I love this mascara! It's definitely one of my favourites. My lashes are pretty long and thick, but they're ridiculously straight. I live in a super hot and humid country too! So I was looking for a mascara that can hold a curl well, and is waterproof and smudge proof. I have tried other mascaras like Maybelline Volume Express (the cat eye one), Rimmel Glam Eyes Day 2 Night, and Heroine Make Volume and Curl. I hated all of them. They were way too clumpy and made my eyelashes droop. Then I saw a video review on clicknetwork.tv and saw this product receiving rave reviews, so I decided to try it. It is amazing. (But it also depends on how you apply it.) Firstly, you have to use a tissue to wipe of a lot of excess mascara from the wand or you might end up with super clumpy lashes. Then, you just have to follow the instructions on the packaging. (Assuming you have already curled your lashes.)
- Holds the curl really well. My eyelashes didn't droop at all.
- It's very very black
- Extremely waterproof , smudgeproof, sweat-proof, and sebum-proof. Use a good oil-based waterproof eye makeup remover to remove this. I use Biore waterproof eye makeup remover to do this.
- Lasts throughout the day.
- Every lash is coated with mascara, even the lashes at the corner.
- Application is tedious.
- It clumps when you use more than 2 coats.
- It's not very volumising or lengthening. But that's alright for me, since my eyelashes are pretty long and thick on their own.
- It feels pretty dry. Unlike the Rimmel mascara I've tried, which made my lashes feel soft and natural, this one makes my lashes feel stiff and rough. But it doesn't bother me too much. So that's not too bad. Hence the 4 out of 5 rating.
Overall, this mascara fulfils what I look for in a mascara, so it's pretty good. But it's not absolutely perfect. (Then again, it's quite cheap to begin with.) So I'll definitely buy this again. Unless there's a better and more value-for-money mascara out there.