Urban Decay NAKED2

Urban Decay NAKED2

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I've bought this twice now - it is my favorite eye palette. Really good quality and so versatile.

on 2/2/2017 8:02:00 PM

I feel like its redundant to even write this review, but the price of this pallete is justified by the quality of them.
I am not at all skilled when it comes to applying eye makeup, but these eye shadows are so nicely pigmented and easy to blend that its difficult to mess it up.
The staying power of the shadows is really good, even without any primer, and the fallout is not noticable after the initial application.
Would definitely recommend. My only criticism is that there is a lot of shimmer and not enough mattes.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I like the palette. It's my favorite out of the three. The colors are absolutely gorgeous, even though I'm usually not a fan of very shimmery eyeshadows, I find them inelegant.

It contains matte, shimmery and glittery shades.
The matte shades are alright, not dazzling, but pigmented enough. Blackout is the darkest black I've seen. Unfortunately they are not ideal for my southern european olive (but pale) skin tone.
The shimmery ones are beautiful but disappear very quickly without a primer.
The glitter shades are impossible. Lasting power is nonexistent and cannot be applied dry unless your goal is to have purpurine all over your face that doesn't wash off. It stressed me out so much. I'll try wetting the brush with Mac Fix+ and cover my face with tissue on my second try.

I can't say I'm not slightly disappointed with the quality of this palette. I definitely had high expectations (the hype is insane) but I don't find them unrealistic or unreasonable. I guess I'll have to work around its flaws! I recommend it nonetheless - I'm aware it sounds contradictory but I had to mention in case it's a deal breaker for some - since it allows you to create so many different looks with incredible versatility, it's a good investment that will have you covered.

This product is over hyped. The shadows do not blend. They are also very patchy. I've heard the same about the others.

Love this palette. It got all the right colours and the glitters are absolutely beautiful! The pigment is good and the packaging is cute and simple.
Would definitely repurchase.

on 1/4/2017 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is a great palette full of beautiful colours.
This was my first UD palette purchase and I umm'd and ahhh'd over this or naked3 (got both in the end). Glad I bought this, though honestly I use naked3 more often. Not to say this isn't gorgeous though.
I love the colours and I find myself using most of them. The darker brown shades less so, they dont really work with my colouring. A lot of 'must have' shades though.

Excellent quality, too- doesnt crease, lasts all day. Highly pigmented and great colour payoff. Primer that it comes with is brilliant, too.
Can be used to make so many different looks from work appropriate to sexy date night perfect. The lighter shades can also be used as a facial highlighter, too- if you use carefully.
Great palette and beauty product staple. Worth the price. Highly recommend this!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I bought Naked1 despite my shimmer fear. I am not a teenager, so that made me nervous. I love it so much that I bought Naked2 and I am very happy with it! Do you necessarily need both 1 & 2? No. But I don't "need" any makeup, so here we are. I think it's different enough to be worth having and I love love love "Blackout!" I actually bought a single of that color a couple years ago for smudging and such and no other black shadow has come close. There are so many beautiful colors! I even like the grey in this palette and I am very much not a grey person. I had originally bought another Palette after getting Naked1 (Semi Sweet Chocolate Bar, just in case you're wondering) and ended up returning it because the quality was nowhere near that of my Naked palette. I returned it and bought Naked2 and I am very happy with my decision.

The longevity on the eyeshadow is great. It lasts me all day. They are very blendable and smooth. Downside to Naked2 - there isn't a great transition color like there is in Naked1. The packaging is much more secure in Naked2 and the mirror is wonderful. I believe it's supposed to come with primer samples, but my box didn't have any in it. Minor inconvenience. Overall I think Naked2 is a great palette. definitely one of my favorites. It is a lot of shimmers, but you can make them more or less intense. I have a separate matte palette that I use for base color and transitions a lot of the time, so that is something to keep in mind if you're trying to decide on your first and/or only palette. That is, of course, dependent on how you prefer to apply eyeshadow as well.

on 12/18/2016 12:48:00 PM

this palette definitely runs cool. When I first bought it, my hair was sun bleached and I was tanned. I couldn't pull off most of the colours. Now my tan has faded (im NC20) and my hair is fuchsia, so now this has become my go-to work horse palette. I can get tons of looks out of this. Nothing too special or crazy, but every shade has a purpose, as either a liner ( bottom lashes or to tightline), lid, crease, transition or highlight. I've been reaching for this most mornings because of the absence of needing to think a lot. I've gotten so much use out of this since I bought it 3 months ago, and still no pan showing!

on 12/1/2016 6:54:00 AM

Overall, a very nice neutral/bronze palette. Comes with a lot of nice shimmery lid shades, so it's a great everyday palette for people with fair skin like me. There are only two matte shades, so if you're not into shimmers, this is not for you.

The packaging is very nice - sturdy tin case with a large mirror inside and comes with a double-ended brush. I personally like the brush that comes with this, so it's very easy to grab everything and slap it on in the morning.

For the price, I feel like you can find palettes that are much more versatile with more colours. There's enough product to last you years, so definitely make sure the colours are for you before dropping big bucks on this. I enjoy this palette a lot, but I have no qualms calling it overpriced.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

For reference, I am NW10-15ish. I love, love, love this palette. After reading many reviews over the Naked, Naked 2, and Naked 3 palettes I decided Naked 2 would be most likely to work the best with my coloring.

The colors in this palette tend to be a little more cool toned than the other Naked palettes I mentioned. However, I think these shades would look nice on anyone. The colors are very well pigmented, apply smoothly and feel buttery. I noticed some reviews complaining they did not last long on the lid; I always apply them over an eyeshadow primer (currently using the Wet n Wild Fergie one, which I believe may be discontinued). The colors blend very well without simply muddying up one another.

I use this palette several times a week and bought it nearly a year ago. I have not hit pan on any of the shadows yet. The brush that comes with it is actually pretty nice, but I do not use it often. My one complaint is that I experience quite a bit of fallout when applying, so I either do my foundation after my eyeshadow OR hold up a tissue under my eye when applying. I am tempted to give it 4 lippies instead of 5 because of this, but I just get so much use out of this palette I feel it needs 5. :)

I would gladly repurchase this palette, and I don't think I've ever said that about any palette from any brand before. :)