MISSHA Cho Bo Yang BB Cream

MISSHA Cho Bo Yang BB Cream
MISSHA MISA Cho Bo Yang BB Cream SPF30 PA++ 20mlCho Bo Yang BB CreamCho Bo Yang BB Cream

4.2

Water, Titanium Dioxide, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dipropylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Dicaprylate/Dicaprate Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Arbutin Cyclohexasiloxane, Zinc Oxide Sodium Hyaluronate, Calcium Stearate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Magnesium Sulfate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Diisostearyl Malate, Talc, Iron Oxides, Beeswax, Iron Oxides, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butylparaben, Cordyceps Sinensis Extract, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Fruit Extract, Disteardimonium Hectorite Fragrance, Houttuynia Cordata Extract, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate Adenosine, Asparagus Lucidus Root Extract, Laminaria Japonica Extract, Tussilago Farfara (Coltsfoot) Flower Extract, Bacillus/Soybean Ferment Extract, Bletilla Striata Root Extract, Echinacea Purpurea Extract, Perilla Ocymoides Leaf Extract, Cynanchum Wifordi Root Extract, Lycium Chinense Root Extract, Polygonum Multiflorum Root Extract, Rehmannia Glutinosa Root Extract, Allium Sativum (Garlic) Bulb Extract, Asparagus Cochinchinensis Root Extract, Astragalus Membranaceus Root Extract, Cnidium Officinale Root Extract, Coptis Chinensis Root Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Nut Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Morus Alba Bark Extract, Ophiopogon Japonicus Root Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Paeonia Lactiflora Root Extract, Poria Cocos Extract, Schizandra Chinensis Fruit Extract, SilicaTerminalia Chebula Fruit Extract Gold

This works very well with my Estée Lauder double wear 1W1 Bone to make it less dullishly yellow/orange. The slight grey in this B.B. cream mixed in helped make the foundation look more natural and closer to my olive tone, with no compromise on the longevity. I mix both in 1:1 ratio.

The texture of this B.B. cream is hard to describe. It is sturdy, yet very blendable and wears very smoothly. I like the herby smell as well. Packaging is convenient and hygienic. Shade 21 works for me.

on 11/5/2018 8:04:00 AM

This is some wickedly good sh*t! (Though it does come in second in coverage, finish, and longevity to my Sekkisei White CC Cream, but it`s at least 10 bucks cheaper than that.) It goes well with both fingers and a sponge, but a sponge makes it look fantastic. Missha continues to impress me with their makeup range. It covers well, but really looks like skin if you take the time to blend it well. I didn`t detect any fragrance in mine, but I am a tad hard of smelling. It lasted a good 8 hours on me with a dusting of powder, but on my oily skin it does get shiny soon, so I need to retouch with powder. If you can`t afford or find the Sekkisei White CC Cream, this is a good buy, too.

I really really love this BB cream.especially when days i dont want to put foundation on my face. In the morning, I usually put my SK-II Treatment essence on my face and after that i put cho bo yang bb cream and im ready to go. It has spf, skincare all in one. It is a meduim coverage, and i do love the scentūüėČ.

on 5/21/2018 10:26:00 AM

I found this on sale at BB&B for $15 and shrugged, why not? I was there for foundation anyway. I picked it up in #23, Calm Beige. I chose that shade because it was the ONLY ONE available. So there's that.

Skin background: olive, oily, clog-prone, bane of my existence. Foundations I currently use and love: EL Double Wear Light, Holika Holika Sweet Cotton BB Cream (which I think is discontinued nooooo), MUFE Ultra HD (not loving that one as much anymore). I prefer a light to medium skinlike coverage situation. The EL is $$ and I don't need it for every day wear, so I wanted an alternative to alternate as well as mix in with the EL. The Sweet Cotton is completely awesome, but I can't find it anymore and it's a tad drying. I've also used the MISSHA Perfect Cover BB cream in the past and really really liked it. I like this one better though. I know this is a lot of random info but it helps me sometimes when reading reviews and making choices!

