Urban Decay NAKED2

Urban Decay NAKED2

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

There's so much debate about which naked palette is the best, or which one you should get. Honestly, I have all three nakeds plus naked smokey (planning on getting Naked Heat too) and they ALL are great for different reasons. In all actuality, most people will be satisfied with any naked palette they get, but if you are on a budget and only want one, it just depends on what you want the palette to do for you.
Personally, I think naked two is great as an everyday, subtle, wearable palette. I work in the medical field, and don't wear much makeup on a daily basis- just enough to look awake and polished. This palette is fantastic for that, and I find myself reaching for it day in and day out while getting ready for work in the mornings. All the shimmer shades are gorgeous, and bootycall is a fantastic inner corner highlight(probably one of my favorites I've ever tried). Chopper is another standout for me because it is such a pretty goldeny/pink shade. The fact that there is a matte black included is just a heaven sent. Blackout is so handy to use as a liner, and it can deepen any daytime look to nighttime in a snap.
If you're looking for bold, trendy, eye-popping colors, I would suggest a different palette. But this one is fantastic for your wearable, everyday, timeless and classic looks. True to Urban Decay form the shadows are high quality. They blend well and last all day when used with a primer. I wouldn't say they're as creamy and pigmented as kat von d or lorac, or even anastasia beverly hills, but they are high quality shadows. You can't really go wrong.

This is probably my least favourite of all the Naked palettes. I don't find it to be significantly different from number 1 in terms of basics, nor is it anything special or unique, like 3 and Smoky are. I think if I didn't have 1, I would like this for traveling but I usually just pick up whichever one is nearer when I need one to take on the go. Nothing special but I do think having one of either 1 or 2 is a useful tool in your makeup kit.

First of all, the packaging is stunning and I love the size of the mirror. The double sided brush is perfect. One side is great for packing on eyeshadow, and the other side works well for blending.

I love the pigmentation of of the shadows and the colours are absolutely beautiful.

HOWEVER I find that the shadows don't last long at all. They crease terribly on me (my skin is pretty oily).

I find myself reaching for my Shaaanxo palette more even though it only cost $14 because it actually lasts on me.

I've bought this twice now - it is my favorite eye palette. Really good quality and so versatile.

on 2/2/2017 8:02:00 PM

I feel like its redundant to even write this review, but the price of this pallete is justified by the quality of them.
I am not at all skilled when it comes to applying eye makeup, but these eye shadows are so nicely pigmented and easy to blend that its difficult to mess it up.
The staying power of the shadows is really good, even without any primer, and the fallout is not noticable after the initial application.
Would definitely recommend. My only criticism is that there is a lot of shimmer and not enough mattes.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I like the palette. It's my favorite out of the three. The colors are absolutely gorgeous, even though I'm usually not a fan of very shimmery eyeshadows, I find them inelegant.

It contains matte, shimmery and glittery shades.
The matte shades are alright, not dazzling, but pigmented enough. Blackout is the darkest black I've seen. Unfortunately they are not ideal for my southern european olive (but pale) skin tone.
The shimmery ones are beautiful but disappear very quickly without a primer.
The glitter shades are impossible. Lasting power is nonexistent and cannot be applied dry unless your goal is to have purpurine all over your face that doesn't wash off. It stressed me out so much. I'll try wetting the brush with Mac Fix+ and cover my face with tissue on my second try.

I can't say I'm not slightly disappointed with the quality of this palette. I definitely had high expectations (the hype is insane) but I don't find them unrealistic or unreasonable. I guess I'll have to work around its flaws! I recommend it nonetheless - I'm aware it sounds contradictory but I had to mention in case it's a deal breaker for some - since it allows you to create so many different looks with incredible versatility, it's a good investment that will have you covered.

This product is over hyped. The shadows do not blend. They are also very patchy. I've heard the same about the others.

Love this palette. It got all the right colours and the glitters are absolutely beautiful! The pigment is good and the packaging is cute and simple.
Would definitely repurchase.

on 1/4/2017 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is a great palette full of beautiful colours.
This was my first UD palette purchase and I umm'd and ahhh'd over this or naked3 (got both in the end). Glad I bought this, though honestly I use naked3 more often. Not to say this isn't gorgeous though.
I love the colours and I find myself using most of them. The darker brown shades less so, they dont really work with my colouring. A lot of 'must have' shades though.

Excellent quality, too- doesnt crease, lasts all day. Highly pigmented and great colour payoff. Primer that it comes with is brilliant, too.
Can be used to make so many different looks from work appropriate to sexy date night perfect. The lighter shades can also be used as a facial highlighter, too- if you use carefully.
Great palette and beauty product staple. Worth the price. Highly recommend this!

on 12/18/2016 12:48:00 PM

this palette definitely runs cool. When I first bought it, my hair was sun bleached and I was tanned. I couldn't pull off most of the colours. Now my tan has faded (im NC20) and my hair is fuchsia, so now this has become my go-to work horse palette. I can get tons of looks out of this. Nothing too special or crazy, but every shade has a purpose, as either a liner ( bottom lashes or to tightline), lid, crease, transition or highlight. I've been reaching for this most mornings because of the absence of needing to think a lot. I've gotten so much use out of this since I bought it 3 months ago, and still no pan showing!

Video Reviews & Tutorials