MISSHA Cho Bo Yang BB Cream

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
MISSHA  Cho Bo Yang BB Cream
MISSHA MISA Cho Bo Yang BB Cream SPF30 PA++ 20ml

4.5

Water, Titanium Dioxide, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dipropylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Dicaprylate/Dicaprate Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Arbutin Cyclohexasiloxane, Zinc Oxide Sodium Hyaluronate, Calcium Stearate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Magnesium Sulfate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Diisostearyl Malate, TalcIron Oxides, Beeswax, Iron Oxides, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butylparaben, Cordyceps Sinensis Extract, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Fruit Extract, Disteardimonium Hectorite Fragrance, Houttuynia Cordata Extract, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate Adenosine, Asparagus Lucidus Root Extract, Laminaria Japonica Extract, Tussilago Farfara (Coltsfoot) Flower Extract, Bacillus/Soybean Ferment Extract, Bletilla Striata Root Extract, Echinacea Purpurea Extract, Perilla Ocymoides Leaf Extract, Cynanchum Wifordi Root Extract, Lycium Chinense Root Extract, Polygonum Multiflorum Root Extract, Rehmannia Glutinosa Root Extract, Allium Sativum (Garlic) Bulb Extract, Asparagus Cochinchinensis Root Extract, Astragalus Membranaceus Root Extract, Cnidium Officinale Root Extract, Coptis Chinensis Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Nut Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Morus Alba Bark Extract, Ophiopogon Japonicus Root Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Paeonia Lactiflora Root Extract, Poria Cocos Extract, Schizandra Chinensis Fruit Extract, SilicaTerminalia Chebula Fruit Extract Gold

on 11/12/2017 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This came out on top of a nine-foundation test. It covers well, is fairly moisturizing, and the 21 matches my skin perfectly.

I generally apply a thin coat with my hands, rubbing it in, then go over with another light pass, but patting it in where I need more coverage.

I got a sponge knockoff from TJ Maxx and decided to try it and it looks even better when I just press it into my skin - boing boing boing - and leave it alone for a few minutes to warm up and blend a little better. I need to top off my T zone with a light dusting of powder or super pale bronzer, but it works very well for me.

I wish it came in a tension pact, but such is life.

on 11/8/2016 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Another outstanding product from Missha. I've been using it for 2 months now, so it's time for a review. Guess I was lucky since this BB cream didn't break me out like some of the reviewers, which is odd, cause I'm extremely clog-prone.

Cho Bo Yang is definitely on the thicker side, when it comes to consistency, so if you're looking for an even higher coverage than let's say Perfect Cover BB Cream from Missha, then Cho Bo Yang may be something for you. It preforms splendid when it comes to evening out the skin, my face looks like airbrushed when I apply this with the beauty blender and it doesn't oxidise or fade away. The finish is not entirely matte but it's neither on the dewy side, I'd rather say it's satin.

What I also noticed is that my skin needs more hydration when I wear Cho Bo Yang. I usually apply the SK-II essence and follow up with a light face cream before I apply this BB cream and it works perfectly. Day cream alone is not enough in my case though I think you wont need this extra essence-lotion-whatever-moisture step, if your skin is on the oilier or combo side. Obviously, the oil control is very good.

So all in all: this is definitely worth spending your money on and I think that drier skin type ladies and gents will also like this if you double up the moisture cream because despite being a little drying, this BB cream doesn't emphasize dry pathes and fine lines.

