Alterna Haircare Bamboo Smooth Kendi Oil Dry Oil Mist

Alterna Haircare Bamboo Smooth Kendi Oil Dry Oil Mist

4.3

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Phospholipids, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Polysilicone-15, Bambusa Vulgaris Extract, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Superoxide Dismutase, Tocopherol, Saccharomyces/Magnesium Ferment, Saccharomyces/Copper Ferment, Saccharomyces/Silicon Ferment, Saccharomyces/Zinc Ferment, Saccharomyces/Iron Ferment, Passiflora Edulis Seed Oil, Glycerin, Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Water (Aqua), Fragrance (Parfum), Citronellol, Limonene, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional.

on 11/30/2014 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

11/9/2015 update: I repurchased this after using up yet another bottle of my beloved ION Keratin Dry Oil mist. Why? Because I wanted to be fair and give a more thorough review.

This makes my hair soft without weighing it down. I appreciate that it has a bunch of natural oils yet doesn't make me look like a balding rat.

HOWEVER I feel the ION is still very close in formula/performance, but gives more slip than Alterna. That is definitely due to the fact the Alterna version isn't loaded with silicones. Ion does have quite a bit of silicones and my hair loves that.

Alterna's version is still WONDERFUL and I'm VERY thankful for there being another dry oil on the market. However this just isn't "holy grail" status.
--------
Original review:

I'm not saying this is a bad product. I am however, saying, that the price is ridiculous and I was able to find an even BETTER quality dupe. If any of you love this dry oil, check out ION Keratin Dry Oil Mist from Sally Beauty Supply. ION is about $7. The consistency is lighter than Alterna's. If ION's dry oil disappeared off the market, I would settle and continue repurchasing Alterna's Bamboo Smooth "dry" Oil Mist as it is a close second best.

Either way I am just happy to see another dry oil on the market. I can not think of any hair type these would not work on. Dry oils are especially a miracle product for us gals with damaged fine hair as it is very moisturizing yet light in consistency.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This product has changed my hair! I have somewhat coarse, curly hair that I straighten or curl almost daily. Anytime I blow dry my hair, it gets SUPER frizzy and stands on end and feels like straw. My hair is rarely ever shiny and rarely ever feels soft. I let my hair air dry until it's about 50% dry, spray 2 pumps of this dry oil into my hands and distribute it throughout my hair, then I proceed to blow dry it. After I'm done blow drying, I put a little more of this on my hair and straighten it. After using this, my hair is instantly transformed into a soft, shiny curtain of hair with little to no frizz and smells great too! I love it. I'm on my second bottle of this and will continue to repurchase. I don't know that my hair could live without it.

on 11/5/2016 4:37:00 AM

Very good product, works very well on thin hair without giving any weight to it. Still hydrates and nourishes, calms downs frizzy hair. Has lovely smell.

on 1/3/2013 1:10:00 AM

Damn that Sephora and their samples. I get suckered into to buying so much crap because of their delux samples. Needless to say I received this as a sample. I used it on damp hair. The smell is nice, it has a clean scent to it, very pleasant. I blow dry my hair and use a Chi styling iron. This dry oil mist made my hair very soft, there was no greasy after effect at all. My hair was shiny and when I dried it and used the iron, my hair felt smooth. It gave a nice finish to my hair. I have naturally straight, medium texture hair. I just bleached the underside of my hair by my temples and my hair is very damaged right now. This oil makes it so soft and pretty. I just ordered 2 bottles from Sephora. It's $24 a bottle for 4oz. That's pricey but it works wonders so I don't mind paying that price.

on 5/27/2012 8:14:00 PM

i'm on my second bottle of this and like it very much after I learned what worked best on my fine, thin, frizzy, dry hair. It didn't work for me spraying it all over, no matter how much or little I used. It really did nothing. So I started using one spray just on the ends of the section I'm getting ready to flat iron. Its a very fine mist so it goes where you want it to. It fused to my ends, eliminated the frizz, and made my hair hang straight and soft without making it greasy. The iron seems to fuse it into my hair, eliminating the oiliness and smoothing the frizz. I love the fruity, woody scent. Now I can't be without it and use it whenever I flat iron.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love the idea of oil that doesn't feel greasy... but I'm on the hunt for a replacement for this. It doesn't work for my hair type or meet my needs.

I wash my hair every 4-5 days. It's dull from straightening, so I use this to replace the natural shine I've lost.

My hair is plentiful, but still fine. Unfortunately, benefits of this spray wear off after 8 hours. So, I'm spritzing with this daily to maintain shine. That means... after 5 days, I have way too much residue and build up to remove, so I'm using harsher shampoo than I prefer. Instead, a petroleum based hydrator or pure oil would be better suited for what I need... a much smaller amount can create smoothness that lasts until I wash it away.

on 5/25/2014 1:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This dry oil spray is really good, among the best I have ever used. I have medium fine wavy hair, over shoulder length, if I let it air dry which I would love to do, I end up with a frizz fest. So I have to blow dry my hair or use a flatiron. Most hair oils or mists end up weighing down my hair, making it greasy and limp, or don't have any noticeable effects. The Kendi mist is perfect in so many ways. I use about 10 sprays on my hair, concentrating on lengths and ends:
- Excellent packaging, the nozzle really dispenses a very fine mist and does not clog
- Leaves my hair soft to the touch
- Softly fragranced, pleasant to my nose (obviously, scents are very personal)
- After styling my hair has shine, body and bounce
At $25 per bottle it is definitely not cheap, but it really is a good product and the bottle lasts a few months, so I feel it is money well spent.

on 5/13/2014 8:44:00 AM

Another Alterna Bamboo winner.

Great mist for hair health and shine, but it doesn't weigh my hair down or leave it greasy at all.

I am over 40, but have a massive amount of long, blond hair that is fine and color treated (bombshell blond highlights, i.e., major amounts of chemicals and dryness, prone to breakage and damage).

This product gives me ooomph and shine, especially when used with other Alterna Bamboo products -- I am smitten with the Bamboo Volume spray, the Hydration Masque, and the Shampoo & Conditioner line.

I haven't had a bad experience with the Alterna Bamboo line yet, and this is one of the star players of a hair care product team that I am loving for all right reasons.

One of the best shine products that I've ever used.

on 12/9/2012 9:56:00 PM

After trying EVERYTHING I could find to try and tame my frizzy, damaged hair, I had settled on argan oil, thinking it was the best I could do. I received a sample of the alterna dry oil spray from sephora- AMAZING! Even my stylist was blown away at the difference! My hair is shiny and smooth and even my color holds between appointments! This stuff is liquid gold!

on 6/23/2012 11:20:00 PM

A new HG product for my fine, dry, color-treated hair. This oil smoothes, defrizzes, adds shine and leaves my hair so soft my boyfriend noticed IMMEDIATLEY that I had used something differrent on my hair.

What it doesn't do: Weight my hair down, feel greasy or leave a residue.

I paid more than I would like to for the bottle, but you need so little product per use that it ends up being a pretty decent value. (One bottle will last you months -- over a year if you don't use it every day.)

Highly recommend.