Urban Decay NAKED2

Filtered by age: 19-24
Urban Decay NAKED2

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

This was the first palette I bought when I started experimenting with eye shadows, and it remains the only eye shadow palette I own because I keep a contrived rule of finishing or tossing items before purchasing anything similar.
Thanks to that, this palette has become my ball and chain throughout the years, because despite it having a reputation for being cool/neutral toned (clashing with my warm/olive skin), I can't find anything wrong with it that would make me wholeheartedly dislike it enough to throw away a $66 CAD splurge. Jokes aside, the colours can complement warmer skin tones well, so long as they're used alongside other colours that bring warmth.

This is probably my least favourite of all the Naked palettes. I don't find it to be significantly different from number 1 in terms of basics, nor is it anything special or unique, like 3 and Smoky are. I think if I didn't have 1, I would like this for traveling but I usually just pick up whichever one is nearer when I need one to take on the go. Nothing special but I do think having one of either 1 or 2 is a useful tool in your makeup kit.

on 2/2/2017 8:02:00 PM

I feel like its redundant to even write this review, but the price of this pallete is justified by the quality of them.
I am not at all skilled when it comes to applying eye makeup, but these eye shadows are so nicely pigmented and easy to blend that its difficult to mess it up.
The staying power of the shadows is really good, even without any primer, and the fallout is not noticable after the initial application.
Would definitely recommend. My only criticism is that there is a lot of shimmer and not enough mattes.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I like the palette. It's my favorite out of the three. The colors are absolutely gorgeous, even though I'm usually not a fan of very shimmery eyeshadows, I find them inelegant.

It contains matte, shimmery and glittery shades.
The matte shades are alright, not dazzling, but pigmented enough. Blackout is the darkest black I've seen. Unfortunately they are not ideal for my southern european olive (but pale) skin tone.
The shimmery ones are beautiful but disappear very quickly without a primer.
The glitter shades are impossible. Lasting power is nonexistent and cannot be applied dry unless your goal is to have purpurine all over your face that doesn't wash off. It stressed me out so much. I'll try wetting the brush with Mac Fix+ and cover my face with tissue on my second try.

I can't say I'm not slightly disappointed with the quality of this palette. I definitely had high expectations (the hype is insane) but I don't find them unrealistic or unreasonable. I guess I'll have to work around its flaws! I recommend it nonetheless - I'm aware it sounds contradictory but I had to mention in case it's a deal breaker for some - since it allows you to create so many different looks with incredible versatility, it's a good investment that will have you covered.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

PROS:
- amazing pigmentation
- good selection of neutral colours, although they tend to run cool
- very easy to blend, yet doesn't blend out into ashy nothingness

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Urban decay eyeshadow palettes are so overrated! I've used much better quality shadows with a much lower price tag. I only gave into the hype because I've always wanted to own one and when I saw this item on sale I had to get it. My oh my the regrets.. Immediately I thought: meh. They aren't very pigmented when applied on the eyelids. For the price that it is I'd expect much more. The shadows itself are also pretty small, you don't get a lot of product. Thankfully there are better palettes out there and I can sell away or give this overrated palette away.

Try other palettes like those from Zoeva, Juvia's Nubian Palettes, Makeup Geek shadows, ABH and so much more. Seriously don't waste your money on this!

on 9/15/2016 7:53:00 AM

Have this makeup palette for about a year. On my opinion it is very hard to apply, pigmentation is weak comparing to the other naked palettes which I also have and it makes my eyes look very dry and wrinkly ! No other eye shadow does it that bad ( I'm 24 I don't have wrinkles on my eyes only a bit of sensitive skin and dryness)and I do use eye primer before application. Will not buy again. 1/5

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought an authentic Naked 2 palette off of Poshmark, and I absolutely love it! I can't wait to get the Naked 3 and Naked Smoky next. These eyeshadows are definitely cooler toned, which is perfect for me. I'm happy with the variety of these shadows, and they are so pigmented and smooth and velvety! I definitely use this just as much as I use the original Naked, so if you're a cool-toned girl like me, it's worth the investment.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Best palette ever love it💖

on 4/24/2016 10:11:00 PM

Don't buy into the hype. This is a decent palette at best. Urban Decay's NAKED palettes are decent, but so, so far from perfect. Maybe they're good from the price point, but you can find much, much, MUCH better eyeshadows from certain other luxury brands. I was at first so excited when I bought NAKED2; it swatched so, so beautifully. Better than even my holy grail eyeshadows. It seemed so pigmented, so finely milled. I've had it for about a month now and I've tried many different eye looks with it, but all of them have been fails. Yes, some shades are better than others, but generally speaking, these shadows don't blend well. Mistakes are impossible to correct, and one wrong stroke will ruin your entire eye look. Certain shades like Chopper have heavy fallout. And while the shades looked so pretty on my arm, they are almost ugly once on the eyelid. It is also impossible to build up the colour, and colours such as Foxy have no pigment whatsoever. Dig your brush in Foxy as much as you want, you will never get any colour payoff. Not even with their famous primer potion, which works better on other brands. I have half a mind to give this palette away, but I think I'll keep it for those rare occasions when I don't have time for a good eye look. I might be better off powdering my eyelids with translucent powder, though.