Alterna Haircare Bamboo Smooth Kendi Oil Dry Oil Mist

Filtered by hair type : Other
Alterna Haircare Bamboo Smooth Kendi Oil Dry Oil Mist

4.3

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Phospholipids, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Polysilicone-15, Bambusa Vulgaris Extract, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Superoxide Dismutase, Tocopherol, Saccharomyces/Magnesium Ferment, Saccharomyces/Copper Ferment, Saccharomyces/Silicon Ferment, Saccharomyces/Zinc Ferment, Saccharomyces/Iron Ferment, Passiflora Edulis Seed Oil, Glycerin, Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Water (Aqua), Fragrance (Parfum), Citronellol, Limonene, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love the idea of oil that doesn't feel greasy... but I'm on the hunt for a replacement for this. It doesn't work for my hair type or meet my needs.

I wash my hair every 4-5 days. It's dull from straightening, so I use this to replace the natural shine I've lost.

My hair is plentiful, but still fine. Unfortunately, benefits of this spray wear off after 8 hours. So, I'm spritzing with this daily to maintain shine. That means... after 5 days, I have way too much residue and build up to remove, so I'm using harsher shampoo than I prefer. Instead, a petroleum based hydrator or pure oil would be better suited for what I need... a much smaller amount can create smoothness that lasts until I wash it away.

on 9/6/2012 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I got the sample size as a Sephora gift and I love this stuff! Top quality product, smells so good and works to keep frizz down and add shine! Also, a little goes a long way. I'm very pleased :)

on 8/13/2012 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this stuff!! I live in a dry climate, so my hair gets quite dry especially in the winter. This mist is lightweight and does not weigh my hair down nor leave my hair greasy. I love that this is a fine mist so it distributes the product evenly. I love this way more than my HG Biosilk because I find that the mist is much lighter on my hair and less messy to apply (It doesn't get all over my hands).

My only gripe about this is the price. It costs $27 CAD for 125 mL. For that price, it should come with more product because daily use with this bottle has only lasted a few months.

I have since found a similar drugstore product called Organix Moroccan Argan Oil. It costs $10 for 118 mL and requires less spritzes than the Alterna one. Though it is argan oil and not kendi oil, I find that it works the same on my hair. Love it.

on 6/23/2012 11:20:00 PM

A new HG product for my fine, dry, color-treated hair. This oil smoothes, defrizzes, adds shine and leaves my hair so soft my boyfriend noticed IMMEDIATLEY that I had used something differrent on my hair.

What it doesn't do: Weight my hair down, feel greasy or leave a residue.

I paid more than I would like to for the bottle, but you need so little product per use that it ends up being a pretty decent value. (One bottle will last you months -- over a year if you don't use it every day.)

Highly recommend.