Urban Decay NAKED2

Urban Decay NAKED2

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 12/1/2016 6:54:00 AM

Overall, a very nice neutral/bronze palette. Comes with a lot of nice shimmery lid shades, so it's a great everyday palette for people with fair skin like me. There are only two matte shades, so if you're not into shimmers, this is not for you.

The packaging is very nice - sturdy tin case with a large mirror inside and comes with a double-ended brush. I personally like the brush that comes with this, so it's very easy to grab everything and slap it on in the morning.

For the price, I feel like you can find palettes that are much more versatile with more colours. There's enough product to last you years, so definitely make sure the colours are for you before dropping big bucks on this. I enjoy this palette a lot, but I have no qualms calling it overpriced.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

For reference, I am NW10-15ish. I love, love, love this palette. After reading many reviews over the Naked, Naked 2, and Naked 3 palettes I decided Naked 2 would be most likely to work the best with my coloring.

The colors in this palette tend to be a little more cool toned than the other Naked palettes I mentioned. However, I think these shades would look nice on anyone. The colors are very well pigmented, apply smoothly and feel buttery. I noticed some reviews complaining they did not last long on the lid; I always apply them over an eyeshadow primer (currently using the Wet n Wild Fergie one, which I believe may be discontinued). The colors blend very well without simply muddying up one another.

I use this palette several times a week and bought it nearly a year ago. I have not hit pan on any of the shadows yet. The brush that comes with it is actually pretty nice, but I do not use it often. My one complaint is that I experience quite a bit of fallout when applying, so I either do my foundation after my eyeshadow OR hold up a tissue under my eye when applying. I am tempted to give it 4 lippies instead of 5 because of this, but I just get so much use out of this palette I feel it needs 5. :)

I would gladly repurchase this palette, and I don't think I've ever said that about any palette from any brand before. :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

PROS:
- amazing pigmentation
- good selection of neutral colours, although they tend to run cool
- very easy to blend, yet doesn't blend out into ashy nothingness

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Urban decay eyeshadow palettes are so overrated! I've used much better quality shadows with a much lower price tag. I only gave into the hype because I've always wanted to own one and when I saw this item on sale I had to get it. My oh my the regrets.. Immediately I thought: meh. They aren't very pigmented when applied on the eyelids. For the price that it is I'd expect much more. The shadows itself are also pretty small, you don't get a lot of product. Thankfully there are better palettes out there and I can sell away or give this overrated palette away.

Try other palettes like those from Zoeva, Juvia's Nubian Palettes, Makeup Geek shadows, ABH and so much more. Seriously don't waste your money on this!

on 9/23/2016 12:14:00 AM

This is the 3rd naked eyeshadow palette I bought and each one I love more and more! It blends perfectly and it is very pigmented. I never wear primer and at the end of the day it still looks exactly the same.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This eyeshadow palette is my #1, ride or die. On my old account I wrote an elaborate review so I'll try to keep it simple to avoid repetition (plus there are almost 800 reviews of this on here and tons of people have described each shade in detail). I love this palette. It's the only palette I own and the only one I feel like I need. I can create an array of looks with these twelve shades. They all have good pigmentation and blend nicely. I've used this palette soooooo many times and still haven't hit pan on a single shade.

So why wouldn't I repurchase? Because when you buy Urban Decay you support L'oreal. That may not matter to you but it matters to me since L'oreal tests on animals. When I got this palette I believe that Urban Decay hadn't been bought out by L'oreal yet, or if it was it wasn't yet common knowledge. Even though UD itself is cruelty-free, I won't buy anything from the brand anymore. Supporting Urban Decay is supporting a huge corporation that tests plenty of products on animals. So even though the products themselves may not be tested on animals, you're still indirectly supporting animal testing by supporting this brand.

on 9/15/2016 7:53:00 AM

Have this makeup palette for about a year. On my opinion it is very hard to apply, pigmentation is weak comparing to the other naked palettes which I also have and it makes my eyes look very dry and wrinkly ! No other eye shadow does it that bad ( I'm 24 I don't have wrinkles on my eyes only a bit of sensitive skin and dryness)and I do use eye primer before application. Will not buy again. 1/5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My first nudes pallete, so I do not have much to compare it to. It's great. I've had it for over a year and use it on a regular basis (maybe 3-4 times a week) and still haven't hit pan yet. Has great colour pay off, minimal fallout, buttery texture and stays all day paired with Lime Crimes eyeshadow helper. The brush is pretty good for blending, as well.
The only reason I'm giving it a 4 instead of 5 is that it only has one matte shade, which I struggle with blending for some reason.

I really really like it but wouldn't buy it again because there are so so so many other nude palletes out there to try.

this is my favorite out of all the naked palettes

naked 1 was too warm and I didn't like the velvet packaging. naked 3 was pink and although very pretty in the pans, not ideal for me since im not that skilled in applying eyeshadow.

naked 2 shades are perfect for me, taupe-y and cool toned shades are my preference. i like that i can use each shade by itself, and that there is a matte black so i can use it to set my eyeliners.

these shades will look good on all skin tones, and they last all day, even with my oily eyelids.

there is some fallout with these shadows, so minus one lippie for that, but other than that these shadows are buttery smooth and apply very well.

It was one of my first palettes (after theBalm's Nude'Tude), bought it shortly before Naked 3 was launched. I used it religiously for a few months, hit pan on the first four shades, the next two I really enjoyed as well. I'm an absolute fan of "Half baked", it's a gorgeous creamy gold, still one of my fave golds in my eyeshadow collection. Then I switched to other, (more colourful) palettes and... haven't worn it since!
It's definitely a palette which I could sell or give away and don't feel any regret. If you want a basic, neutral palette and you don't plan to invest in others, by all means: give it a go. The shadows are nice, creamy. Some of them aren't as blendable as they should be, given the price. There are a few shades that I think are (too) similar to each other: Snakebite & Busted, YDK & Suspect.
The brush that comes with the palette is decent, but a bit too "stiff" for me.
I'd give it 3,5 lippies if I could... but I don't love it enough to give it 4.