First I want to compare the 2 MISSHAs. Both start off a little too pale & gray but quickly adapt to a perfect shade for me. Both come in hard plastic tubes that look like squeezy tubes but have a covered pump (love). Both have amazing longevity and just go in with the black magic when it comes to making your skin look better?? The Perfect Cover is thicker and tackier and has a dewier finish on the whole. Cho Bo Yang has more slip, more of a satin finish, and is overall better for oily skin in my opinion.

Hello Cho Bo Yang, what sorcery is this? How do you smooth on like non-clogging butter? It's like I'm using the erase tool on MS Paint. My skin is good‚ÄĒmostly clear but prone to clogs and redness with some hyperpigmentation & large pores. I do a lot of chemical exfoliation so it can get dry and flaky at times. I'm mentioning this because I truly do need a foundation "wardrobe" since my skin has different personalities on the daily. I got CBY on a week where this happened more often than usual and it handled every change like a friggin champ.

I apply with my fingers. I don't need a lot to cover my face. And I do mean cover. It's like the molecules do a little dance when they hit your skin and somehow multiply. This is definitely not a tinted moisturizer. The finish is gorgeous‚ÄĒit's sparkly but not...there are no actual sparkles, but it looks like you have a cartoon sparkle aura. Put another way: it makes your skin glow. I set with a light dusting of silica based powder because I don't want to ruin this finish. It lasts all day (at the end of the night there is no discernable nastiness, just the normal oil accumulation). It controls oil a bit, I don't stay matte all day but when I do get oily it doesn't look bad, just more glowy, and blotting is easy. It doesn't oxidize. The shade is perfect for me. It hasn't broken me out or irritated my skin. If it clogs my pores, I won't know for at least another month lol.

I prefer this over the Perfect Cover for my oily skin. It's easier to apply and the finish and longevity is better.

I am going back to BB&B to get the rest of the tubes they have. F I N

on 11/12/2017 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Edit: I had to give this up, even though it was my HG of HGs. It's tested on animals, as MISSHA sells directly in mainland China. The day after China doesn't require them to test, I'll buy it in bulk.

This came out on top of a nine-foundation test. It covers well, is fairly moisturizing, and the 21 matches my skin perfectly.

I generally apply a thin coat with my hands, rubbing it in, then go over with another light pass, but patting it in where I need more coverage.

I got a sponge knockoff from TJ Maxx and decided to try it and it looks even better when I just press it into my skin - boing boing boing - and leave it alone for a few minutes to warm up and blend a little better. I need to top off my T zone with a light dusting of powder or super pale bronzer, but it works very well for me.

I wish it came in a tension pact, but such is life.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Omg this is the bomb! I mean total coverage, moisturizing., sunscreen, just the best for me- does not sink into lines and seriously for me this blows away any foundation and coverup I have ever tried. It's very similar to IT cc cream but it's better. There is only one color I have tried. It's no. 23- calm beige-and I bought it at BED BATH AND BEYOND for 29.99 and then used my 20 percent coupon. It blends so beautifully. I can't say enough- my daughter is very fair and she even likes it but I thought it would be too dark and she said it works! So if you are like me and have tons of foundations and concealer this is all u need. It covers my bags so well- I then set it with pressed powder- lasts all day. U only need a little and I use foundation concealer brush for bags or just my fingers. Daughter uses beauty blender. It's thick but no worries cuz it doesn't cake on. Love it and it better never be gone!!!!

on 4/5/2016 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I tried a sample of Cho Bo in shade #21 thinking it might be a tiny bit too dark. For reference, I'm #13 in Missha's Signature BB, MAC NW10 (there abouts) or ghost. So, #21. Well, it is pretty darn pale, it seems to match my skin beautifully. Perhaps, if I were to be superpicky, it's a tiny, tiny bit on the dark side, but that's why we have something called "blending".....

I like this BB cream. A lot.

I have dry/combo, acne prone, slightly red, pinky, hyper pigmented, annoyingly imperfect skin, with visible pores. Hell yes, I've got it all going on, aren't I lucky?