The reason I took one lippy off is the limited colour range. I wear #13 in Misshas Perfect Cover BB Cream, so the shade #1 is a little too dark on me.

on 5/28/2015 10:11:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I'm reviewing the new version of this BB which comes with a pump top. I have pale skin with a cool undertone and Ive been using Missha Signature BB in 13 and adding the tiniest dab of a taupe foundation to get the perfect colour. I was pretty much resigned to doing this because I love the Signature BB. However after using Cho Bo Yang I've ditched it. Even though it has even less colour range Signature, the #1 shade is spot on perfect for me. Its hard to describe, almost the same depth as #13 providing a very cool, pale finish, but slightly more natural in that it doesnt have that absolutely stark, white, ghostly colour before it oxidises. It also smells really nice, very subtle and herb-like.
The texture is glorious, thicker than Signature and more moisturising. I find it needs to be applied with clean hands so the heat melts it into your skin. I then buff it in with my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. I sometimes mix it with moisturiser for a sheer finish, applied alone it provides a medium-full level of coverage. I often dont even bother with a concealer. If you have very oily skin it may be a little too moisturising. I have normal/combo skin and find I have to blot a little earlier during the day than I do with the Signature BB, but I think its absolutely worth it. Ive thrown out all my foundations since I cant see myself ever needing anything else but Cho Bo Yang as its so versatile.

on 6/29/2014 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

The ONLY con about this product is its grey-pinkish-hued color (in the lighter one). Its heavy-pink tone is favored by some in Korea, but is not my personal favorite. It just didn't look natural on me, clashed with my neck and body skin tone (Mac NC15-20), and made me look quite "made-up."

Other than that, it was everything one could hope for: great skincare benefits, smooth and creamy, not cakey, good coverage yet natural looking (as long as the color agreed with you), wonderful lasting power, not oxidizing, etc. It made my skin look smooth-textured and radiant.

I've seen this praised on so many Korean beauty forums, and rightfully so. As for the color problem, many people mix this with a little bit of heavy-yellow toned base product such as Missha's M Signature Radiance Foundation. For me, I applied a heavy-yellow toned powder foundation on top of it to counteract the pinkish-ness.

I eventually stopped purchasing it after the second tube. But if you're okay with the color, it's definitely THE Korean BB cream to try. It's pricy, but Missha goes on sale fairly frequently, even on its US website.

on 12/26/2013 3:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Totally love it, the best BB/CC of all I have tried and believe me I tried many, mostly hi-end products like The History of Whoo, Hera, Sulwhasoo you name it. I was very reluctant about Missha because its skincare is less natural than, say, Whoo which I like better than Sulwhasoo. But I happened to find a full list of ingredients online in English and was totally sold because it happens to have ginseng water or extract or whatever in the second place and a good several dozens of other oriental miracle stuff. Can you believe that. It beats by far all western foundations claiming to have skincare properties. So I first purchased it in Natural Beige and 20 ml version. It comes thick but lovely emollient and blends well, I put it over Whoo balancer or even lotion when my skin is drier. I use my fingers. A little goes a long way, it doesn't cake up or crease, it is not too shiny but I prefer to settle it with powder. Color wise, 01 goes well with my fair pinkish-neutral skin (Dior 010-020 or MAC NW15), though I have also had some samples in the same 01 and they were much darker and had greyish tone to them and didn't suit me that well. Or did I think so at that moment? I am not very sure of color consistency between batches. Well, I was so impressed that I also purchased full 50ml versions in 01 and 02, for the summer time and am so excited for them to arrive. It is dirt cheap and if you love ginseng skincare, you should try it.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I waited a couple months before I wrote this review just to make sure - but this is my favourite BB cream out in the market :D

I've tried quite a few - especially the Asian BB creams (from Dr G, to BRTC, to Estee Lauder, Skin79 etc) and I absolutely love this one!

I have NC25/C3.5 skin for reference and No 2 Calm Beige is a good match for my skintone (the best I've ever found in terms of BB creams), moreso in the cooler months. When I start to tan I use a darker setting powder to offset any paleness.

It has a medium-full coverage (depending on how you layer it) and really covers all my redness, blemishes and scarring (I don't have a lot of this but I find it really smooths everything out). It has quite a thick matte consistency which is also good for my combination skin. I set this with powder and it looks really natural on.

A problem that I've had with other BB creams is that they tend to oxidise and leave a grey cast. I haven't had this problem really at all with this - which is fantastic!

