Urban Decay NAKED2

Filtered by age: 56 & Over
Urban Decay NAKED2

3.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 1/30/2014 5:48:00 PM

This is a beautiful palette but I wish it had more matte shades. It has a lot of high shimmer shades and as a fifty something I feel like its a little over the top.

That being said, these shadows look very pretty if you use a matte neutral shadow in the crease to soften things a little. I pulled out my old Bobbi Brown Nude on Nude shadow palette and have created some beautiful looks for my blue green eyes. So if you like Naked 2 but feel its a little too much for day wear, try adding some matte neutrals to tone things down. I used Cement with UD silver and grey yesterday and today I used Wheat with UD brown/taupe colors. Both looks are great. Enough shimmer to spark up your eyes but not over the top.

on 3/5/2012 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Wow. I have mixed emotions about this palette. I had been hemming and hawing over the original Naked palette and the couple of times I was actually going to purchase it, Sephora was out of it as well as Ulta. I kind of gave it a shrug because so many of the reviews for the first Naked were that it was geared toward warmer complexions and I'm cooler. Then came Naked 2. I was kind of on the fence about it but really liked the colors of the shadows. Another customer at Ulta raved so much about this collection that I buckled under and purchased it.
I really like it. A lot. However, I'm not in love with it. While the palette is considered neutral--a quality I absolutely love because I'm really not about color on my eyes. I also like the fact that there is a decent selection of mattes, shimmers, and hues of neutrals. At my age, I'm not about the shimmer anymore, but I do like to highlight right under my brow every now and then (especially in the evening) with a slight shimmer. In addition, I like the texture and the quality of the black shadow. It lines very nicely and stays put. The case is also a plus--sturdy for travel. The double-ended brush that comes with the palette is also surprisingly decent. The lipgloss that came with it--well, I threw it out. I didn't get it--if this palette is a "cooler" palette then why place a warmer-toned gloss--way to "orangey" for this pale gal.
What stopped me from giving this a 5-lipstick, HG sort of status? The palette lacked a "to-die-for" shadow. I'll tell you, my Too-Faced Naked palette has the beautiful "Like a Virgin" shadow. That one shadow has become my all-time favorite. I have two palettes with that one shadow contained and I have hit that teeny-weeny pan with both shadows. I only wish the Too-faced guys would produce a single "Like a Virgin" shadow--my eye life would be complete. Anyway, back to UD Naked 2--there is no showstopper shadow that has been incorporated into this palette. Is it worth the $50.00? Considering what you get--yeah--it is. (with the exception of that dopey lip gloss, it is) Am I sorry I purchased it? Absolutely not. Because of the neutrality (is that a word???) of the palette, I'll get good use of it and because it is packaged so it will travel well, I will get good use of it. Would I purchase this item again? In all honesty--no. If there was one shadow that I would use constantly, I would have to vote yes--but it lacks that one item.
Overall, I do recommend this palette, but in a 4-lipstick way--not a HG way. Thank you for reading this review. Hope I helped just a little bit.

on 3/4/2012 6:57:00 PM

Don't get me wrong - even though I say I wouldn't buy it again, I do think the shadows in the Naked Palette(s) are good ones. High pigmentation, unique and not-so-unique colors, UD has managed to not go too out of control with the shimmer, but somehow ... I never feel like I can't live without them. I am trying some new combinations on my eyes that I have seen on you tube - hoping that I am just missing something - but generally find that the colors aren't that remarkable. For example, I don't find that one or those two colors that I think of turning to in the am when I am in a hurry. Maybe I will change my mind but for now, after several months with this, I remain fairly unimpressed.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is a personal review as this works for others. I'm NW20 with dark brown hair and greenish-hazel eyes, age 64. As much as I played with the pallet I ended up with a muddy looking eye and could not blend the colors properly, which even though I am cool-toned does not happen with NP1. I returned it.

Popular Palettes