposed to something matte.
- Chopper: a gorgeous rose gold color with silver glitter. I use this all the time all over the lid. This is the one color in the palette that I still get fallout with even after tapping off my brush. It's okay though because this shade is so beautiful that it's worth the fallout.
- Tease: a pale brown matte color. Extremely versatile, perfect for a transition or crease color.
- Snakebite: a shimmery mid-tone brown.
- Suspect: a metallic beige. One of my go-tos for sweeping all over the lid.
- Pistol: a metallic gunmetal grey.
- Verve: a shimmery silver. I really love the dimension of this shade.
- YDK: possibly my favorite color in the entire palette. It's a highly metallic cool-toned bronze. Looks insane on the lid.
- Busted: a shimmery dark brown.
- Blackout: matte black. I've seen some reviewers say they have problems with this shade and they find it to come across more grey than black, but I find it to be super intense, personally.

This palette comes with an amazing brush which I use daily and the packaging is sturdy and substantial.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This palette is great for cool toned skin. The pigments are quite nice, some shades needing a heavier hand to get colour pay-off.

The colour 'Chopper' is my favourite, although there is a medium amount of fallout. These glitter shades work best when my brush is wet, which gives a 'foiled' look. I reach for the colour 'Tease' the most as it acts as a nice cool-toned transition. Another favourite is 'Blackout' as I mainly use it to mattify my eyeliner and smoke out my lash line.

The packaging is simple yet sleek, a muted gold colour. It has a secure closure and is quite sturdy- good for travel.

A pleasing, everyday palette, for neutral to nighttime looks.

Video Reviews & Tutorials