Alterna Haircare Bamboo Smooth Kendi Oil Dry Oil Mist

Filtered by age: 19-24
Alterna Haircare Bamboo Smooth Kendi Oil Dry Oil Mist

4.5

Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Phospholipids, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Polysilicone-15, Bambusa Vulgaris Extract, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Superoxide Dismutase, Tocopherol, Saccharomyces/Magnesium Ferment, Saccharomyces/Copper Ferment, Saccharomyces/Silicon Ferment, Saccharomyces/Zinc Ferment, Saccharomyces/Iron Ferment, Passiflora Edulis Seed Oil, Glycerin, Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Water (Aqua), Fragrance (Parfum), Citronellol, Limonene, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional.

on 1/29/2017 3:50:00 AM

I like this spray and the smell of it but I don't see amazing improvement of frizz. Overall I like it

on 6/6/2016 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this product for heat protection and it works very well, especially for frizz. It also makes my hair smooth and shiny. Although it is a spray, it does not tend to spray in a mist and concentrates in one spot. What I do to counter this is I spray the product into my hands and then run it through my hair. I highly recommend this for people with dry hair, but not those with oily hair as it will feel greasy. The spray also does have an odd smell (although it's not a bad one). It costs $25, which is not too bad for a higher end hair product.

on 11/30/2014 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

11/9/2015 update: I repurchased this after using up yet another bottle of my beloved ION Keratin Dry Oil mist. Why? Because I wanted to be fair and give a more thorough review.

This makes my hair soft without weighing it down. I appreciate that it has a bunch of natural oils yet doesn't make me look like a balding rat.

HOWEVER I feel the ION is still very close in formula/performance, but gives more slip than Alterna. That is definitely due to the fact the Alterna version isn't loaded with silicones. Ion does have quite a bit of silicones and my hair loves that.

Alterna's version is still WONDERFUL and I'm VERY thankful for there being another dry oil on the market. However this just isn't "holy grail" status.
--------
Original review:

I'm not saying this is a bad product. I am however, saying, that the price is ridiculous and I was able to find an even BETTER quality dupe. If any of you love this dry oil, check out ION Keratin Dry Oil Mist from Sally Beauty Supply. ION is about $7. The consistency is lighter than Alterna's. If ION's dry oil disappeared off the market, I would settle and continue repurchasing Alterna's Bamboo Smooth "dry" Oil Mist as it is a close second best.

Either way I am just happy to see another dry oil on the market. I can not think of any hair type these would not work on. Dry oils are especially a miracle product for us gals with damaged fine hair as it is very moisturizing yet light in consistency.

on 9/4/2014 2:21:00 AM

This stuff is so expensive but with it! Leaves great shine and not heavy at all!! I've tried all sorts of oils and serums that only weighted my hair down. Great detangler when getting right out the shower and super for adding shine to dull hair in any style.

I use this almost everyday and I do not do much with my hair. I just shampoo and condition it and then spritz this on. It smells great and it keeps my hair frizz free. The oil absorbs quickly and it smells like a high end perfume. Watch my video for demo on this.

on 3/14/2013 5:18:00 PM

I first got a trial size of this because I wasn't sure how i'd like it, but i went through it so quickly and decided to get a full size!! It is some awesome stuff! I've fried my hair and this helps it shine, even though it's in horrible condition. I love it and definitely will repurchase again!!

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This product has changed my hair! I have somewhat coarse, curly hair that I straighten or curl almost daily. Anytime I blow dry my hair, it gets SUPER frizzy and stands on end and feels like straw. My hair is rarely ever shiny and rarely ever feels soft. I let my hair air dry until it's about 50% dry, spray 2 pumps of this dry oil into my hands and distribute it throughout my hair, then I proceed to blow dry it. After I'm done blow drying, I put a little more of this on my hair and straighten it. After using this, my hair is instantly transformed into a soft, shiny curtain of hair with little to no frizz and smells great too! I love it. I'm on my second bottle of this and will continue to repurchase. I don't know that my hair could live without it.

on 12/10/2012 2:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Background: I don't like to use heat on my hair anymore since I used to damage it a ton with hair drying and straightening, even with protectant. I prefer the look of when my hair dries naturally since it has a bit of a wave, but unfortunately my hair is very dry and frizzy and thick. It is soooo fluffy after I wash it.

I got this as a sample and it is amazing. I spritz it in when my hair is damp, and it dries so nicely. It makes my hair soft, smooth, and completely tames the fluff factor. I usually use argon or olive oil in my wet hair, but if I accidentally pour out too much, it's an easy way to get greasy and weighed down results. However, this stuff does the same thing without any fear of weighing down my hair. Granted, my thick hair absorbs quite a bit, but they way this mists really gets every strand instead of targeting only one area. I only wash my hair every 3 days or so, and I only need to use this on days I wash, because the effect lasts for the next few days. It also smells lovely, and I was complimented on it too. Would definitely repurchase.