Urban Decay NAKED2

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
Urban Decay NAKED2

4.5

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/3/2017 6:20:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

My opinion of this palette has really changed over the years. I got this palette when I first started getting into makeup and thought it was the best thing on the market, but since I've become familiar with different eyeshadow formulas, such as ABH, MG, Zoeva, Colourpop etc, I tend not to reach for this palette, although I do think it still has some value in my collection, hence why I haven't gotten rid of it.

PROS:
-Colour selection - I'm NW10-15, grey eyes, cool undertones etc. and find the taupe tones in this palette to be really flattering. Warm tones dominate the market right now, and I find it's really nice to wear something cooler. The silver shades in this palette (Verve and Pistol) are gorgeous, as is YDK (my favourite taupe). I also really love Bootycall, and Tease is a great transition shade. In fact, the only dud for me in this Chopper, I find the glitter to be too chunky.
-Packaging - Perhaps not the prettiest, but definitely durable; I'd have no worries travelling with this palette. The brush that comes with this palette is excellent too, especially for packing eyeshadow.

CONS
-Pigmentation - I swear the pigment of this palette has faded with age. Maybe it's because I know have more pigmented shadows in my collection, but I definitely remember it being better than it used to. Certain shades are worse than others (the silver shades are often lacking in pigment), and as UD's shadow formula is more stiff, blending is also not particularly easy.
-Lack of mattes - Naked 2 has the same problem as the first one in that it's lacking in mattes. There's 3; Foxy, a yellow toned cream matte, Tease, a grey/purpley matte, and Blackout. They're good shadows, but I wish there were more mattes rather than the abundance of shimmer shades.

This palette certainly isn't my favourite, but I wouldn't get rid of it unless I could find a replacement of cool, taupe-y shades like in here. I have the Naked Basics 2, which does partially make up for the lack of mattes, but at the same time, you shouldn't have to buy another £22 palette to make this one more cohesive! I wouldn't necessarily recommend this palette, if you're looking for a cool toned palette, I'd perhaps advise looking into the Lorac Pro 2, or collecting single eyeshadows in a Z palette.

If I could only use one palette it would probably be it!

First of all, the packaging is stunning and I love the size of the mirror. The double sided brush is perfect. One side is great for packing on eyeshadow, and the other side works well for blending.

I love the pigmentation of of the shadows and the colours are absolutely beautiful.

HOWEVER I find that the shadows don't last long at all. They crease terribly on me (my skin is pretty oily).

I find myself reaching for my Shaaanxo palette more even though it only cost $14 because it actually lasts on me.

This product is over hyped. The shadows do not blend. They are also very patchy. I've heard the same about the others.

Love this palette. It got all the right colours and the glitters are absolutely beautiful! The pigment is good and the packaging is cute and simple.
Would definitely repurchase.

on 9/23/2016 12:14:00 AM

This is the 3rd naked eyeshadow palette I bought and each one I love more and more! It blends perfectly and it is very pigmented. I never wear primer and at the end of the day it still looks exactly the same.

on 8/17/2016 9:09:00 PM

I personally love this palette as it is full of cool-toned shades and few warm shades that can be used for a natural or dramatic look! My favourite shades so far are Verve (I loove using it in the inner corners as a highlight) and Chopper (it reminds me of rose gold).

This palette isn't perfect as it does have its pros and cons.

Pros:
- Great variety of shade colours
- Most shades are highly pigmented
- Comes with a decent brush (great for a beginner!)
- GREAT VALUE (each shadow is full size and one full size single shadow costs around $20 CAD)
- Most colours go with each other well

Cons:
- Fallout from shadows especially the more glittery ones
- Very few matte shades
- The colour "Foxy" might not appear at all on some skin tones
- Some of the lighter shades aren't as pigmented

The Naked 2 is a more cool-toned palette so choose a palette according to what suits your skin tone ! However, you can never go wrong with the original Naked palette.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This palette comes with 12 stunning neutral shades. The color range is more on the colder side.

Shades:

Foxy - is a yellowtoned matte skintone color.
Half baked - is a beautiful golden shimmery color.
Bootycall - is a light color with a subtle shine.
Chopper - is a cobber, shimmery shade.
Tease - is the 2nd matte color. It's a cold, neutral brown with grey and purple undertones.
Snakebite - is a bronze shade with a sheen.
Suspect - is a lighter bronze with shimmer.
Pistol - is a grey shimmery color.
Verve - is a light shimmery color with grey undertones.
YDK - is a stunning metallic bronze with slightly purple undertones.
Busted - is a dark brown with some shine.
Blackout - is a matte black

I think it would be nice with more matte shades in the palette since there's only 3.

Formula:

The formula on the shadows is great. The matte ones are really soft and silky. The shimmery ones are creamy and pigmented. Some of the shimmery colors have a more powdery finish and they have bit of fallout (YDK, Chopper and Half baked). To intensify the shimmery shadows even more I either put them on with my finger, or apply them wet. But overall I think the formula is good.

Packaging:

I think the packaging is pretty. It's a hard metallic packaging. When you open it, it has a big mirror, the 12 shades with names under and a double ended brush. The brush has a flat side, which is good at putting on lid shades, and on the other side it has a more fluffy crease brush. The hair is synthetic. Normally I don't like brushes that comes with palettes but this is really good and high quality.

Overall I think this is a good palette and great if you're just starting out with eyeshadow, but still want something high quality.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This palette is great for cool toned skin. The pigments are quite nice, some shades needing a heavier hand to get colour pay-off.

The colour 'Chopper' is my favourite, although there is a medium amount of fallout. These glitter shades work best when my brush is wet, which gives a 'foiled' look. I reach for the colour 'Tease' the most as it acts as a nice cool-toned transition. Another favourite is 'Blackout' as I mainly use it to mattify my eyeliner and smoke out my lash line.

The packaging is simple yet sleek, a muted gold colour. It has a secure closure and is quite sturdy- good for travel.

A pleasing, everyday palette, for neutral to nighttime looks.

on 4/20/2016 5:09:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

First of all I would like to address the fact that this palette is not recommended for warm toned people. I'm going to have to disagree with that... if your skin is similar to mine.

Although the veins in my wrist are completely purple and blue thus classifying me as a cool toned person, I have very obvious yellow tones in my skin and am about nc20-25 in mac. So not quite neutral either...

I have to say despite only using it for a short amount of time, this has got to be my favourite naked palette. I own all three plus the smoky ( urban decay eyeshadow junkie) and although the first naked did compliment the warm tones to my skin, I don't feel it gives the wow factor like the naked 2, which really brings out and lightens my medium brown eyes, bringing out all sorts of colours in them!

The pigmentation is excellent as with all urban decay naked eyeshadow palettes and the colour selection is perfect in this palette... definitely cool toned but with some complementary warmish shades thrown in which balances the palette.

I feel like this palette is more suitable for everyday eye looks than the naked 1, as there is less glittery shades with some of the greys and the black providing some drama for events or night time looks.

I would definitely suggest to warm toned ladies with blue purple veins (haha!)/ warm toned ladies in general to not be put off by those saying it will not work for you. Try it out, swatch it!

As for cool toned girls this palette is definitely up your street.

Fast becoming my favourite eyeshadow palette!!