Alterna Haircare Bamboo Smooth Kendi Oil Dry Oil Mist

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Alterna Haircare Bamboo Smooth Kendi Oil Dry Oil Mist

4.2

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Phospholipids, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Polysilicone-15, Bambusa Vulgaris Extract, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Superoxide Dismutase, Tocopherol, Saccharomyces/Magnesium Ferment, Saccharomyces/Copper Ferment, Saccharomyces/Silicon Ferment, Saccharomyces/Zinc Ferment, Saccharomyces/Iron Ferment, Passiflora Edulis Seed Oil, Glycerin, Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Water (Aqua), Fragrance (Parfum), Citronellol, Limonene, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional.

on 3/17/2018 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I got a sample of this product and remember really liking it. It adds a nice 'slickness' and shine to the hair without weighing it down. It's one of the few products you can add to dry hair without it getting greasy. I'd really recommend it if you blow dry your hair.

on 6/6/2016 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this product for heat protection and it works very well, especially for frizz. It also makes my hair smooth and shiny. Although it is a spray, it does not tend to spray in a mist and concentrates in one spot. What I do to counter this is I spray the product into my hands and then run it through my hair. I highly recommend this for people with dry hair, but not those with oily hair as it will feel greasy. The spray also does have an odd smell (although it's not a bad one). It costs $25, which is not too bad for a higher end hair product.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Edit: I'm knocking a star off of this because I'm not loving it as much as I thought I would. I do like the concept of an oil spray, however, I'm finding that it tends to give a concentrated burst of oil instead of an all over even mist. So it tends to look uneven throughout my hair and can make some sections look greasy. I tried holding the bottle back but then it goes all over the tile floor and makes it a slippery mess. So now I'm thinking the spray may not be the best application after all.

Very nice! And I love how easy it is to use, just spray it on lightly. I use it on the length of my hair, not near the roots. The first time I used it I thought I had overdone it and my hair looked greasy, but it soaked in within a couple minutes and made my hair look healthy.

on 1/5/2015 12:14:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is horrible. Makes my hair oily, matte, stiff, dry. It's a very bad mix of mineral oil and silicones. Huge waste of money.

on 11/30/2014 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

11/9/2015 update: I repurchased this after using up yet another bottle of my beloved ION Keratin Dry Oil mist. Why? Because I wanted to be fair and give a more thorough review.

This makes my hair soft without weighing it down. I appreciate that it has a bunch of natural oils yet doesn't make me look like a balding rat.

HOWEVER I feel the ION is still very close in formula/performance, but gives more slip than Alterna. That is definitely due to the fact the Alterna version isn't loaded with silicones. Ion does have quite a bit of silicones and my hair loves that.

Alterna's version is still WONDERFUL and I'm VERY thankful for there being another dry oil on the market. However this just isn't "holy grail" status.
--------
Original review:

I'm not saying this is a bad product. I am however, saying, that the price is ridiculous and I was able to find an even BETTER quality dupe. If any of you love this dry oil, check out ION Keratin Dry Oil Mist from Sally Beauty Supply. ION is about $7. The consistency is lighter than Alterna's. If ION's dry oil disappeared off the market, I would settle and continue repurchasing Alterna's Bamboo Smooth "dry" Oil Mist as it is a close second best.

Either way I am just happy to see another dry oil on the market. I can not think of any hair type these would not work on. Dry oils are especially a miracle product for us gals with damaged fine hair as it is very moisturizing yet light in consistency.

on 10/1/2014 12:18:00 PM

I have purchased this numerous times, and it has saved my hair. Countless times, I am done styling my hair and it looks dry and awful. One spritz, one section at a time, then a once-over with a flat iron, and my hair looks 1,000 times better. It doesn't make my hair look greasy or weigh it down.

Amazing product that I finally had to get full size! It says for medium hair my hair is medium to thick, very prone to frizz, long, and loves moisture. I only need a small amount which shocks me and this makes my hair so shiny and smooth! I like the sprayer on this but the bottle is delicate so not super travel friendly IMO. I have the small bottles which, one could use for travel because this stuff is pretty amazing. I thought only Argan oil would work for my hair till I tried this. A few sprays on damp hair before I braid it and when I take it out my hair is smooth, wavy, and frizz free. It's also good for touch ups and does not make my hair greasy!

It's definitely on the pricey side but you do not need a lot. Even those with finer to thick hair could use this as a shine spray and/or frizz tamer. I like how it absorbs into the hair it doesn't feel like it sits on top of my hair. When I first used this months ago I wasn't expecting much but when it really made a difference. I knew I had to go full size because I didn't want to go without this! A little goes a long way too which rocks. This is a product I really would and do tell my friends to try, because it just makes my hair feel so lush and under control. It makes me want to get the shampoo and conditioner too. :) Recommended!

on 5/25/2014 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This dry oil spray is really good, among the best I have ever used. I have medium fine wavy hair, over shoulder length, if I let it air dry which I would love to do, I end up with a frizz fest. So I have to blow dry my hair or use a flatiron. Most hair oils or mists end up weighing down my hair, making it greasy and limp, or don't have any noticeable effects. The Kendi mist is perfect in so many ways. I use about 10 sprays on my hair, concentrating on lengths and ends:
- Excellent packaging, the nozzle really dispenses a very fine mist and does not clog
- Leaves my hair soft to the touch
- Softly fragranced, pleasant to my nose (obviously, scents are very personal)
- After styling my hair has shine, body and bounce
At $25 per bottle it is definitely not cheap, but it really is a good product and the bottle lasts a few months, so I feel it is money well spent.

on 3/10/2014 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is by far the best thing I have ever bought for my hair.

I have fine hair, but lots of it, it can be unruly, it can be frizzy and dry. Applying this just before I blow dry and straighten, I have smooth, shiny hair that's easy to style and keeps the style throughout the day, it's amazing stuff. And, although it is lightweight, you can be too liberal with it, just a small amount is needed.

WOULD NOT and COULD NOT be without this.

on 3/14/2013 5:18:00 PM

I first got a trial size of this because I wasn't sure how i'd like it, but i went through it so quickly and decided to get a full size!! It is some awesome stuff! I've fried my hair and this helps it shine, even though it's in horrible condition. I love it and definitely will repurchase again!!