But, Cho Bo... She evens, covers, moisturises, hides my pores. I'm left with a natural, refined, velvety finish that dries & doesn't feel sticky. You could get away with not powdering. It doesn't grab on to dry patches, it doesn't look cakey, it's even & has great medium to high coverage. Bear in mind, this was only one coat applied using a flat-headed brush & by using about a pea-sized amount. It's exceptional. I would definitely recommend if you have dry/combination skin!

on 11/19/2015 7:27:00 AM

I bought a couple of sample sizes in shade 1 from Ebay, after reading all the good reviews about this. I did not want to buy a full size tube without trying first, as this is one of the most expensive BB creams from Missha.

Shade 1 (I think this has been renamed as Shade 21) is perfect for my NC15 skin, but with only a choice of 2 colors in this, it does not suit everyone. The cream itself is very thick and great coverage, but spreads easily without looking mask like. I found that it did not settle into pores or fine lines, and gave a semi-matte finish (which is better for me than most BB creams which are excessively shiny on my skin.) It covered my melasma patches very well, without the need for an additional concealer.

I like the way this looks when applied, and I will probably buy a tube of this when I can get it on sale.

on 5/28/2015 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I'm reviewing the new version of this BB which comes with a pump top. I have pale skin with a cool undertone and Iíve been using Missha Signature BB in 13 and adding the tiniest dab of a taupe foundation to get the perfect colour. I was pretty much resigned to doing this because I love the Signature BB. However after using Cho Bo Yang I've ditched it. Even though it has even less colour range Signature, the #1 shade is spot on perfect for me. Itís hard to describe, almost the same depth as #13 providing a very cool, pale finish, but slightly more natural in that it doesnít have that absolutely stark, white, ghostly colour before it oxidises. It also smells really nice, very subtle and herb-like.
The texture is glorious, thicker than Signature and more moisturising. I find it needs to be applied with clean hands so the heat melts it into your skin. I then buff it in with my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. I sometimes mix it with moisturiser for a sheer finish, applied alone it provides a medium-full level of coverage. I often donít even bother with a concealer. If you have very oily skin it may be a little too moisturising. I have normal/combo skin and find I have to blot a little earlier during the day than I do with the Signature BB, but I think itís absolutely worth it. Iíve thrown out all my foundations since I canít see myself ever needing anything else but Cho Bo Yang as itís so versatile.

on 5/2/2015 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Easily my favourite BB cream out of the dozen or more I've tried, and another big tick for Missha. I'm the darker shade #2 and have repurchased in #23 (it's the same, just changed to be in line with the usual Korean shade codes) which will suit those around NW/NC25-30. I was dubious at first it might be too grey but it really improves my skin tone to be brighter and wuch more uniform, an enormous feat given I'm covered in melasma! It's a shame the shade range is small but it's worth testing if you can. I was surprised I matched. Let it sink in a few minutes then judge in sunlight.

It seems full coverage but doesn't have the typical problems that brings. This cream blends in seamlessly, is quick drying and is so light you will forget you're wearing it. Finish is satin which can easily pull matte when teamed with the right primer or a slight dust of powder.

I'm confused if this is meant to be for dry or oily skin, but it is amazing on my dry skin, even on really flaky days. I don't find it either moisturising or drying but it sinks in nicely and keeps my face looking neat without causing it more problems. That's exactly what I want from my base make up! It lasts upwards of 12 hours in my humid climate and looks natural until removed with a cleanser.

It has a herbal scent initially but its gone by the time you apply. Its so easy to apply - pat/swipe with fingers/brush/sponge. It all works quick and easy. This has really changed how I treat my face. Because my pigmentation is so bad I'd feel compelled to put on foundation every time I left the house and it could look cakey and inappropriate. Now I just take 5 seconds to apply this in the morning and off I go, no one realises how bad my skin really is because this looks so natural and stays put all day, even through high impact exercise!

I still use a sunscreen for higher SPF and PA protection, and I also still use foundation for going out for more formal occasions. This plays nicely with everything I layer it with.

I never realised how amazing BB cream could be until I tried this. It is a game changer!