MISSHA Cho Bo Yang BB Cream

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
MISSHA Cho Bo Yang BB Cream
MISSHA MISA Cho Bo Yang BB Cream SPF30 PA++ 20mlCho Bo Yang BB CreamCho Bo Yang BB Cream

Water, Titanium Dioxide, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dipropylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Dicaprylate/Dicaprate Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Arbutin Cyclohexasiloxane, Zinc Oxide Sodium Hyaluronate, Calcium Stearate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Magnesium Sulfate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Diisostearyl Malate, Talc, Iron Oxides, Beeswax, Iron Oxides, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butylparaben, Cordyceps Sinensis Extract, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Fruit Extract, Disteardimonium Hectorite Fragrance, Houttuynia Cordata Extract, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate Adenosine, Asparagus Lucidus Root Extract, Laminaria Japonica Extract, Tussilago Farfara (Coltsfoot) Flower Extract, Bacillus/Soybean Ferment Extract, Bletilla Striata Root Extract, Echinacea Purpurea Extract, Perilla Ocymoides Leaf Extract, Cynanchum Wifordi Root Extract, Lycium Chinense Root Extract, Polygonum Multiflorum Root Extract, Rehmannia Glutinosa Root Extract, Allium Sativum (Garlic) Bulb Extract, Asparagus Cochinchinensis Root Extract, Astragalus Membranaceus Root Extract, Cnidium Officinale Root Extract, Coptis Chinensis Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Nut Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Morus Alba Bark Extract, Ophiopogon Japonicus Root Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Paeonia Lactiflora Root Extract, Poria Cocos Extract, Schizandra Chinensis Fruit Extract, SilicaTerminalia Chebula Fruit Extract Gold

on 5/21/2018 10:26:00 AM

I found this on sale at BB&B for $15 and shrugged, why not? I was there for foundation anyway. I picked it up in #23, Calm Beige. I chose that shade because it was the ONLY ONE available. So there's that.

Skin background: olive, oily, clog-prone, bane of my existence. Foundations I currently use and love: EL Double Wear Light, Holika Holika Sweet Cotton BB Cream (which I think is discontinued nooooo), MUFE Ultra HD (not loving that one as much anymore). I prefer a light to medium skinlike coverage situation. The EL is $$ and I don't need it for every day wear, so I wanted an alternative to alternate as well as mix in with the EL. The Sweet Cotton is completely awesome, but I can't find it anymore and it's a tad drying. I've also used the MISSHA Perfect Cover BB cream in the past and really really liked it. I like this one better though. I know this is a lot of random info but it helps me sometimes when reading reviews and making choices!

First I want to compare the 2 MISSHAs. Both start off a little too pale & gray but quickly adapt to a perfect shade for me. Both come in hard plastic tubes that look like squeezy tubes but have a covered pump (love). Both have amazing longevity and just go in with the black magic when it comes to making your skin look better?? The Perfect Cover is thicker and tackier and has a dewier finish on the whole. Cho Bo Yang has more slip, more of a satin finish, and is overall better for oily skin in my opinion.

Hello Cho Bo Yang, what sorcery is this? How do you smooth on like non-clogging butter? It's like I'm using the erase tool on MS Paint. My skin is good—mostly clear but prone to clogs and redness with some hyperpigmentation & large pores. I do a lot of chemical exfoliation so it can get dry and flaky at times. I'm mentioning this because I truly do need a foundation "wardrobe" since my skin has different personalities on the daily. I got CBY on a week where this happened more often than usual and it handled every change like a friggin champ.

I apply with my fingers. I don't need a lot to cover my face. And I do mean cover. It's like the molecules do a little dance when they hit your skin and somehow multiply. This is definitely not a tinted moisturizer. The finish is gorgeous—it's sparkly but not...there are no actual sparkles, but it looks like you have a cartoon sparkle aura. Put another way: it makes your skin glow. I set with a light dusting of silica based powder because I don't want to ruin this finish. It lasts all day (at the end of the night there is no discernable nastiness, just the normal oil accumulation). It controls oil a bit, I don't stay matte all day but when I do get oily it doesn't look bad, just more glowy, and blotting is easy. It doesn't oxidize. The shade is perfect for me. It hasn't broken me out or irritated my skin. If it clogs my pores, I won't know for at least another month lol.

I prefer this over the Perfect Cover for my oily skin. It's easier to apply and the finish and longevity is better.

I am going back to BB&B to get the rest of the tubes they have. F I N

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

It's OK, just OK. Is quite a thick cream and provides good coverage for a BB cream. Covers up my red patches and even under eye circles to some extent :)

I also don't like it because it's thick it feels greasy on my face and I kind of feel like I want to wash it off all day, it feels sticky, I wish it was matte. I have very oily skin and while it seems to prohibit the production of more oil I feel like the texture of the product is greasy in it self. If I touch my face on something during the day a greasy beige smudge will ensure, I don't like that I prefer thing that set to a matte finish on my face.

I initially got a sample of the lighter colour natural beige and the colour was way too light for me but I LOVED the product when I first tried it so got a full size in 2 the deeper calm beige colour. Well it came and still not a colour match it is a VERY COOL tone beige, both shades are very cool. It's not really my colour but it does counteract the red in my skin which is a plus. Looks very unnatural when I first apply but then sort of blends into my skin tone after 30 mins.

Apparently it has ingredients like "Pure Gold", "Velvet" and "Deer Antler" :/ I don't know how I feel about this. Crazy Asian products (I can say that cause I'm asian ;) I use a lot of skin actives that are well researched and proved, pure gold, velvet and deer antlers sound like a bit of a gimmick to me. I also had slight sensitivity at first but seems to have gone now. Maybe it was the deer antlers hahaha!

The other thing I need to mention is it is apparently whitening, like most asian products, I'm asian but grew up in australia so I like to be tanned not white :/ The good thing is I have found no whitening effects.

PROs
- 30+ SPF
- Nice Coverage.
- Actually covers my huge pores well.

CONs
- Thick and greasy.
- Gold, velvet and deer antlers