Urban Decay NAKED2

Filtered by age: 44-55
Urban Decay NAKED2

4.1

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I've bought this twice now - it is my favorite eye palette. Really good quality and so versatile.

on 6/11/2016 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This palette has too many dark shades and not enough light and mid range shades. It also has only a couple of matte shades, which is disappointing. I had heard very good things about this palette so I decided to pull the trigger and get it. When I got it home, I was very upset because I wouldn't be able to use most of the shades. I'm at an age when I no longer wear dark eye shadow, which is incredibly aging. So the fact that this palette is composed of mostly dark shades is upsetting. There are a couple of shimmery light shades that I can use on the lid as an all over color, and two white shades that will work as highlighters. But other than this, this palette is a waste. So I'm returning it to Ulta and will exchange it for one of the Naked quads, probably the cooler one. I'll be happier with shades that I can actually use, not just look at and think pretty. I've been looking for a light bronzy shade that I can wear all over the lid as a daytime color, preferably something with a little shimmer. But my eyes are deep set so using darker colors in the crease isn't flattering and just makes me look tired. I also don't want something that's terribly warm, because my skin tone is rather cool. I thought a couple of the shades in the Naked 2 palette would work but they're much darker than I thought (at least they were when I swatched them on my arm). I have the Naked 3 palette and love it and use it often. It makes my hazel eyes pop. But again, I don't use the darker shades in that palette either. But the rosy shimmer shades are quite pretty on me. But the Naked 2 palette is an entirely different animal. Although I love the consistency of UD shadows, the colors just won't do for me. So back it goes, which is a waste but better than keeping something I paid a lot of money for but would likely never use. My search goes on for a light bronze shade. I recommend this palette if you like dark shimmery shadows and will actually use them in your daily life. They're pretty to stare at and to swatch but won't work on my eyes. It's a shame. I've been lemming this palette for some time. But things change when new facts come to light.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I never understood the hype around these 12-shadow Naked palettes.

While I do like many of the UD single shadows, I just feel these 12 pan palettes are nothing but glitter bomb messes. Add in the fact that my eyelids are aging and probably not great for so much glitter shadows, it is just a hot mess. But older eyelids aside (ie, these shadows settle into the creases and just make my eyes look old and tired and well, ugly..) I still do not get the hype. The colors are not that pigmented. Blackout is barely a charcoal grey, and that is even with me trying it with many different primers and even applying foundation, just always looks barely charcoal to me, even when building it up.

And then there is the fallout. Dust and glitter everywhere, on my cheeks, on my shirt, on my vanity..No matter what brush I use with these, whether it is a Mac brush or a Real Techniques brush or It Cosmetics brush or even Elf brushes, I get tons of dust and glitter everywhere.

The packaging. I guess I prefer this packaging over the first UD Naked 12 pan palette, but to me, it just feels cheap. The brush that I got with mine is decent though, but I am not going to buy a palette just for a 'decent brush'..lol :p

These shades have no lasting power on me. Again, I have tried these with many primers and these shades all disappear on me within an hour or two, and then I am left with glitter on my cheeks.

I would say if there is a shade you are drawn to, to see if they sell it in the single shadow form. Oddly enough, I have had luck with the single shadows, but the shadows in these palettes for whatever reason, are epic fails for me. The colors do look pretty in the pan but for me, the quality is not there. And even in looking at the colors in the pan, there are only maybe 3 or 4 (tops) shades I would really like, and that makes this an expensive trio or quad, especially given the poor performance that I get with these.

I will stick to the UD single shadows. Also, in conclusion, there ARE many dupes out there of many of these shadows, many that perform better. Those who have luck with this palette and use a lot of the shades, more power to you. I will say it is funny how a lot of times a youtuber will praise this palette but when they show the palette it looks barely touched. Guess for them it is so pigmented they barely make a dent. But to me, even my highly pigmented shadows look well-loved, not hardly touched. Not saying these guys and gals are not really using the palettes like they claim, but it does make me wonder if they tout it just because 'everybody and their sister/brother does'..:/

But to me, these lack pigment, have pretty much 0 staying power, and just leave glitter everywhere. No thank you. :(

on 8/29/2015 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this palette by mistake. I do not love the cool colours...but i am using it a lot. The only con is that the shadows are a bit flaky. But sure it is a cult product.

My son purchased this for me as a thank you gift when he obtained fulltime employment. I was using Revlon and Chi Chi eyeshadows prior to receiving this and thought they were good eyeshadows. This pallette has changed my mind about what good eyeshadow should look like. Unfortunately, I will never be able to use cheaper brands ever again because these shadows are THAT good. Did I mention the brush that comes with it? Yeah, well that is also fantastic quality and has lead me to try other Urban Decay brushes. Love, love, love this pallette. Will definitely repurchase.

I seriously wanted to love this. I have the first Naked Basics, and I was hoping for another version, but sadly, this disappointed me for the same reasons. The big issue is the lack of color variation. A palette of this size really doesn't need two colors (the two lightest) that are very similar. The other colors are ok, but almost disappear on my pale skin. The darkest wasn't useful to me for anything but a liner. Now I know this is made to be a compliment to the large Naked 2 palette, but there are many of us who hoped to use it as a stand alone palette, and that's where it falls short. The colors themselves didn't disappoint, but I had to reach for other products to build depth and get a decent nude look. If I want to do just one neutral matte color on my lids, this works fine, but I might as well save $10+ and just buy one color. I returned this, and exchanged it for the Urban Decay Pulp Fiction palette, which I like so much better. I can get basically the same looks, but it has enough color variation to be much more versatile.

on 12/4/2013 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Kept hearing how buttery smooth these palletes are, so I chose #2. They are smooth but they are too frosty for me with alot of fallout on application. Colors were just a touch too light for me as well. I returned, and don't feel I am missing out on anything.

I got this over a year ago in the US--I live in Canada and when it comes to expensive (overpriced) cosmetics, I try to buy in the US and avoid our even higher prices and taxes. I like and use all the shades, my favourites are bootycall, YDK, chopper, snakebite and busted. The quality is superb--I don't even use a primer with them, just some powder (Lancôme dual finish to be exact) and I don't have to touch up. I also like the lip gloss that came with it, it has a lovely minty taste and is a flattering colour. The brush is good, not the best I've ever used, but more than good enough. This palette is too big for travelling, to me anyway, plus I don't need that many shades on a trip. I checked off that I wouldn't buy again, not that I don't like it but I just saw the new Naked 3 and I think I'd like it better. By the way, I'm 56 years old and I wear glittery eyeshadow all the time--looks fine. The glittery shades don't actually look as glittery on as they do in the pan.

on 8/24/2013 11:55:00 AM

Ok, I waited a long while to purchase this, because I thought I was too old for some of the colors on this palette, but there were two that I knew I would use.....once I bought it, I got adventurous, and began playing with some of the more shimmery ones....Fabulous colors and a ton of fun! Love getting creative with it, and even found a website that made me try the most shimmery colors....I was so surprised how much I loved it, even with my somewhat aging eye area! Check out this look....it is soooo beautiful! http://web.stagram.com/p/378412235585671395_19619019
It is a gorgeous easy to do look....I used the lighter and darker silver in the set instead of the color they used for the inner lid color, and it worked beautifully....it was a lot of fun to play with so many colors, and create such a fun look! Really glad I purchased it!

I like this palette a lot! i use most of the colors!