Tom Ford Shade & Illuminate, Intensity One

Tom Ford Shade & Illuminate, Intensity One

4.2

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is amazing! Lasts for ages! My skin looks glowing and dewy everyday all day. I would go as far to say as it's probably one of the best things I've ever bought!

I don't even know how you run out of this product. There is do much in the pan!! The contour color is gorgeous on my neutral, light medium skin. It blends beautifully... The high light is just outstanding. It's literally the most dewy, natural highlight you'll ever get. It isn't shimmery, it just looks like sexy, wet skin! Glad I took the $80 plunge... Supppppeerrrr expensive, but worth it.

on 1/13/2016 10:33:00 AM

Hella expensive, pretty packaging. My mum bought it and for special occasions I will use it, on top of it I still put powder bronzer. It blends really well and make my face look much more sculpted. However it needs effort to blend it , so it takes quite some time. Highly recommend it if you have a party or special occasions

on 10/30/2015 7:39:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This product, when used right, is excellent. It has just the right amount of glow. It's creamy and the brush makes it easy to apply the product, but the key is how you blend it. I have tried a variety of ways, but a damp beauty blender seems to give the most natural finish. I then use my fingers to apply the highlighter to the high spots on my face (which is the best part of this palette).

on 2/7/2015 2:57:00 PM

One of my new favourite must haves ,, really loving this product , I was recommended this and delighted I bought it lovely texture easy to work with the highlight is amazing !! Would defiantly buy this again !

on 1/20/2015 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I agree with a lot of the other reviewers... this highlighter is out of this world gorgeous. It's like actually having that glowy, celestial type of skin without any sort of obvious "makeup" effect. Even my most natural, skin colored highlighters don't quite compare when I'm wanting a completely natural, "bare" skin type of look. I love highlighters with an extreme passion and this is up there among the best I've ever worn. It melts into skin beautifully and makes it looks naturally lit from within, sort of the way skin looks when it's freshly washed, exfoliated, and moisturized. That baby soft, dewy appearance. It's colorless with super fine, sparse shimmer throughout. I use clean fingers to apply and smooth in since I love really working it into skin so it looks very natural and seamless. It looks beautiful in photos, and when I wear it I seem to get complimented on my skin a lot. The texture is silky, lightweight, thin, and ever so slightly tacky so it helps it stay put where needed and doesn't start smearing or transferring everywhere. I apply in all the usual highligher types of areas (tops of cheekbones, nose bridge, cupid's bow) but also use it often over cream blush to add a little glow.

The contour is on the warm side for my slightly cool toned NW5-10 skin, though I don't think it pulls orange or ruddy on me at all. But a little goes a very long way so I have to use a light touch with this. I use it under my cheekbones for an easy, effortless bit of contour. When it's done right it just adds a little bit of recession and a shadowy effect. When I first started using it I kept applying too much and it looked obvious. The right brush really makes a difference. I use the Chanel Foundation Brush #6 to apply and quickly blend, then a softer stippling style brush (MUFE 122 Blending Brush) to smooth it out and really blend everything in well. I don't love this, but I do like it. I only use it once in awhile since my go-to contour is Chanel's Notorious. And besides that I don't contour all that often. The texture is the same as the highlighter, so it's easy to apply and blend, and works well with skin's natural texture. The color is a medium, warm toned brown with a slight coppery tone. I find I use it more in the summer and warmer months when I use powder bronzers more often, so it looks more natural overall.

For reference my skin is sensitive and reactive but I haven't experienced any issues with this irritating my skin at all. Also, I have highlighted blond hair and light hazel eyes if that helps.

There's a ton of product here so it's lasted me well over a year so far, and I use the highlighter all the time and there's still about 75% of that product left in the pan. Depending on how much and how often you use it I imagine you'd get a lot of mileage out of this. Still, I wish they'd sell the two products separately as I'd keep buying the highlighter in a hot second and I doubt I'd repurchase the contour. So that leaves me on the fence as to whether I'd repurchase this again when I run out. Hopefully by then TF will have decided to package these separately, but if not I'm leaning towards a repurchase simply because the highlighter is so great.

So overall I'm giving this a three due to the difficult to use color of the contour and the amount of times I use it. But keep in mind the highlighter deserves five lippies.

on 8/11/2014 5:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I don't contour daily, usually if I'm having my picture taken or a special occasion otherwise I just use the highlight shade which is beyond gorgeous. The most amazing and sumptuous illuminating peart shade that catches the light and gives the appearance of healthy skin.

I have used the illuminator over powder foundation and powdered blush and it works amazingly.

I also use the contour shade over my lids for a smoky eye or as a base for dark eyeshadows.

I'll most likely repurchase when I run out of the illuminator which should be sold separately, or they could make refills.

The packaging is big and has a big mirror, I don't concear with the travelling aspect of this product as I don't consider this to travel around in my bad.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I know this kit is intended for contouring but I am not a contouring type of gal. Too much work, for me personally. Having said that, the highlighter part of this pair is an item I can't live without. After all my makeup is done I apply (with the Tom Ford brush) on the peak of my cheekbones, brow bone and down the nose. Just a little. It makes me look like I'm professionally lit.

I don't care if it's a million dollars, this highlighter makes all the difference for me.

I have tried hard to love this product but I just can't make it work for me - a true disappointment that I'm tirelessly trying to use up!

The worst thing about this product is the tone. Intensity 1 is marketed towards fairer skin tones and even on my pale olive skin I detect orange undertones. It's for this reason that I don't use the product as a contour but rather use it as I would a bronzer - lightly blend over the cheekbones and temples to liven up my complexion. On my combination skin, the dark shade alone provides me with enough of a glow so I have no use for the highlighter. I don't enjoy the sticky texture...I feel that it could be much more silky/more of a balmy texture which would last longer on the skin and look more natural.

The products do photograph beautifully which is why it's a favourite amongst make up artists. I can't see how this would be a staple in anyone's daily routine but it can be fun to play up your bone structure for special occasions. I find myself experimenting with this before nights out.

It is without a doubt a high-end contour/highlight with a high-end price tag. You do get a lot of product for your money but I feel there are much better 'shading' products on the market.

on 9/14/2013 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This is a pure LUXURY product in product and packaging.

DID NOT WORK FOR ME (I am a MAC NW15-25 cool light skin pink undertones)

1). Even the lightest contour color was too dark.

2). The cream highlighter was like grease, coconut oil works better (I like the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in the lightest color)

3). Price - you can get same results with other products at much less cost
4). Packaging -- thick and heavy - don't like to lug around such a fat heavy item

I know everyone wants TOM FORD ....seriously I spent $75 on this product and was really disappointed

The HYPE over TOM FORD -- it is just what I though, HYPE