Urban Decay NAKED2

Urban Decay NAKED2

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/15/2018 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the only Urban Decay Naked palette I own. I got it for Christmas 2014 & have used it so often, it's honestly a miracle that I've only hit pan in 2 or 3 shades. This palette is perfection when it comes to a collection of neutral eyeshadows. I haven't noticed all the fallout that some people mention in recent reviews, but maybe that's because I have an older version? I tap my brush off after dipping into the shadows & only get a little bit of fallout with one shade: Chopper (a rose gold with small bits of silver glitter). My favorite way to use these eyeshadow shades is for a one-&-done work look. I can use YDK (a gorgeous super-metallic bronze) or Suspect (a shimmery light brown)... any shade really... packed on the lid & blended out, & it looks good. While I've had this palette well past it's expiration date, I've stored it properly & it still performs well. I won't repurchase though, as I've gravitated away from Urban Decay since they were bought out by L'Oreal.

on 3/24/2018 6:43:00 PM

It's definitely great for daily use, you can always find something for work or play. There is a lot of fallout - which I'm sure has been said a thousand times.

This is probably my least favorite UD palette. I like cold colors but the shimmer shades won't show up well on my eyelid, no matter if I use my finger or a brus. They are too blendable which makes them appear muddy after application. So basically your looks won't have a visible difference. The two lips are for the beautiful colors, the useful brush and the packaging.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Enjoyed the colours but the create way too much fallout and this is coming from a professional makeup artist with the correct tools and techniques. I have been working within the industry for 6+ and bought a few Urban Decay palettes due to the hype, however, I do not feel these are professional quality eyeshadows. The brush is also atrocious, you cannot use this as a blending brush. I would recommend having a tissue nearby to tap off excess product - you will need to do this multiple times. I would also highly recommend using a better quality brush, something quite soft, as the formula is very powdery. If you use something firm you will not be able to create a diffused look. It was okay, but I wouldn't repurchase it again for above reasons.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I like this palette, but I don't think it's anything revolutionary. The colour selection is good. I like the range, and the black is a bonus. I find the fall-out pretty bad, though. Even with a primer, the shadows tend to crease by the end of the day. The brush is nice. I frequently find myself wishing that the palette was a little more compact, or at least more square. I'll continue to use this palette while I have it, but I won't be repurchasing it. There are a lot of other palettes out there now with similar shade ranges, and I don't think the formula of the NAKED2 palette is good enough to prevent me from experimenting with other brands.

This was the first palette I bought when I started experimenting with eye shadows, and it remains the only eye shadow palette I own because I keep a contrived rule of finishing or tossing items before purchasing anything similar.
Thanks to that, this palette has become my ball and chain throughout the years, because despite it having a reputation for being cool/neutral toned (clashing with my warm/olive skin), I can't find anything wrong with it that would make me wholeheartedly dislike it enough to throw away a $66 CAD splurge. Jokes aside, the colours can complement warmer skin tones well, so long as they're used alongside other colours that bring warmth.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I don't normally buy eyeshadow (because I own way too much), but I got a chance to buy this one discounted and felt it was too good to pass up.

I love love love the colour palette, I'm quite neutral myself - warm tones in summer and cool tones in summer, and this works for both. The pigmentation is quite light, but buildable - I actually like that, because I tend to go with very natural looks in the daytime and heavy sparkly looks in the evening. If I go traveling and can only take one palette, this is the one, since it's versatile enough. I also like that it includes black and two highlight shades - one matt and one shimmery.

I find I'm quite picky with brushes. This one is quite harsh on pressed powder and lifts a lot of product from the palette, but there's quite a lot of fallout from the brush itself. That said, I like the shape/cut, it makes actual application dead easy.

Packaging: After having destroyed many a palette in my handbag, it's nice to see something that can take some hits and still survive.

I wouldn't necessarily repurchase for the original price, but on a discount I probably would.

on 8/3/2017 6:20:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

My opinion of this palette has really changed over the years. I got this palette when I first started getting into makeup and thought it was the best thing on the market, but since I've become familiar with different eyeshadow formulas, such as ABH, MG, Zoeva, Colourpop etc, I tend not to reach for this palette, although I do think it still has some value in my collection, hence why I haven't gotten rid of it.

PROS:
-Colour selection - I'm NW10-15, grey eyes, cool undertones etc. and find the taupe tones in this palette to be really flattering. Warm tones dominate the market right now, and I find it's really nice to wear something cooler. The silver shades in this palette (Verve and Pistol) are gorgeous, as is YDK (my favourite taupe). I also really love Bootycall, and Tease is a great transition shade. In fact, the only dud for me in this Chopper, I find the glitter to be too chunky.
-Packaging - Perhaps not the prettiest, but definitely durable; I'd have no worries travelling with this palette. The brush that comes with this palette is excellent too, especially for packing eyeshadow.

CONS
-Pigmentation - I swear the pigment of this palette has faded with age. Maybe it's because I know have more pigmented shadows in my collection, but I definitely remember it being better than it used to. Certain shades are worse than others (the silver shades are often lacking in pigment), and as UD's shadow formula is more stiff, blending is also not particularly easy.
-Lack of mattes - Naked 2 has the same problem as the first one in that it's lacking in mattes. There's 3; Foxy, a yellow toned cream matte, Tease, a grey/purpley matte, and Blackout. They're good shadows, but I wish there were more mattes rather than the abundance of shimmer shades.

This palette certainly isn't my favourite, but I wouldn't get rid of it unless I could find a replacement of cool, taupe-y shades like in here. I have the Naked Basics 2, which does partially make up for the lack of mattes, but at the same time, you shouldn't have to buy another £22 palette to make this one more cohesive! I wouldn't necessarily recommend this palette, if you're looking for a cool toned palette, I'd perhaps advise looking into the Lorac Pro 2, or collecting single eyeshadows in a Z palette.

If I could only use one palette it would probably be it!

I always grab for this palette I have cool toned skin and I was so excited when this hit the shops, not the cheapest of products I'll admit but I would buy it again if I ever managed to hit pan on all the colours, I wouldn't bother with the brush that comes with it though

Popular Palettes