Urban Decay NAKED2

Filtered by age: 19-24
Urban Decay NAKED2

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 9/29/2018 1:34:00 AM

By far my favourite full sized naked palette! Works super well when I have very fair skin, and transitions easily to when I have a really solid tan! Are the colours the most unique in the world? Nope. But for us basic ladies who just want a solid neutral palette without bright red in it, it’s damn good!

This is probably my least favorite UD palette. I like cold colors but the shimmer shades won't show up well on my eyelid, no matter if I use my finger or a brus. They are too blendable which makes them appear muddy after application. So basically your looks won't have a visible difference. The two lips are for the beautiful colors, the useful brush and the packaging.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I like this palette, but I don't think it's anything revolutionary. The colour selection is good. I like the range, and the black is a bonus. I find the fall-out pretty bad, though. Even with a primer, the shadows tend to crease by the end of the day. The brush is nice. I frequently find myself wishing that the palette was a little more compact, or at least more square. I'll continue to use this palette while I have it, but I won't be repurchasing it. There are a lot of other palettes out there now with similar shade ranges, and I don't think the formula of the NAKED2 palette is good enough to prevent me from experimenting with other brands.

This was the first palette I bought when I started experimenting with eye shadows, and it remains the only eye shadow palette I own because I keep a contrived rule of finishing or tossing items before purchasing anything similar.
Thanks to that, this palette has become my ball and chain throughout the years, because despite it having a reputation for being cool/neutral toned (clashing with my warm/olive skin), I can't find anything wrong with it that would make me wholeheartedly dislike it enough to throw away a $66 CAD splurge. Jokes aside, the colours can complement warmer skin tones well, so long as they're used alongside other colours that bring warmth.

This is probably my least favourite of all the Naked palettes. I don't find it to be significantly different from number 1 in terms of basics, nor is it anything special or unique, like 3 and Smoky are. I think if I didn't have 1, I would like this for traveling but I usually just pick up whichever one is nearer when I need one to take on the go. Nothing special but I do think having one of either 1 or 2 is a useful tool in your makeup kit.

on 2/2/2017 8:02:00 PM

I feel like its redundant to even write this review, but the price of this pallete is justified by the quality of them.
I am not at all skilled when it comes to applying eye makeup, but these eye shadows are so nicely pigmented and easy to blend that its difficult to mess it up.
The staying power of the shadows is really good, even without any primer, and the fallout is not noticable after the initial application.
Would definitely recommend. My only criticism is that there is a lot of shimmer and not enough mattes.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I like the palette. It's my favorite out of the three. The colors are absolutely gorgeous, even though I'm usually not a fan of very shimmery eyeshadows, I find them inelegant.

It contains matte, shimmery and glittery shades.
The matte shades are alright, not dazzling, but pigmented enough. Blackout is the darkest black I've seen. Unfortunately they are not ideal for my southern european olive (but pale) skin tone.
The shimmery ones are beautiful but disappear very quickly without a primer.
The glitter shades are impossible. Lasting power is nonexistent and cannot be applied dry unless your goal is to have purpurine all over your face that doesn't wash off. It stressed me out so much. I'll try wetting the brush with Mac Fix+ and cover my face with tissue on my second try.

I can't say I'm not slightly disappointed with the quality of this palette. I definitely had high expectations (the hype is insane) but I don't find them unrealistic or unreasonable. I guess I'll have to work around its flaws! I recommend it nonetheless - I'm aware it sounds contradictory but I had to mention in case it's a deal breaker for some - since it allows you to create so many different looks with incredible versatility, it's a good investment that will have you covered.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

PROS:
- amazing pigmentation
- good selection of neutral colours, although they tend to run cool
- very easy to blend, yet doesn't blend out into ashy nothingness

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Urban decay eyeshadow palettes are so overrated! I've used much better quality shadows with a much lower price tag. I only gave into the hype because I've always wanted to own one and when I saw this item on sale I had to get it. My oh my the regrets.. Immediately I thought: meh. They aren't very pigmented when applied on the eyelids. For the price that it is I'd expect much more. The shadows itself are also pretty small, you don't get a lot of product. Thankfully there are better palettes out there and I can sell away or give this overrated palette away.

Try other palettes like those from Zoeva, Juvia's Nubian Palettes, Makeup Geek shadows, ABH and so much more. Seriously don't waste your money on this!

on 9/15/2016 7:53:00 AM

Have this makeup palette for about a year. On my opinion it is very hard to apply, pigmentation is weak comparing to the other naked palettes which I also have and it makes my eyes look very dry and wrinkly ! No other eye shadow does it that bad ( I'm 24 I don't have wrinkles on my eyes only a bit of sensitive skin and dryness)and I do use eye primer before application. Will not buy again. 1/5