Urban Decay NAKED2

Filtered by age: 36-43
Urban Decay NAKED2

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

This is the only UD Naked palette I own and I really enjoy it!I bought one for my daughter too and it quickly became her favorite. The UD Naked palettes are a bit pricey but it really is a nice treat.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My go to and my travel pallete. It's perfect for traveling b/c it's all in one and you can create so many looks for so many different occasions with one palette. It packs great in my makeup bag too! This palette has the most beautiful and pigmented colors, it's perfect for any skin tone. I am a fan and I have a lot of different types of makeup! I always get lots of compliments on my makeup when I use this palette. I am fair/medium skin with green eyes and brownish/balyage hair. A definite must have in your makeup arsenal!

on 4/8/2015 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

The bomb. I will never be without this palette. I'm not crazy about the price but what can you do? Product glides on, blends easily and stays put until I take it off.

on 12/30/2014 12:49:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am completely underwhelmed with this palette.

Part of this is my fault: I should have bought N1 or maybe even N3 as Im definitely not a cool-toned person, but I thought the mattes were nicer in N2 even though there are only three. I thought N1 was a lot shinier than N2 -- but you know? I was wrong: they're all pretty dang shiny, and while they look great in the palette (or even swatched on my wrist) on my eyes they look reaaaaaaaaallly glittery.

Part of this is UD's fault: of the colours I do like, and use, the fallout is pretty intense. I use Half-baked and Booty Call pretty regularly, and within a few hours my cheeks are freckled with glitter. And that's another thing: even with UD primer, within a few hours (today it was two) it looks like Im not wearing anything at all.

Since I used my Shoppers Optimum Points to pay for this palette, Im not too upset that I don't like it as I do like one or two colours, and can use them with other palettes. Had I paid with my hard earned dollars it would have been exchanged the very same day for something else.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I got the Naked 2 palette today after taking back Naked 3 and wow I love it. The colours are pigmented and show up lovely on my brown eyes..there are some gorgeous golds, beige and browns! I have a feeling I'll be using it a lot, especially Bootycall. It's expensive but worth it I think. You can do the smokey look with the dark colours but I like a nice base on the eye with a darker shadow in my crease!..great for hooded eyes like mine! This is much better than Naked 3 for my olive skin. You couldn't even tell you had any eyeshadow on with that Naked 3, I ended up putting loads on and there was dust everywhere. I'm really happy with Naked 2.

on 12/1/2014 4:36:00 AM

Urban Decay eye shadows are right up there in my favourites for application and lasting power. I have had Naked 2 in my stash for two years and reach for it as often as Naked and Naked 3 as they are all original enough imo to justify ownership of all three :)

I have been using Naked 2 solidly for the last month and really enjoying all the looks and pairing this with other palettes when I'm in the mood for some colour. It makes a great travel option and if you are fair Tease is a great eyebrow powder.

My current favourite subtle everyday look from this palette is Verve in the inner corner as a highlight, Tease blended into the crease and Suspect as an all over lid colour with Snakebite as an upper lid liner and Copper as a lower eye liner.

Not that I'm here to endorse buying everything you can get your hands on - ok I just might be :) For reference I am NC 15 with a definite yellow undertone, my skin is slightly more pale in the winter time and I find I can easily wear all three of the Naked Palettes so do not regret the purchase of any and should I find myself ever completely using up this palette I would be very sure to repurchase.

Unfortunately from NZ and Australia this is more expensive - I purchased mine from beautybay.com who ship direct to either country.

Here,s the comparison breakdown:
6 Very similar colors
1 Color repeat (Half Baked)
So 7 out of 12 colors are very similar if not the same!
You're basically getting 5 new or different color (including exclusive: Pistol) in the Naked 2 palette if you already have Naked.
Note about Naked2: Naked didn't have is Blackout: a true black. Naked has Creep and Gunmetal which can also does the job, but it's not a dark black.

Has a great range of light to dark shades. Love Bootycall, Suspect, and Pistol
5 new and exclusive to this palette: Bootycall, Tease, Snakebite, Pistol, and Busted
3 mattes (Foxy, Tease, Blackout) and 9 shimmery/satiny colors
Shades include: Foxy (cream bisque with matte finish), Half Baked (golden-bronze with shimmering finish), Booty Call (shimmering cork), Chopper (copper shimmer with silver microglitter), Tease (creamy pale brown with matte finish), Snake Bite (dark bronze shimmer with metallic base), Suspect (pale golden beige with shimmering finish), Pistol (light gray-brown with shimmering finish), Verve (oyster with shimmering finish), YDK (cool bronze shimmer with metallic base), Busted (deep brown with shimmering finish), Blackout (blackest black with matte finish)

- 3 matte (foxy, tease, blackout), 9 shimmery/satiny colors, 5 of which are new and exclusive to this palette (marked with a *)
- Colors on this palette are a bit more taupe-y.
- Double ended brush
Naked2 has 12 pigment-rich, taupe and greige neutral eyeshadows, including five new shades

I have really grown to love the #2 palette. While I find the first to be too muddy on me, this one is a perfect color story for both natural as well as more intense looks. I have been reaching for this more and more lately.

One lippie off for price only because there are shades I won't use up like the black shade. I'd much rather have had another neutral.

on 2/14/2014 4:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I think along the same line as many others that if you are the first timers, you should go for the Naked 1. If you have the Naked 1, you don't need this Naked 2, but you may go for the Naked 3. What I found it difficult to apply this palette is that despite my cool undertone, the grayish taupey colours are so hard to look good on Asian small Almond eyes (too bad and sad). The colours themselves are so nice. I particularly like verve and YdK on the inner lids. Anything farther than suspect are actually off limit for me (too dark). Strange is a really good matte highlighter.

on 1/17/2014 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I rarely buy expensive eyeshadow because in my experience when you use a good eye primer the drugstore eye shadow is comparable. After all, they are usually made at the same plant. I only decided to splurge on the pallette after a co-worker was bragging about her awesome new shadow. Honestly, I thought it was stupid to pay $50 for freaking eyeshadow but damn, I was so wrong. I read some reviews and like a true beauty junkie, I forked over $50 and it was worth every damn penny!!

My first application was pure cosmetic heaven. The colors are pigmented and long lasting. I often forget primer and this shadow survives a 9hr work day and a 45 min sweaty workout.
My favoirite thing is I literally like and use every color in this compact. I take overnights trips at least twice a month so only bringing one case instead of 3 or 4 is very helpful.

Every single color glides on and I love the brush that comes with it. The crazy thing is I haven't washed the brush in a month and I can go from a light color to a dark and there is no altering of color on my eye. I have blue eyes and the golds really accent the color. I can go from a daytime look to a nightime look and I can do a variety of different looks with this one compact. Pinterest has some great inspiration using this pallette. UD should probably cut me a check for how much I talk about this product. Two of my friends bought and the ultimate compliment was when my husband told me how beautiful my eye makeup looked and that was a first in 7 years. Yep, I would totally recommend this and when I run out I will be sprinting to the store:)