Alterna Haircare Bamboo Smooth Kendi Oil Dry Oil Mist

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Alterna Haircare Bamboo Smooth Kendi Oil Dry Oil Mist

4.3

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Phospholipids, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Polysilicone-15, Bambusa Vulgaris Extract, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Superoxide Dismutase, Tocopherol, Saccharomyces/Magnesium Ferment, Saccharomyces/Copper Ferment, Saccharomyces/Silicon Ferment, Saccharomyces/Zinc Ferment, Saccharomyces/Iron Ferment, Passiflora Edulis Seed Oil, Glycerin, Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Water (Aqua), Fragrance (Parfum), Citronellol, Limonene, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional.

on 10/12/2018 4:36:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

One of the only oils I can use a lot of and my hair just soaks it up, never gets too oily. Scent is neutral, I don't really notice it. Seems to make my hair shinier and easier to manage. Doesn't make a massive difference but it is a nice addition to other moisturizers/protectants I use. Canadians you can get this at winners quite often for $12.99 instead of the $34 at salons. Would repurchase.

on 7/26/2018 4:50:00 PM

This makes my hair very nice and silky/shiny. i use this as a heat protectant and after i curl or straighten my hair. it does not weigh hair down at all. the smell is really nice and i do not mind it. I really enjoy using this. i love sprays rather than the actual oil version in the droppler because its lighter on the hair and less messy. ive tried briogeo rosarco, invisible oil by b&b, morrocanoil, silk elements olive oil, chi silk infusion, its a 10 and ogx coconut oil and argan oil. I must say this is very expensive and i do like the ogx coconut oil just as much. I like the smell.of the ogx better. So i wont repurchase but i def dont regret trying this out.

on 3/17/2018 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I got a sample of this product and remember really liking it. It adds a nice 'slickness' and shine to the hair without weighing it down. It's one of the few products you can add to dry hair without it getting greasy. I'd really recommend it if you blow dry your hair.

I've had this product in my collection for over a month now and I'm really glad I purchased it! I use this every day and it really improves the look of my hair. I spritz one pump into my hand and distribute it through my dry hair after blow-drying or air-drying. It adds beautiful shine and helps calm down my frizz. It never feels heavy in my hair, but I'm sure this could make hair greasy if you apply too much. This product is described as a nutrient-rich dry oil. I'm not sure if this is actually making my hair healthier, considering the first ingredients are silicones, but it definitely makes my hair feel smooth and sleek. The price is steep at $25 but considering I only need one spritz for each use, I think this will last a long time. I should also mention that this smells wonderful! If you like the scent of the Moroccanoil products, you'll probably like this. Overall, this is a great finishing product and I'm happy to have it in my collection. I will repurchase!

on 11/5/2016 4:37:00 AM

Very good product, works very well on thin hair without giving any weight to it. Still hydrates and nourishes, calms downs frizzy hair. Has lovely smell.

on 6/6/2016 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this product for heat protection and it works very well, especially for frizz. It also makes my hair smooth and shiny. Although it is a spray, it does not tend to spray in a mist and concentrates in one spot. What I do to counter this is I spray the product into my hands and then run it through my hair. I highly recommend this for people with dry hair, but not those with oily hair as it will feel greasy. The spray also does have an odd smell (although it's not a bad one). It costs $25, which is not too bad for a higher end hair product.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Amazing product. Works so well on my fine, damaged hair. I can use it on wet or dry hair and it never feels heavy or greasy. I feel like it really heals and protects my hair and it makes it look shiny and healthy. Love!

Best shine spray I've found ever since my HG Ojon one was discontinued. This doesn't weigh down my baby fine, color treated hair and imparts a beautiful glossy shine.

on 1/5/2015 12:14:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is horrible. Makes my hair oily, matte, stiff, dry. It's a very bad mix of mineral oil and silicones. Huge waste of money.

on 11/30/2014 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

11/9/2015 update: I repurchased this after using up yet another bottle of my beloved ION Keratin Dry Oil mist. Why? Because I wanted to be fair and give a more thorough review.

This makes my hair soft without weighing it down. I appreciate that it has a bunch of natural oils yet doesn't make me look like a balding rat.

HOWEVER I feel the ION is still very close in formula/performance, but gives more slip than Alterna. That is definitely due to the fact the Alterna version isn't loaded with silicones. Ion does have quite a bit of silicones and my hair loves that.

Alterna's version is still WONDERFUL and I'm VERY thankful for there being another dry oil on the market. However this just isn't "holy grail" status.
--------
Original review:

I'm not saying this is a bad product. I am however, saying, that the price is ridiculous and I was able to find an even BETTER quality dupe. If any of you love this dry oil, check out ION Keratin Dry Oil Mist from Sally Beauty Supply. ION is about $7. The consistency is lighter than Alterna's. If ION's dry oil disappeared off the market, I would settle and continue repurchasing Alterna's Bamboo Smooth "dry" Oil Mist as it is a close second best.

Either way I am just happy to see another dry oil on the market. I can not think of any hair type these would not work on. Dry oils are especially a miracle product for us gals with damaged fine hair as it is very moisturizing yet light in consistency.