My old HG BB cream is Missha Signature Real Complete which I used to love - I alternate between the two but I find myself reaching for this one a lot more.

EDIT July 2014: after over 1 year of use I still love this BB cream but I do find it that it does get a bit ashy by the end of the day. I find myself reaching for my Missha Signature Real Complete a lot more if I feel like using a BB cream I have downgraded one lippy because of this

on 6/2/2013 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product off mynameiskorean.com for about $28USD with a $5 shipping and I live in Canada. I read all the good reviews on here and decided to try this product out. This is my first MISSHA product because the Signature BB cream didn't get as high of reviews. I'm Chinese and am around an NC30-35. I bought this is shade No. 2 Natural Beige and the color matches me well. I actually like the packaging and the tube spout is thinner than most tube spouts. I can squirt a good amount out as sometimes, with different BB creams and different textures, sometimes you need more than others. I don't need to use too much with this one as a little goes a long way. The texture is smooth and a little thick which is good for coverage and smoothing it out on the face. I squirt some onto my finger and then dot it evenly on my index, middle and ring fingers (both hands) and distribute it by dotting around my face and then patting it in so it provides a more even coverage. My skin has not reacted to this BB cream and I don't notice any smell, at least that didn't throw me off. Unfortunately, I don't think this BB cream has any English written on it so you need to find a website that tells you which shade you're buying and remember which shade you bought. I wrote mine on a sticky note and also can refer to emails. Overall, I would repurchase this BB cream if I ran out providing I don't go out and try other BB creams (which probably won't happen ;))

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I am currently using this for my daily foundation and I LOVE it! I have several MISSHA BBs and this one is my fave by far. Because I have a bit of color (it's August as I write this), I know this will be too dark for me mid-winter but for now I am really enjoying it. I ordered it from Amazon and it was very reasonably priced. I have it in the lightest shade and it's a perfect match for my NC15+tan skin (probably around NC20). It is slightly warm but pretty neutral, natural finish, does not cause any breakouts and wears very well throughout the day despite heat here over 90 degrees. Great product - highly recommend for the pale ladies!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This BB cream is THE BEST I have tried! Believe me, I have tried almost every Asian brand under the sun!(Perfect Cover, Skin 97 Diamond, Skinfood Mushroom, Dr Jart++ to name a few).
Cho Bo Yang has medium to heavy coverage and can be built up to hide redness, acne scars, and discoloration. The consistency is much thicker than M perfect cover. The smell is medicinal and semi-perfume-y. It reminds me of a Chinese herb & medicine shop. I use a pea size amount for my face and blend with a bare minerals kabuki brush. It appears very white (no gray cast) at first, but within 5 mins blends into your skin color. The oil control is great (compared to perfect cover), but I have dry skin so that may be why I don't have a shine by mid day. I wear it for a full eight hours to work with one touch up on the 5th hour. It gives my skin a glowing look without looking oily. It also appears the most natural looking out of all the BB creams I have tried. A deal breaker for me is if it causes breaks outs. This one DOES NOT ;)
I am very happy with this bb cream. I will be buying another bottle.

on 6/26/2012 11:06:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

As someone who doesn't need much coverage (my go-to makeup is Alima mineral foundation and blush) I think of BB creams as enhanced sunscreens -- and had high hopes for this almost unanimously praised version. With quite fair Asian skin (NC15-ish) even in summer, I felt confident ordering Cho Bo Yang in its lighter shade, Natural Beige. Turns out I'm still a couple of shades too dark for it. I agree that coverage is great, like a substantial liquid foundation, but for me it verges on mask-like, though I used only a 1/4-pea-sized amount of product over my entire face. Still, I'll be keeping this BB cream as a winter sunscreen and if that works well consider trying the darker shade. Two nagging questions: why is this BB cream so much pricier ($46) than Missha's Perfect Cover ($30)? And what in the world makes it the "Herbal Prescription BB Cream," according to Missha's website?